Cohen Testimony

Ugh.
Deleted User 75

Re: Cohen Testimony

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Gutter wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:34 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:53 pm
seahawk wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:40 pm Dolomite don't believe no black folks should have no rights, chikn.
You know that snarky remark is wildly racist?

Was that you trying to "sound black" (which isn't a real thing) by saying NO black folks should have NO rights? Because that's sure how it seemed. And that's offensive and racist. You should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

You never speak like that in other posts....so why there? Why intentional poor grammar?

Another clueless white liberal unaware of their own bias and racism/bigotry.
Interesting that you choose to interpret Sea's post in that manner. Why would you assume that and not assume Sea was imitating a poorly educated clueless WHITE conservative Trump supporter?
mainly because I've never seen dolomite use that type of poor grammar before....and as far as I know dolomite isn't poorly educated.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I admit my confusion. dolomite or Sea?
Deleted User 75

Gutter wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:56 am I admit my confusion. dolomite or Sea?
Dolomite doesn't use that grammar.

Neither does seahorse.

But Seahawk chose to use it in a post where she's talking about black "folks" rights. It was cringe worthy.

She's older so I'm sure it wasn't mean spirited.. sometimes older people don't realize when they're being racist.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Trying a bit too hard here, doncha think?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Geezer wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:00 pm You are as bad at this as you are at basketball.
You mean playing the game or guessing the score?
Actually Illy and I are in the top ten.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 75

See dolomites grammar there....normal grammar.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:34 am See dolomites grammar there....normal grammar.
Which puts to rest the rumor that dolomite is Hawklin's/Tim's/Suckulous' sock.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:34 am See dolomites grammar there....normal grammar.
It's hit and miss with him.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

defixione wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:08 pm
"him"? You know you can offend people these days with those personal pronouns.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

seahawk wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:40 pm Dolomite don't believe no black folks should have no rights, chikn.

Was that you trying to "sound black" (which isn't a real thing) by saying NO black folks should have NO rights? Because that's sure how it seemed. And that's offensive and racist. You should be fucking ashamed of yourself.

You never speak like that in other posts....so why there? Why intentional poor grammar?

Interesting that you choose to interpret Sea's post in that manner. Why would you assume that and not assume Sea was imitating a poorly educated clueless WHITE conservative Trump supporter?
You got it right, Gutter. I was imitating the grammar of the poorly educated WHITE conservative Trump supporters that I've heard speaking about the need to keep the Confederate flag flying on the local courthouse grounds.

I sat behind black former school teachers at a meeting where these folks spoke, who were shaking their heads and saying in grammatically correct English that they'd taught these white conservatives in junior high school and how embarrassing it was that the white Trump supporters still couldn't speak correctly in adulthood.
Don't inject Lysol.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

seahawk wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:14 am

You got it right, Gutter. I was imitating the grammar of the poorly educated WHITE conservative Trump supporters that I've heard speaking about the need to keep the Confederate flag flying on the local courthouse grounds.

I sat behind black former school teachers at a meeting where these folks spoke, who were shaking their heads and saying in grammatically correct English that they'd taught these white conservatives in junior high school and how embarrassing it was that the white Trump supporters still couldn't speak correctly in adulthood.
These snowflakes will get offended by anything nowadays.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

illy is just too woke

lol
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Another thread melts down from Illy faux outrage? Shocking.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

chiknbut wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:27 am
seahawk wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:14 am

These snowflakes will get offended by anything nowadays.
I believe the correct term for seahawks post is called "mocking".

"Imitation may be the most sincere form of flattery, but to mock is to make fun of or mimic someone with contempt, ridicule or derision. ... The verb mock — as in the use that inspired the name of the mockingbird — can be simple imitation but, more often, to mock someone is to show disdain through mimicry or parody."
Taylor Sheridan
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

So when the male New Hampshire legislators "mocked" the Moms Demand Action activists by wearing pearl necklaces in a hearing about gun control--was that flattery or ridicule?

Because after all, what could be more amusing than making fun of moms who may have lost their children and would be trying to channel their grief into something positive?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 078579002/
Don't inject Lysol.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

seahawk wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:56 pm So when the male New Hampshire legislators "mocked" the Moms Demand Action activists by wearing pearl necklaces in a hearing about gun control--was that flattery or ridicule?

Because after all, what could be more amusing than making fun of moms who may have lost their children and would be trying to channel their grief into something positive?

Using "whataboutism" to wriggle out of your position? Can't change the fact that you were mocking.
Taylor Sheridan
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

dolomite wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:27 am
seahawk wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:56 pm So when the male New Hampshire legislators "mocked" the Moms Demand Action activists by wearing pearl necklaces in a hearing about gun control--was that flattery or ridicule?

Using "whataboutism" to wriggle out of your position? I never have to change my position, I'm okay with the Mocker in Chief.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

dolomite wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:14 am
Now you're pro PC?
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

defixione wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:41 am
dolomite wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:14 am

Now you're pro PC?
No, just mocking the PC'ers. I figure if Seahawk can mock black people's language, then I should be able to mock the less offensive PC'ers.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

dolo is just butt-hurt because Sea’s comments hit close to home