California gets what they voted for

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: California gets what they voted for

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:35 am Ah good here comes the Calvary. Suprised it wasnt a super informative meme.

This is why Trump in office sucks. Everything has to become political and republican vs democrat. Im not a republican, im not a democrat. Noone is allowed to make any sort of stance or observatiom without being categorized as wholeheartedly on one side of the line or the other. Those lines have become so extreme to the right and the left that its insane.
You'll be happier if you avoid the assumption that everything's about you.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

TDub is right.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Feral wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:29 am Let's add "states rights" to the endless list of vacuous slogans masquerading as principles, like "fiscal responsibility", "family values", "law and order party", et al., that conservative republicans repeat ad nauseam but only care about when they aren't in power, or want to demagogue the issue.
LULZ

(the only thing about "state's rights," though, is that wasn't it also a dog whistle for the longest time for folks opposed to things like civil rights?)
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Feral wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:10 am
TDub wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:35 am Ah good here comes the Calvary. Suprised it wasnt a super informative meme.

This is why Trump in office sucks. Everything has to become political and republican vs democrat. Im not a republican, im not a democrat. Noone is allowed to make any sort of stance or observatiom without being categorized as wholeheartedly on one side of the line or the other. Those lines have become so extreme to the right and the left that its insane.
Thing is it absolutely isnt about me. Its about anyone who has an individual opinion and doesnt adhere to the "group think" statute demanded by both sides. Individual opinions are attacked by the party warriors of the extreme left and right. It happens here, it happens on that devil platform of facebook, it happens across all platforms and its a dangerous mentality that has only increased in its rabidness in the oast 2 years. Trump has made the right worse and given the extreme left fodder to create a rallying cry and justify their extremeness on the opposite side.

I'll bow out now. You are all right, I'm just a simple man whose opinions are wrong and unworthy. Carry on.
Just Ledoux it
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

TDub going to get banned! You must kowtow to the board masters.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

TDub wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:04 am
Feral wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:10 am

Thing is it absolutely isnt about me.
^^^

I have nearly no idea what you think about anything but a potential texting tax in California, which makes my point that my post wasn't about you.
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

imzcount wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:18 am TDub going to get banned! You must kowtow to the board masters.
snowflake
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

imzcount wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:18 am TDub going to get banned! You must kowtow to the board masters.
Hey look! Kill the Fatted Calf, the prodigal asshole is back.

And just in time to play the victim card!
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:59 am
Feral wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:29 am Let's add "states rights" to the endless list of vacuous slogans masquerading as principles, like "fiscal responsibility", "family values", "law and order party", et al., that conservative republicans repeat ad nauseam but only care about when they aren't in power, or want to demagogue the issue.
I think California should do whatever it wants. I think it's weird that Californians (and their supporters) are now Calhoun-ists. But that's fine by me.
I don't think that the initiatives that we pass in California with the intention to better our lives are Calhoun-ist by any stretch of the imagination. They are stand alone initiatives which we believe will help, in the long term, better our standard of living. We tax ourselves to help fix our aging infrastructre. California led the nation in controlling automobile emissions, which them became a national standard.

Feral's point is that the ones who fault California for doing its thing are the same ones who demagogue various issues, including States Rights, but don't extend the same principles when it is inconvenient (such as the "family values" crowd voting for a confessed sex-assaulter for president).

But you know all that.........
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Yeah, Mr. X lives in (where the fuck ever).

He absolutely hates (insert state here).

The entire population of (insert state here) are idiots.

Dumb. (with the obvious exception of Missouri)
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

California(sinking) Dem. Rep. Lieu opens his mouth, then regrets it. lol

https://freebeacon.com/politics/lieu-bl ... -comments/

Now he knows how conservatives feel when they get smeared with fake news opinions.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

dolomite wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:49 am California(sinking)
Those Trump tweets are being contagious.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

What is California’s budget situation? Surplus or deficit?
Deleted User 62

9 billion surplus
Deleted User 62

"This budget is a milestone," Brown said. "When I took office way back in 2011, California was facing a real financial mess — a deficit of $27 billion."
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Kind of difficult to argue with that.
Don't inject Lysol.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:16 pm "This budget is a milestone," Brown said. "When I took office way back in 2011, California was facing a real financial mess — a deficit of $27 billion."
Now with all that surplus why don't they pick up the feces in San Francisco or better yet maybe build some public toilets.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

You are such a pussy. You just got your assed kicked with one simple question. Go away.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Leawood wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:24 pm You are such a pussy. You just got your assed kicked with one simple question. Go away.
potd
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 62

dolomite wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:38 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:16 pm "This budget is a milestone," Brown said. "When I took office way back in 2011, California was facing a real financial mess — a deficit of $27 billion."
Now with all that surplus why don't they pick up the feces in San Francisco or better yet maybe build some public toilets.
I assume they are awaiting the "draining of the swamp".

How is Cheddar Mussolini coming along with that project?