Government Shut-Down Thread

Ugh.
Deleted User 62

Re: Government Shut-Down Thread

Post by Deleted User 62 »

dolomite wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:56 am
Though it's unclear the extent of damage inside the park, photos have shown graffiti and felled Joshua trees. Three hundred years to recover, and they say Trump has an issue with hyperbole.
What is clear is that, like a good many things, you have no idea how fragile the desert is.

I assume you have gotten as close to it as your TV will.allow.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Every Representative from a district that borders Mexico is opposed to more wall.
Maybe we should listen to them.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

So are the majority of people who own land on the border.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:16 pm
Though it's unclear the extent of damage inside the park, photos have shown graffiti and felled Joshua trees. Three hundred years to recover, and they say Trump has an issue with hyperbole.
What is clear is that, like a good many things, you have no idea how fragile the desert is.

FYI, I live in the Arizona desert.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

dolomite wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:05 pm

the two things aren’t mutually exclusive
Deleted User 62

So, you know that compromising the top crust introduces potential bacteria (or removes essential bacteria) to the food supply that can cause the death of existing plants as well as prevent reproduction.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

And I live in Nebraska. That doesn't mean I know anything about cornfields.
Deleted User 62

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:42 am

So, you know that compromising the top crust introduces potential bacteria (or removes essential bacteria) to the food supply that can cause the death of existing plants as well as prevent reproduction.
Fucking crickets......
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

twocoach wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:02 pm

And I live in Nebraska. That doesn't mean I know anything about cornfields.
That is sad.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:37 pm
Wow, that so was caused by the government shutdown? Amazing!
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

dolomite wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:44 pm

I know you are little more than a troll, but I will play along.

My responses were to this stupid thing that you said:

"Though it's unclear the extent of damage inside the park, photos have shown graffiti and felled Joshua trees. Three hundred years to recover, and they say Trump has an issue with hyperbole."
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:52 pm

"Though it's unclear the extent of damage inside the park, photos have shown graffiti and felled Joshua trees. Three hundred years to recover, and they say Trump has an issue with hyperbole."
troll
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

dolomite wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:07 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:52 pm

troll
Funny coming from you.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

Ha, no idea if true but I heard if we shutdown again they would lift ban on interns traveling to help staff politicals. At least someone might benefit from this nonsense.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

RussianHawk wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:48 pm Ha, no idea if true but I heard if we shutdown again they would lift ban on interns traveling to help staff politicals. At least someone might benefit from this nonsense.
Nothing like turning politicians loose on their interns while traveling.What could go wrong there?
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

LOL saw that. Made me roll me eyes.

Millions of American children living in poverty and our political leaders seem more concerned about the illegals at times. Both wanting to stop them and wanting to let them in. Seems like we've got bigger issues to focus our time and resources on....although I am fully behind increasing border security and improving the legal immigration systems.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Obama's declared national emergencies were moves to punish and block terrorism and the countries that support them and was not in response to failed attempts to pass actions through congress.

Trump's national emergency is to steal money from other portions of the government to buy votes because he couldn't bully Congress into giving him the billions of dollars his promises on the campaign trail would cost.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

His point is that pushing harmless crossers of the border out into the desert, where the dangerous crossers of the border will cross no matter the barrier, just leads to death, despair.

If we spent the money to make it so that harmless crossers of the border could come to urban areas, cross at designated points and utilize better policies and procedures to allow migrant workers to come and go and to quickly process asylum seekers and hear their cases in an expedient manner, it would be a much better use of the money.

The Wall will never stop the flow of people. The flow of people will not end until the nations south of us are no longer filled with violence, gangs and drug lords and instead have stable economies that allow people to live a functional life with no need to come to America for "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness". The Wall only forces desperate people to work with illegal coyotes, which increases the strength and power of illegal crime networks south of our border. Which just increases the desire to leave there and come here. A never ending cycle that this wall will just make worse.

To reduce a problem we are creating an environment that makes it worse for everyone involved. And in order to do it, thousands of acres of land has to be forcibly stolen from their American owners and billions of dollars now has to be taken from other areas of our government that now cannot be spent on more useful ventures.