Booker

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Re: Booker

Post by dolomite »

US President Donald Trump said on Thursday that trade talks between US and Chinese negotiators are "going well"

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/01/ ... 54161.html

In a statement published by state news agency Xinhua, the Chinese delegation said the “frank, concrete, and constructive discussions have made important progress”.

Trump earlier hailed the “tremendous progress” he had seen from China towards reforming its laws on forced technology transfers and intellectual property protection, as well as an agreement for China to buy 5 million tonnes of US soybeans.

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/diploma ... -important
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

defixione wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:11 pm
dolomite wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:40 pm 1. They realize that Trump is not full of empty rhetoric (shit) when he speaks, he follows thru. For instance getting NATO countries to pitch in more $$$$ (they weren’t paying a fair share. He is serious about negotiating fairer trade with China;(who wouldn’t be dissatisfied with losing half a trillion $ every year( has to stop).
2. Not so much.
If foreign leaders don’t particularly like a tough stance from Trump then I can’t help that. We come first, no apologies.
Thanks for the questions.
Do you always root for the bullies when you watch a movie?
Of course not, silly goose. Only if they're the good guys.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

dolomite wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:40 pm 1. They realize that Trump is not full of empty rhetoric (shit) when he speaks, he follows thru. For instance getting NATO countries to pitch in more $$$$ (they weren’t paying a fair share. He is serious about negotiating fairer trade with China;(who wouldn’t be dissatisfied with losing half a trillion $ every year( has to stop).
2. Not so much.
If foreign leaders don’t particularly like a tough stance from Trump then I can’t help that. We come first, no apologies.
Are you saying the PRC is the good guy?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Booker has same problem as Hillary. Comes across as very forced and not authentic.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:39 pm
2. Not so much.
I was talking about bullies. Doly mentioned good guys.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

defixione wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:14 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:39 pm

I was talking about bullies. Doly mentioned good guys.
To his type, the bully IS the good guy.
As long as his bully claims to be winning, that is all it takes.

Of course, he can also claim to be winning while Nancy is elbow deep in his ass.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

dolomite wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:28 pm US President Donald Trump said on Thursday that trade talks between US and Chinese negotiators are "going well"

In a statement published by state news agency Xinhua, the Chinese delegation said the “frank, concrete, and constructive discussions have made important progress”.

Trump earlier hailed the “tremendous progress” he had seen from China towards reforming its laws on forced technology transfers and intellectual property protection, as well as an agreement for China to buy 5 million tonnes of US soybeans.

If all of this is true and it's followed through on - fantastic.
Problem I have is anytime I read "Donald Trump said", I know it's either a lie, something that helps him stroke himself, something he really has zero knowledge of - but pretends to - and usually embarrasses himself in the process, or childish criticism of someone and/or something else.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

dolomite wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:40 pm
If foreign leaders don’t particularly like a tough stance from Trump then I can’t help that.
Foreign leaders haven't noticed that Trump can't even stand up to one petite, older woman?

Seriously?
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Why on earth should it matter whether or not she's petite or that she's a woman?

Doesn't/wouldn't matter to me. I'd bet most here would say the same.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:03 am Why on earth should it matter whether or not she's petite or that she's a woman?

If you don't realize how much it matters on the world stage.....
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:44 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:03 am Why on earth should it matter whether or not she's petite or that she's a woman?

Then I wonder what they'd have thought of Hillary?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Isn't that what the conspiracy by Putin to elect Trump was about? His fear of Hillary?
Don't inject Lysol.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 11:44 am

And you do.

Got it.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

seahawk wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:50 pm Isn't that what the conspiracy by Putin to elect Trump was about? His fear of Hillary?
Got to be joking. Lulz
Last edited by dolomite on Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Taylor Sheridan
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

You mean Putin liked Hillary?
Don't inject Lysol.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

dolomite wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:28 pm US President Donald Trump said on Thursday that trade talks between US and Chinese negotiators are "going well"
He also said that Mexico would pay for The Wall, which he now wants the US taxpayer to pay for. And there were more people at his inauguration. And that he knows about situations in Syria and NK better than his heads of govt departments. And other demonstrably false statements (ie. LIES). So, it really doesn't matter what he says, does it? Except of course for those who are punch drunk on the Kool-Aid........
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

seahawk wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:50 pm Isn't that what the conspiracy by Putin to elect Trump was about? His fear of Hillary?
After thinking about it, yes, and over 60 million U.S. voters as well were in fear.
Taylor Sheridan
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

dolomite wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:50 pm
After thinking about it, yes, and over 60 million U.S. voters as well were in fear.
[/quote

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -attitudes
Last edited by defixione on Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

He's says a lot of things that turn out to be not the truth so I will simply believe it when I see it. Stealing from the West is an acceptable practice in China. It is expected. They can pass some flowery wording into law all they want but it doesn't mean anything if they don't do anything about it. Believing that they will change the primary business model of their nation is shamelessly naive and stupid.