Progressive income tax

Ugh.
Mjl

Re: Progressive income tax

Post by Mjl »

So you're agreeing that extra hires are not because of the new tax laws, as opposed to what you previously suggested.
Deleted User 75

Re: Progressive income tax

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Mjl wrote: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:20 am So you're agreeing that extra hires are not because of the new tax laws, as opposed to what you previously suggested.
No. I'm saying that for my company there was a domino effect of sorts. The tax break benefits were felt by employees in my company in the form of pay raises and added benefits such as more days off...to account for those days off more staff is needed. To improve efficiency is some areas more staff was needed....yes, some of the hires are related to a change in the training processes, but not all of them. Some were related to excess capital available being used to improve efficiency in areas where we had to squeeze in years past for various reasons or were under staffed in certain areas.

Again, it's not all or nothing. And I'm only speaking to my company. But there was a positive impact for employees of my company related to the tax breaks.

I will also say, my company has a self imposed 10$ minimum wage. So they're doing positive things for employees and have been for the entire time I've been employed.

It's okay to acknowledge positive outcomes even if you didn't agree with the change in tax rate.