Today in "so much winning"!

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Today in "so much winning"!

Post by DCHawk1 »

In order to understand the frustration and outrage, you need only look at the initial media reports.

They were so wildly inaccurate and so poorly investigated, with the specific goal being to bolster a worldview and a narrative. It didn't matter who or what got hurt in the process. And as always, the truth was the first casualty. No it's a competition between narratives, with most people believing that any concession is a full-blown admission that the "bad guys" should win -- whether you define bad guys as the kids, the media, the BHIs or me.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:06 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:49 pm
Geezer wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:44 pm I love being patronized.
You are still an asshole.
Keep going.

You're winning.

Really.
You are definitely helping him along.
From you -- the Illy of the Left -- I'll take that for what it's worth.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Great Zinger.

High praise, since you seem to keep Illy perched on your tit.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Well argued.

As always.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:04 pm They're ALL dickheads.

The question we have to ask ourselves as a society is whether being a dickhead is reason enough to unleash the 2-minute hate upon minors.
This is exactly correct and either depressing, infuriating, or both.

Everyone acted like an asshole here. It's seemingly human nature. Now it's just publicized with the spin of people with agendas.

The depressing part is I don't see a path for the general public to be able to understand this anytime in the foreseeable future.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

maybe it’s just me, but i don’t think Phillips acted like an asshole

and, it’s been mentioned (though not talked about enough), but where were the adult chaperones in all of this?

if the kids get a pass cuz they’re just kids being kids, then at least done onus should fall on the adults that were responsible for them

jmo, but with everything i’ve read and seen, it seems to that while the original reports mischaracterized the situation/s, they by no means changed the perception that these were entitled little shits that shouldn’t have been in the middle of this in the first place. and sorry, but wearing maga hats in that sort of environment is asking for confrontation, right or wrong
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Someone who agrees that they were "entitled little shits..."

As a (retired) soccer referee, I dreaded officiating matches where Covington Catholic was involved. The fans were always among the rudest, most disrespectful, and mean-spirited that I've encountered--and I've refereed for a long time at almost every level of the game!
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1087 ... Cb7bxBEk3I

It shouldn't seem surprising to anyone that teenage boys acted like jerks. Tradition seems to ask the correct question in where were the chaperones?

But perhaps we should be asking why the president and all leaders, secular and religious, aren't mounting a national campaign to reduce the threats of violence to anyone who becomes a public figure through social media exposure.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 89

because without the divisiveness, they (at least drumpf) would loose some power
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:22 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:03 pm Maybe, the kid is a privileged, arrogant prick.
How weird, though, to take such enjoyment in the identification of a 17 year-old as an "arrogant prick."
The irony in your post is that I find it "weird" some people decide to spend their "free time" on here and I can't figure out if they realize that it comes off to others that they "take such enjoyment" in persistently insulting people who they disagree with on this site.
I don't really care to judge Nick Sandmann anymore but if someone asked me my opinion at this moment how I feel about him - I would say I think the kid COMES OFF as being both an "arrogant prick" and after watching an interview of him - a timid fucking robotic (possibly heavily medicated) pussy.
Meanwhile, he may be a terrific kid. I hope he is for his sake and the world's sake.
MAGA!
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Can we let this go?
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

Great question 99! Wouldn't it be nice and yet it seems it will never be let go because we will always have "division" in this country - to extremes that I just can't fathom.
Deleted User 89

i did not write that...promise
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Lady on CNN last night said MAGA hats trigger her and therefore people shouldn't be allowed to wear them, and if they do then they are racists.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Out of respect to 99 I’ll try to refrain from beating the dead horse that is this particular incident with the Catholic keeds.

Out of respect to the civil rights movement I’ll mention we still have a lot of work and a lot of dialogue before the nation as a whole is ever gonna “let this go.”
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:52 am Lady on CNN last night said MAGA hats trigger her and therefore people shouldn't be allowed to wear them, and if they do then they are racists.
At face value, the MAGA hats represent a rather extreme and controversial political agenda. To wear it out in the open is inviting extreme and controversial reactions, though I suppose that’s a first amendment thing, both ways.

But, as I’ve already asked, to what degree can a MAGA hat, and chanting “build the wall,” be interpreted as racist messaging in itself? Can you separate one from the other?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Funny, people in "pussy hats" making rude comments about people in MAGA hats....and vice versa.

Both hats are worn mostly to get a rise out of someone.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:31 am Funny, people in "pussy hats" making rude comments about people in MAGA hats....and vice versa.

Both hats are worn mostly to get a rise out of someone.
Yes but females in "pussy hat" works for me. A rise that is.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

This is dumb. It is over when we stop talking about it. Lets move on.

Pelosi just cancelled the State of the Union address by stating that she will not pass the required resolution to hold the State of the Union in the House chambers "because the government is closed".
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Why did she have to do another #bossmove if her original #bossmove was so #bossy?