California gets what they voted for

Ugh.
Deleted User 62

Re: California gets what they voted for

Post by Deleted User 62 »

As a part time California resident, let me chime in.

It isn't expensive because it sucks.

Folks paying $400 a night aren't Californians.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Good. Keep it. And tell all the californians to stay there too. Ha.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 62

Funny, people who don't live in states that are pretty great to live in sure talk a lot of shit about those places.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

California, driving the US economy for the last hundred years.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

5th largest economy in the world.
Retiring there in 5 years, can't wait
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:35 pm Funny, people who don't live in states that are pretty great to live in sure talk a lot of shit about those places.
fuck texas ;)
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:49 pm Because california is part of America. They try to present themselves as the standard bearer for the whole country and impose their ideals and choices on the rest of us. I'd rather not set the precedent that a communistic approach to governing is acceptable or desired. Additionally, the cell phone companies are national, not california specific and once they find that people will pay more they will push their agenda as the national standard. Prices will increase regardless of tax laws in each state.

I didnt say i was against all taxes. This particular tax is ridiculous. Phones are not a neccesity and we do not need to subsidize them.

The holy than thou attitude is what everyone hates about Californians and it is on display. Not unlike the Texans that we all like to watch ousdahl ridicule.
Er, wut? It is the state considering charging additional taxes, not the cell phone companies considering raising rates. And last I checked, the cell phone companies were raising their rates all the time and those decisions to constantly hike rates have not been tied to whether or not users in some state approve a tax hike. They are tied to the fact that we all use our phones a ton and phone companies are in business to make money off of that.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:49 pm

I didnt say i was against all taxes. This particular tax is ridiculous. Phones are not a neccesity and we do not need to subsidize them.

I hope you never need to call 911.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 62

State applies a tax.
Population of nearly 40 million people.

Pretty sure most Californians won't be crippled by $2 added to their phone bill.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Are you?

Nearly 1/5th of them live in poverty.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 62

Any link to how many of that 1/5th have or want a phone?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Ah. I get it. The poors don't need phones. Good take.
Deleted User 62

You aren't stupid, why do you sometimes pretend to be?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Says the guy using Heritage Foundation arguments about poverty...
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Let's add "states rights" to the endless list of vacuous slogans masquerading as principles, like "fiscal responsibility", "family values", "law and order party", et al., that conservative republicans repeat ad nauseam but only care about when they aren't in power, or want to demagogue the issue.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Ah good here comes the Calvary. Suprised it wasnt a super informative meme.

This is why Trump in office sucks. Everything has to become political and republican vs democrat. Im not a republican, im not a democrat. Noone is allowed to make any sort of stance or observatiom without being categorized as wholeheartedly on one side of the line or the other. Those lines have become so extreme to the right and the left that its insane.
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:29 am Let's add "states rights" to the endless list of vacuous slogans masquerading as principles, like "fiscal responsibility", "family values", "law and order party", et al., that conservative republicans repeat ad nauseam but only care about when they aren't in power, or want to demagogue the issue.
I think California should do whatever it wants. I think it's weird that Californians (and their supporters) are now Calhoun-ists. But that's fine by me.

O'course, no one here suggested that the federal government should step in and stop California, so your point is...well...silly, at best. But you be you.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

It's been awhile since I've been to San Francisco, but it was staggering to see the homeless population there. A good friend works there and says it's not uncommon to walk two blocks between extreme wealth and extreme poverty.

Lots of people and companies are moving out - to places like Seattle and Portland. I would think this bodes well for the economies of Washington and Oregon.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I don't know about you guys but I'd rather be homeless in California than North Dakota.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

chiknbut wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:01 am It's been awhile since I've been to San Francisco, but it was staggering to see the homeless population there. A good friend works there and says it's not uncommon to walk two blocks between extreme wealth and extreme poverty.

Lots of people and companies are moving out - to places like Seattle and Portland. I would think this bodes well for the economies of Washington and Oregon.
Paradise.