who ya got?

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: who ya got?

Post by DCHawk1 »

zsn wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:09 pm You’ll really vote for Biden??
Fine. Let's say it's Kasich vs. Eric "I'm actually dumber than Trump" Swalwell. Or Kamala Harris. Or Spartacus.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Running mate will matter.

Pence has as much to do with getting Numbnuts into the White House as anything else
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I will never vote for Kasich on pure principle.

Those fucking shoes...
Deleted User 62

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:41 pm I will never vote for Kasich on pure principle.

Those fucking shoes...
Like a dorky uncle
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:05 pm
Mjl wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:40 pm If there was ever a year that a centrist independent could win, it's 2020.

Kasich would have my vote.
Let's say it comes down to Biden vs. Kasich?

You're really gonna vote for Kasich?
With Biden it may depend on the veep candidate given his age.
Straight up Biden vs Kasich? I don't know. Probably Kasich.
I don't think Biden has a shot in the primary. Democrats hungry for a new face I think - someone closer to Bernie, but not necessarily Bernie.

That's why I think it's a good year for a centrist independent. If Biden is on top of the ballot, that's different.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:41 pm I will never vote for Kasich on pure principle.

Those fucking shoes...
I get it... but seriously, would you?
Deleted User 62

Mjl wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:19 pm

Over Trump......I would

Those fucking shoes...
I get it... but seriously, would you?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

100 years ago, I knew Kasich a little bit. Back then he was a conservative. He was Paul Ryan before Paul Ryan was Paul Ryan. Now he defines himself purely in terms of Not-Trump. That's intellectually lazy, not to mention electorally unattractive.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I have no problem with Kasich's shoes. They are Lutheran minister shoes when you are on your feet all day.

I want someone to study Dwight Eisenhower. We need a guy like that.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mattis should run, just for the campaign slogan (which, unfortunately, did not originate with me):

"Mad Dog 2020"
Deleted User 62

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:41 pm 100 years ago, I knew Kasich a little bit. Back then he was a conservative. He was Paul Ryan before Paul Ryan was Paul Ryan. Now he defines himself purely in terms of Not-Trump. That's intellectually lazy, not to mention electorally unattractive.
Sounds like he would appeal to about 60% of voters then.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

No.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:15 pm Mattis should run, just for the campaign slogan (which, unfortunately, did not originate with me):

"Mad Dog 2020"
Brilliant
Just Ledoux it
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

While Kasich benefits from being the least impaired of the inmates in the asylum that passes for the republican party, don't kid yourself.

John Kasich On the issues>>

On Abortion: Cut $1.3M in funding for discredited Planned Parenthood

Kasich claimed that he would find it "absolutely unacceptable" for women to be unable to access reproductive health care: "Women's health is very important to us, and we're not cutting the funding," Kasich said when an audience member prompted him to speak about the services Planned Parenthood offers beyond abortion. "But that's an organization that has largely discredited itself, but that doesn't mean we can have you not being able to get the help that you need as a woman. I mean that would be absolutely unacceptable, and we're not going to do that in our state.

But when Kasich signed a bill in February cutting $1.3 million in funding to Planned Parenthood, he did not cut funds for abortion care; those services are not covered by state money. Instead, he slashed funds for the organization's sexually transmitted infection testing, and mother and newborn care, and anti-domestic violence programs.

Source: Rewire.com FactCheck on 2018 Ohio Gubernatorial race Mar 30, 2016
_________________________________________________________________________________

Under Gov. John Kasich (R), countless people in Ohio have lost access to all forms of reproductive health care. But Kasich signed a bill cutting $1.3 million in funding to Planned Parenthood. The cuts [did not target abortion programs, but general health programs], and also targeted Planned Parenthood's infant mortality program--an issue Kasich falsely claimed to have addressed.

Kasich has used his tenure as governor to relentlessly attack women's health on multiple fronts. Kasich's aides drafted restrictive anti-abortion language in Ohio's 2013 budget, requiring licensing regulations for clinics. This led to the closure of half of the state's outpatient abortion clinics. The bill also contained provisions mandating ultrasounds for abortions, blocking funding for rape crisis centers that provide information about abortion, and "re-prioritizing" family planning funds away from Planned Parenthood to crisis pregnancy centers, which routinely lie to patients.

Source: Rewire.com FactCheck on 2018 Ohio Gubernatorial race Mar 30, 2016
________________________________________________________________________________

John Kasich: Supports Keystone XL, clean coal; and "smart grid"

John Kasich believes that Americans need an energy policy that encourages more energy production from a broad base of sources.

Keep Energy Affordable And Reliable by Pursuing All Sources of Energy: Diversifying our energy supply is the best strategy for economic growth.

Achieve Energy Independence: Sourcing all our energy from North America and eliminating our reliance on overseas energy makes America safer and stronger. John Kasich will approve the Keystone XL pipeline to help make this happen.

Encourage Research In New Technologies: Both the economy and environment benefit from technological breakthroughs. High-capacity, long-life batteries; fuel cells; the high-efficiency "smart" electricity grid; clean coal and other technologies can help improve the environment, increase efficiency & conserve energy. Unreasonable barriers to their development should be identified and removed to help make them a reality.

Source: 2018 Ohio gubernatorial campaign website JohnKasich.com Dec 27, 2017
___________________________________________________________________________________

John Kasich: Open more federal lands to oil and natural gas exploration

John Kasich called for opening more federal lands to oil and natural gas exploration; research into cleaner coal, smart grid, battery, and other technologies; and letting states regulate hydraulic fracturing, or "fracking," operations at home.

He said he would end the ban on exporting domestic oil and gas and would end President Obama's proposed, stricter regulations on carbon emissions from coal and other fossil fuel power plants.

Source: Toledo Blade on 2018 Ohio Gubernatorial race Oct 20, 2015
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Lgtm.

Unsure about the planned parenthood part - I've never been quite sure what distinguishes them from other charities that provide things that are essential. If it's actually a matter of health it should be covered by medicaid/Obamacare-subsidies.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

There is no universe where I would vote for Kasich in a general election. However, I can’t see how Trump would be a better choice in the next primary, especially after we’ve seen the on-the-job-performance.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Of all the Democratic presidential hopefuls,who can best Donald Trump in a debate? Nobody.
Who is the stronger negotiator internationally. Answer- Donald Trump.
Who do you want negotiating trade deals with Canada,Mexico,China. Answer - Donald Trump.
Who would you rather have discussing with Kim Jung UN about a nuclear free Korean peninsula? Hilldawg (what a laugh) or Donald Trump? Easy answer- Donald Trump.
Kim used his New Year's speech a year ago to initiate diplomacy with Seoul and Washington, which led to his meetings with Moon and a historic June summit with Trump. In his meetings with Moon and Trump, Kim signed on to statements calling for a nuclear-free Korean Peninsula. https://www.foxnews.com/world/kim-jong- ... ea-in-2019
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:28 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:05 pm
Mjl wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:40 pm If there was ever a year that a centrist independent could win, it's 2020.

Kasich would have my vote.
Let's say it comes down to Biden vs. Kasich?

You're really gonna vote for Kasich?
I probably would
Same
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Mjl wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:49 pm Lgtm.

Unsure about the planned parenthood part - I've never been quite sure what distinguishes them from other charities that provide things that are essential. If it's actually a matter of health it should be covered by medicaid/Obamacare-subsidies.
One in five women in the country will visit Planned Parenthood during their lives. They provide services in a lot of communities where there is no other provider for the type of women's healthcare they offer.
Don't inject Lysol.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

seahawk wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:57 am
Mjl wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:49 pm Lgtm.

One in five women in the country will visit Planned Parenthood during their lives. They provide services in a lot of communities where there is no other provider for the type of women's healthcare they offer.
And we all know what the GOP thinks of women in those types of communities.