Collusion

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Collusion

Post by dolomite »

theory dead? Believe it or not.
Yet, the simplest explanation still remains most likely, that the Trump campaign, like virtually every reporter and political operative in Washington, wanted to see the WikiLeaks material and any dirt on the Clintons, just as the Clinton campaign paid for any dirt on Trump. The Russian efforts to influence our elections also is neither novel nor new.

Indeed, the United States has engaged in hacking not just our enemies but our allies, as well as intervening in the elections of other countries, just as many of those same countries attempt against us. There is nothing “tantalizing” or “mysterious” in such an explanation, because it is more factual than aspirational. The boring truth here is that criminal collusion theories are weaker today than they were a year ago. While Mueller has found ample basis to charge people with false statements, the record of these filings shows more confusion than collusion in the Trump campaign.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/4 ... heory-dead
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
defixione
Contributor

Re: Collusion

Post by defixione »

Dolomite: Thirty-three people indicted, at least a half dozen to serve time, yet nothing has been found in Russian conspiracy probe.

lulz
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Find me a man, I'll find you a crime. Nothing related to collusion. lol
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Is this the part where we pour on the "nothing to see here", hoping that when there is something to see....no one will notice?
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

dolomite wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:53 am Find me a man, I'll find you a crime. Nothing related to collusion. lol
We don't know for sure.

lulz
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

defixione wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:06 am
dolomite wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:53 am Find me a man, I'll find you a crime. Nothing related to collusion. lol
We don't know for sure.

lulz
keep on hoping, lol
Taylor Sheridan
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I'm waiting for the "Grand jury will indict a ham sandwich" quote.
Don't inject Lysol.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

dolomite wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 11:10 am
We don't know for sure.

lulz
keep on hoping, lol
I'm hoping that there's no treason as much as you're hoping there's no collusion.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

defixione wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:07 pm

We don't know for sure.

lulz
keep on hoping, lol
I'm hoping that there's no treason as much as you're hoping there's no collusion.
So just curious , what has Trump done that is treasonous?
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

publicly asked russia to undertake cyber espionage on a fellow american?
Deleted User 62

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:20 am publicly asked russia to undertake cyber espionage on a fellow american?
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

dolomite wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:45 am So just curious , what has Trump done that is treasonous?
Do you mean today, or this week, or.........
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 8:45 am
defixione wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:07 pm
keep on hoping, lol
So just curious , what has Trump done that is treasonous?
Waiting for the Mueller report to be released before I could answer that question.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:20 am publicly asked russia to undertake cyber espionage on a fellow american?
Clearly, you do not understand the definition of treason. Look it up.
Taylor Sheridan
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

I thought the topic was "criminal collusion," not parsing the definition of "treason."
Don't inject Lysol.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

seahawk wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:44 pm I thought the topic was "criminal collusion," not parsing the definition of "treason."
Collusion on its face is not a crime, only if there is criminal intent then yes it is.
Taylor Sheridan
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Here ya go: So can we put the silly "treason" thing to bed?

Because of this history, a lot of things that might seem or feel like treason to casual observers do not, in fact, come close. In this context “enemies,” for example, must be countries against which Congress has formally declared war or otherwise authorized the use of force. (So contemporary Russia is out, whatever role it may have played in the 2016 election.) Even during the height of the Cold War, when Julius and Ethel Rosenberg were tried, convicted and executed for conveying nuclear secrets to the Soviet Union, the charge against them was espionage, not treason.
https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/a ... ncna848651
Taylor Sheridan
Deleted User 62

So....Trump is guilty of espionage?

Works for me.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:37 pm So....Trump is guilty of espionage?

Works for me.
lol
Taylor Sheridan
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

lulz @ doly, aka, Trump's Charlie McCarthy.