who ya got?

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Re: who ya got?

Post by dolomite »

Money knows no home. Both billionaires.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

dolomite wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 11:08 pm Money knows no home. Both billionaires.
See what I mean?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Ow.
Don't inject Lysol.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

He's a jerk for sure. So he should be fairly easy to overturn in 2020.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Mayor Pete Buttigieg rips Trump for possible pardons of war criminals.
Trump's "idea that being sent to fight makes you automatically into some sort of war criminal is a slander against veterans that could only come from someone who never served," he added.

Democratic presidential contender Pete Buttigieg ripped President Donald Trump for considering whether to pardon convicted and alleged war criminals.

In an interview with ABC's "This Week" that aired Sunday, Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana, who is also an Afghanistan War veteran, said "one of the things that protects our troops morally and physically is the knowledge that if anybody in uniform does commit a crime, they will be held accountable by military justice."

“For a president, especially a president who never served, to say he’s going to come in and overrule that system of military justice undermines the very foundations, legal and moral, of this country," he added.

On Friday, amid reports that Trump could issue such pardons over Memorial Day weekend, the president told reporters at the White House that he hasn't "made any decisions yet."

"There’s two or three of them right now," he said. "It’s a little bit controversial. It’s very possible that I’ll let the trials go on, and I’ll make my decision after the trial."

"Some of these soldiers are people that have fought hard and long," Trump added. "You know, we teach them how to be great fighters, and then when they fight, sometimes they get really treated very unfairly."

Buttigieg lambasted the latter remark, saying: "The idea that being sent to war turns you into a murderer is exactly the kind of thing that those of us who have served have been trying to beat back for more than a generation."

"Frankly, [Trump’s] idea that being sent to fight makes you automatically into some sort of war criminal is a slander against veterans that could only come from someone who never served," he added.

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Democrats aim not-so-friendly fire at Trump over military deferments

President Trump, who has touted himself as an unmatched ally of military veterans, is facing pointed new attacks from Democratic presidential candidates who question his medical deferment from service in Vietnam — and, in turn, his patriotism and integrity.

Leading the assault are two military veterans: South Bend, Ind., Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Rep. Seth Moulton (D-Mass.). They have offered searing assessments of Trump, accusing the president of faking a disability and forcing another American of Trump’s generation to risk his life in the jungles of Southeast Asia.

Trump, who had been traveling in Japan, has not yet responded to either Democrat, but he has long defended his deferments as legitimate. More broadly, he portrays himself as a vigorous friend to the military, pushing for a buildup of the armed forces, praising military leaders, reaching out to veterans and promising to avoid misguided wars.

But the questioning of the 1968 diagnosis of bone spurs in his heels presents a challenge for a commander in chief who has tapped generals for his Cabinet and asked the Pentagon to plan a parade celebrating the military. It could test whether the president’s political coalition, which includes many military families, can be cracked.

“I don’t think that lying to get out of serving your country is patriotic. It’s not like there was just some empty seat in Vietnam. Someone had to go in his place,” Moulton said Sunday on MSNBC. “I’d like to meet the American hero who went in Donald Trump’s place to Vietnam. I hope he’s still alive.”

Buttigieg, speaking at a Washington Post Live event last week, said of Trump, “This is somebody who, I think it’s fairly obvious to most of us, took advantage of the fact that he was a child of a multimillionaire in order to pretend to be disabled so that somebody could go to war in his place.”

Buttigieg, 37, then made an overture to Republicans to reconsider their support of Trump, saying he was “old enough to remember when conservatives talked about character as something that mattered in the presidency.”

[...]
Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Went to a funeral today where there was a color guard that presented a flag to the family. The children of the deceased both spoke and told funny stories, just as I did at my husband's memorial service last year. But when the young cadets walked in with the flag and went through the presentation ritual, I don't think there was a dry eye in the audience.

The whole bit about putting banners over the name John McCain and giving sailors the day off so that the prez wouldn't have to see the name, John McCain....its difficult to even come up with a term to indicate how disrespectful and disgusting that is.
Don't inject Lysol.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Well we know trump is only actually patriotic at his rallies to stir up his voter base. Even the most stoic trump supporters would admit that McCain is 10 times more "real life" patriotic than trump.
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:33 pm Well we know trump is only actually patriotic at his rallies to stir up his voter base. Even the most stoic trump supporters would admit that McCain is 10 times more "real life" patriotic than trump.
The same trump supporters that call John McCain "songbird"?
Defense. Rebounds.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Kirsten Gillibrand hits the bull’s eye

For starters, host Chris Wallace was out of line. Suggesting that it was not “polite” to speak factually about the misrepresentations his network engages in was both condescending and telling. Fox News expects to gain credibility by inviting Democratic candidates on its network for town halls (and to make the case that it really deserves to host a debate), but its demand that candidates not speak ill of Fox — and play along with the ruse that it is a real, unbiased network — is precisely why some candidates have chosen to stay away.

Gillibrand handled the situation adeptly, plowing ahead with her critique and bringing the data to back it up. It was arguably her best moment of the campaign. In the same appearance, she got a smile out of Wallace when he interjected to ask whether men should also “get a seat at the table.” She shot back: “They’re already there! Do you not know?” Game, set and match...

https://twitter.com/SenGillibrand/statu ... 4739623936
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Interesting...

my dad is one of those types who identifies as a conservative, though on a practical level he's more moderate about many issues, such as abortion, when he's usually tended more toward the "if you don't want one don't get one" mindset, and even has said that he thinks the Church gets too caught up about it.

but anyway, so the other day I asked him what he thought of all the new abortion laws across the country, and he jumped into some rant about infanticide. Now I know where he got it from.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

ousdahl wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:52 am Interesting...

my dad is one of those types who identifies as a conservative, though on a practical level he's more moderate about many issues, such as abortion, when he's usually tended more toward the "if you don't want one don't get one" mindset, and even has said that he thinks the Church gets too caught up about it.

but anyway, so the other day I asked him what he thought of all the new abortion laws across the country, and he jumped into some rant about infanticide. Now I know where he got it from.
"infanticide" is the new "welfare queen".
Anand Giridharadas
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Feral wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:00 pm Mayor Pete Buttigieg rips Trump for possible pardons of war criminals.
Trump's "idea that being sent to fight makes you automatically into some sort of war criminal is a slander against veterans that could only come from someone who never served," he added.

Democratic presidential contender Pete Buttigieg ripped President Donald Trump for considering whether to pardon convicted and alleged war criminals.

On Friday, amid reports that Trump could issue such pardons over Memorial Day weekend, the president told reporters at the White House that he hasn't "made any decisions yet."

[...]
Wonder how Buttigieg feels about Nixon's pardon from President Ford. Would he have wanted Nixon to die in prison?
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Where did you serve?
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 62

dolomite wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:28 am
Feral wrote: Sun May 26, 2019 10:00 pm Mayor Pete Buttigieg rips Trump for possible pardons of war criminals.

[...]
Wonder how Buttigieg feels about Nixon's pardon from President Ford. Would he have wanted Nixon to die in prison?
If he is convicted of crimes, he should do time.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:15 pm

[...]
Maybe some time off for "good behavior".....
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

[...]
Now do you actually believe the Donald can be rehabilitated?
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

dolomite wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:34 pm
Do you ever stop to read your own bullshit?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:11 pm
dolomite wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:34 pm

Do you ever stop to read your own bullshit?
Stop answering a question with a ?.
Taylor Sheridan