Carter

Ugh.
RussianHawk

Carter

Post by RussianHawk »

Good for him! I thought he was a goner multiple times.... guy keeps on ticking. I never expected him to outlive Bush one.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-know/i ... in-history
RainbowsandUnicorns
Contributor

Re: Carter

Post by RainbowsandUnicorns »

R.I.P. Rosalynn.
I hope for Jimmy's sake he's not too far from joining her again. Assuming there is an afterlife. Which I don't believe there is.
MICHHAWK wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:48 am
your posting history on this this site alone. says you should not be calling other people stupid.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

she just went into hospice care last week, too, while he’s had it for several months i think
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

She was something.

I had never heard before that Lillian Carter, Jimmy's mother, who was a nurse, delivered Rosalynn. She showed the newborn to Jimmy, so he first saw her when he was ~ 2.5 years old.
Valedictorian of her HS class.
Worked for, gasp, women's equality.
Tried to remove the stigma of mental illness.
Always at his side, cabinet meetings, etc.

I guess one the things that always bothered her, was how much more well-thought of Jimmy was after, than during his presidency.

IMO, he sets the bar for former presidents.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

melania sure challenged that bar :lol:
Have we fallen into a mesmerized state that makes us accept as inevitable that which is inferior or detrimental, as though having lost the will or the vision to demand that which is good?
DeletedUser

Post by DeletedUser »

KUTradition wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:59 am melania sure challenged that bar :lol:
And yet, she was still the least cringey/problematic of the entire Trump family.

Low bars and such.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

Shirley wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:32 pm She was something.

I had never heard before that Lillian Carter, Jimmy's mother, who was a nurse, delivered Rosalynn. She showed the newborn to Jimmy, so he first saw her when he was ~ 2.5 years old.

I guess one the things that always bothered her, was how much more well-thought of Jimmy was after, than during his presidency.

Carter was easily the worst POTUS of my lifetime. Easily. He was living proof that one can be a good man and also be a lousy Commander in Chief.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:20 am

Carter was easily the worst POTUS of my lifetime. Easily. He was living proof that one can be a good man and also be a lousy Commander in Chief.
Giggle.

I'll go with the beholden-to-Russia, wannabe-dictator reality TV star who, for political reasons, tried to wish a global pandemic out of existence and, in so doing, is responsible for hundreds of thousands of American deaths that didn't need to happen. And then tried his damnedest to block the peaceful transfer of power to a guy he knew had beat him. And who now is telling you, out loud, that if you put him back in the big chair, he will ignore the Constitution and usher in a religion-clothed autocracy.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

DeletedUser wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:15 am
KUTradition wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:59 am melania sure challenged that bar :lol:
And yet, she was still the least cringey/problematic of the entire Trump family.

Low bars and such.
meh..i’d put baron and tiffany over her, personally
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

what exactly does the trump family have to do with this thread. minus the deviants and malcontents need to take a dump in every thread.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:30 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:20 am

Giggle.

I'll go with the beholden-to-Russia, wannabe-dictator reality TV star who, for political reasons, tried to wish a global pandemic out of existence and, in so doing, is responsible for hundreds of thousands of American deaths that didn't need to happen. And then tried his damnedest to block the peaceful transfer of power to a guy he knew had beat him. And who now is telling you, out loud, that if you put him back in the big chair, he will ignore the Constitution and usher in a religion-clothed autocracy.
I'm just old enough (early grade school) to remember gas lines, cold classrooms at school, and eating rice with milk for dinner during the Carter years. I also remember the complete lack of respect Iran had for the U.S. and the resulting hostage crisis that only ended when a strong POTUS came into office.

Things were really good under Trump until the plandemic. BTW, am reading The Real Anthony Fauci by RFK Jr., who is no fan of Trump. Pretty damning indictment of the powers that be and the lengths they went to to get rid of the sitting POTUS and steer money back into their own pockets.
“First of all, AI is two letters. It’s kind of a fancy thing.” - Scary Smart Brilliant VP Kamala Harris
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

MICHHAWK wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:56 am what exactly does the trump family have to do with this thread. minus the deviants and malcontents need to take a dump in every thread.
It's what you do when your party and POTUS are a complete and utter failure and the whole world not only knows it, but is laughing its collective rear end off about it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Trump is easily the worst president ever to take office.

There's no debate. He wanted to overthrow our Democracy first 'peacefully' by trying to coerce officials ( Sec of State, election officials ) to find votes and then, when that didn't work, stop the transfer of power by working up his mini legion of morans so they could storm the Capitol. We all know he did this. Those who deny he was trying to do this are part of the morans.

That alone is enough to make him the worst ever.
But then there's all the other shit while he was in office.
It's not a close race. He is the 1972 Dolphins of worst presidents.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:23 am Trump is easily the worst president ever to take office.

There's no debate. He wanted to overthrow our Democracy first 'peacefully' by trying to coerce officials ( Sec of State, election officials ) to find votes and then, when that didn't work, stop the transfer of power by working up his mini legion of morans so they could storm the Capitol. We all know he did this. Those who deny he was trying to do this are part of the morans.

85 Bears.
Defense. Rebounds.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:23 am Trump is easily the worst president ever to take office.

At least 50% of the American public would disagree with you. I'd take the Trump economy over the Biden economy any day of the week.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

JKLivin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:44 am

At least 50% of the American public would disagree with you. I'd take the Trump economy over the Biden economy any day of the week.
This is a completely incorrect statement.
22% of the population voted for Trump in 2020.
This was before he tried to overturn our Democracy.

Those 22% are morans, which sucks that we have so many morans living amongst us, but so it goes.
JKLivin
Contributor

Post by JKLivin »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:55 am
JKLivin wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:44 am

This is a completely incorrect statement.
22% of the population voted for Trump in 2020.
This was before he tried to overturn our Democracy.

Those 22% are morans, which sucks that we have so many morans living amongst us, but so it goes.
Ok. You keep believing that. Not much I can do to help you, I'm afraid.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well, i'd say there's a decent chance you are in that 22%, and if so, I most definitely would not want any help from you, for anything, ever.
KUTradition
Contributor

Post by KUTradition »

but his IQ tho
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Math is hard
Defense. Rebounds.