What to do? What to do?

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

What to do? What to do?

Post by dolomite »

To impeach or not to impeach? That is the choice before Nancy Pelosi as she strategizes over how best to position Democrats for 2020 and as she fends off yet another challenge to her leadership in the House.

Pelosi knows from experience that impeaching a president is a dangerous undertaking. In an interview in The Atlantic, she said the impeachment of President Bill Clinton was “so bad, it was so wrong, and they had no right to do it, and it disrupted the public confidence in what we do.”

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/liz-pee ... 2020-hopes

Impeaching or attempting to impeach Trump would be foolish. If they did and Pence became President the Democrats wouldn't have much to campaign on since "evil" Trump would be gone. What would the main stream media do without Trump? Anyway, anyone who thinks the Senate would finish Trump off is living in a dream world,(e.g.Tom Steyer, Lawrence O'Donnell, CNN).
As far as Democrat candidates negotiating internationally, I just can't picture people like Booker,Beto,Harris, Warren, et.al. as being very strong.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Re: What to do? What to do?

Post by dolomite »

I would've still voted for him had I known he had an affair ten years earlier. That doesn't disqualify a presidential candidate.
Careful, you might pull a muscle with all your reaching.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

it isn’t the affair in and of itself that’s problem

but regardless, just because YOU have no moral compass as it relates to these matters doesn’t mean everyone who voted for him would feel the same
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Dolomite, in your opinion, what offense/s would be worthy of impeachment?
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The congressional slush fund spends millions and millions paying off, covering up the sexual deviance’s of our elected officials.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

That is so much b.s. Trump didn't use any campaign funds to keep his affairs hushed. Fold up your fantasy tent Trad and move on.
Taylor Sheridan
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

dolomite wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:27 pm
That is so much b.s. Trump didn't use any campaign funds to keep his affairs hushed. Fold up your fantasy tent Trad and move on.
If you will read the entire thread that I linked, you will see why it's much worse than a campaign fund violation.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:05 pm Dolomite, in your opinion, what offense/s would be worthy of impeachment?
All I know is what the constitution says. Isn't that what we're supposed to go by these days in our democratic society? So much depends on the Senate and how they feel when they vote on it.

OK let's talk about treason, a term that has been bandied about by people who think they know what it is
but really don't.

The Constitution defines treason in Article 3, Section 3, Clause 1:

1. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in LEVYING WAR against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
So there you have it we're not at "war" with Russia are we?

The following presumably while the President is in office.
2. criminal activity
3. perjury
4. bribery
5. high crimes and misdemeanors (to be interpreted by Congress).
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Geezer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:49 pm
If you will read the entire thread that I linked, you will see why it's much worse than a campaign fund violation.
Where is the link? I'll read it.
Taylor Sheridan
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Click on the twitter post and go to his page.
It's 20 tweets long.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

dolomite wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 10:07 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:05 pm Dolomite, in your opinion, what offense/s would be worthy of impeachment?
All I know is what the constitution says. Isn't that what we're supposed to go by these days in our democratic society? So much depends on the Senate and how they feel when they vote on it.

OK let's talk about treason, a term that has been bandied about by people who think they know what it is
but really don't.

The Constitution defines treason in Article 3, Section 3, Clause 1:

1. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in LEVYING WAR against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.
So there you have it we're not at "war" with Russia are we?

The following presumably while the President is in office.
2. criminal activity
3. perjury
4. bribery
5. high crimes and misdemeanors (to be interpreted by Congress).
Was this a talking point you heard or did you come up with this BS all yourself? I'm guessing you heard it somewhere. I've seen it going around that the criminal code is just so dang hard to understand of course Trump didn't know WTF he was doing (even the he is a self described "great mind").
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah read geezer's tweet!

so does it all come down the CFO testifying whether Trump was involved? what kinda CFO testimony is worth immunity?

in addition to testimony, don't the feds have how many pages of evidence from Cohen's office, apartment, Douchebank etc?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:58 pm Read this entire thread.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kurteichenwa ... 2dkDEXkWlQ
OMG! OMG! OMG!

Kurt Eichenwald lulz
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:07 pm it isn’t the affair in and of itself that’s problem

but regardless, just because YOU have no moral compass as it relates to these matters doesn’t mean everyone who voted for him would feel the same
John Edwards and slick Willie say HELLO!
Taylor Sheridan
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

A good twitter thread, Geezer, that gives a succinct explanation.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

seahawk wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 9:23 am A good twitter thread, Geezer, that gives a succinct explanation.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

You apparently do not understand what all constitutes campaign finance violations.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

We should pass on impeaching him and just arrest him after he loses the 2020 election.