Government Shut-Down Thread

Ugh.
Geezer

Re: Government Shut-Down Thread

Post by Geezer »

Trump has a problem with constantly lying.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:02 am Trump has a problem with constantly lying.
Indeed he does.

So do the majority of our elected politicians.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

dolomite wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:56 am
Though it's unclear the extent of damage inside the park, photos have shown graffiti and felled Joshua trees. Three hundred years to recover, and they say Trump has an issue with hyperbole.
Fucking shame. Joshua Tree is one of the most amazing places I have ever been.
The wife and I were just there in September.

Sickens me to read this.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:01 am idiot

http://www.flowersociety.org/JT_Botanical.htm
lib name caller
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:56 am
Though it's unclear the extent of damage inside the park, photos have shown graffiti and felled Joshua trees. Three hundred years to recover, and they say Trump has an issue with hyperbole.
Hyperbole? I get that science is confusing for some and ignored by others but you do understand that scientists are acutely aware of how old existing trees there are and how long it would take damaged trees to be replaced, right? This isn't just closing your eyes and praying that God will fix it all.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:29 am
Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:02 am Trump has a problem with constantly lying.
Indeed he does.

NO
The frequency, the depth and the implications of Trump's lies are not like anyone else's.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:18 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:29 am
Indeed he does.

NO
The frequency, the depth and the implications of Trump's lies are not like anyone else's.
Respectfully disagree.

He's just not as savvy at lying or covering up his lies as other politicians.

The frequency with which he lies about stupid things that don't need to be lied about and are easily proven as lies IS unlike anything I've ever seen. I'll give you that part for sure.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Sick of the both sides do it defense, simply not true.
If you are naive enough to swallow that bullshit, you'll buy the women duct taped and raped fantasy that Trump pushes.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

The lame bothsiderism arguments just help justify it. No more, no less.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

The question is, how has Trump affected your daily lives? Mine, not at all. Yours, I suppose if your blood pressure rises when you watch the news programs. Solution: don't watch.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 75

Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:39 am Sick of the both sides do it defense, simply not true.
If you are naive enough to swallow that bullshit, you'll buy the women duct taped and raped fantasy that Trump pushes.
Hillary is super honest. She'd never lie to the American people or try to cover up her lies.

LOL

Its funny you're sick of both sides do it defense, but then the left does the "both sides do it" defense for various things and it's okay because you agree with their agenda/narrative.

The both sides do it defense isn't exclusive to people on the right. Both sides do it.

;-)
Deleted User 75

dolomite wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:28 am The question is, how has Trump affected your daily lives? Mine, not at all. Yours, I suppose if your blood pressure rises when you watch the news programs. Solution: don't watch.
He hasn't impacted mine much at all.

But I'll still be glad when his run is over and we have someone new in is position.
Deleted User 62

If you seriously cannot fathom the extent that Trump is impacting your life....now....more importantly in the future.

Then are quite simply a fucking idiot. Nothing was going to help you.
Deleted User 75

Holy fuck plano. This is epic. You're melting down in 5 threads at once!

You been slurping down those shiner bocks fast tonight? Calm down old man. This ain't worth it
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:51 pm If you seriously cannot fathom the extent that Trump is impacting your life....now....more importantly in the future.

Then are quite simply a fucking idiot. Nothing was going to help you.
When the bill comes due on all this shit, they'll blame it on the nearest Dem. They're as predictable as the sunrise. Screaming for smaller government in one thread. Screaming "what's the big deal, $5.7 billion is just a drop in the bucket" in another.
Last edited by twocoach on Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deleted User 62

Hard to troll these waters...isn't it?
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

I was told by someone last night that an agreement is basically in place that will increase POE and other border security and give money for an additional 30 miles of low height "Normandy Fencing" ---- this was from a republican lobbyist. I can't imagine Trump signs it

**Forgot supposed to be announced Friday. This guy also said no fucking way there is a shutdown back in December.
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

twocoach wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:55 am

"Security deniers". That's a new one in this context. Too funny. If the barrier was the most important part then the multiple billions of dollars already spent to upgrade the barriers since 2006 would have done what they were claimed to do. I am a "I'll believe it when I see it" kind of person and there really isn't any evidence to support your (and Trump's) claim. We've tried that already, multiple times and it didn't work. Time to modernize.
Yeah, they tried so hard, didn’t they? Photo at top of article:
htpps://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/border-ins ... me-n106711

Photo at top of article:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/na ... story.html

Scroll down to photo and caption just above section of article entitled “No Man’s Land.”
https://www.drovers.com/article/arizona ... r-security
Last edited by kubandalum on Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
kubandalum

Post by kubandalum »

“When you think of the good old days, think one word: dentistry.” — P.J. O’Rourke
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

Crenshaw's biggest gift was the SNL skit - he's not good at politics yet, and is trying way too hard.