Everything is Rich Peoples fault

Ugh.
TDub
Contributor

Everything is Rich Peoples fault

Post by TDub »

Here Ous. Here's a thread you can spew and spam and rant away. Instead of spreading around your reddit/twitter/instagram hot takes in 47 different threads.
Just Ledoux it
Sparko
Contributor

Re: Everything is Rich Peoples fault

Post by Sparko »

In some ways you have encapsulated sufficiently human history in a thread title.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

You think it’s poor people charging $9 bucks for water at a concert?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Youre being forced to go to a concert and buy water?
Just Ledoux it
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

He got free tickets, duh.
Defense. Rebounds.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Somebody, get a go fund me together for ous so he can buy a water at the free concert
Just Ledoux it
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What’s next, you wanna argue Ticketmaster “service fees” are a good thing too?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I dont use ticketmaster
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

1. I was heading to the Jordan Store on State Street and watched a seemingly homeless dude pissing right in front of Target this morning.
An oblivious tall blonde dude stepped right in to the "puddle" of piss soon after. NASTY!

2. Not long after that, an old foreign guy at Whole Foods was struggling with the dispenser of what looked like some kind of beans. He asked me if I could help him. I did. Old guy was so appreciative he basically acted like I gave him one of my organs. A complete asshole witnessed it and commented that I wasn't being hygienic because I touched the dispenser without wearing gloves - that were NOT required. Seems I ruined that guy's day.

So..... Point of my sharing those two things is that - clearly not everything is rich people's fault.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

broken system
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:36 pm broken system
56% of Americans have $5,000 or less in savings.

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/researc ... t-balance/

How dare we talk about such an elitist concept as retirement...

</sarcasm>
Deleted User 89

twocoach wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:47 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:36 pm broken system
56% of Americans have $5,000 or less in savings.

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/researc ... t-balance/

How dare we talk about such an elitist concept as retirement...

</sarcasm>
that actually makes me feel pretty good about my situation (thanks grandma)

now, couple that level of savings with average debt
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Black Rock are the folks buying up houses just to jack up the price and flip them too, right?

That dood is worth over a bil. The company is worth like 8 trillion.

And according to them, the problem is Merican workers just aren’t working hard enough.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

I've been yelled at too many times for me to go into my feelings about America's "inability" to save more money so I won't delve into that here any more.

I hope I get to retire at an age where I can still do some of the fun stuff I want to do in retirement. My father in law worked until he was in his late 60s and then had a major stroke on his retirement celebration trip with his Corvette Club friends. He kept working those last extra years because he was making such good money. He lived through those first strokes but said many times that he wished he hadn't. He got a few more years with his grandkids before he passed but it certainly opened my eyes about my own retirement plans. Better to retire a few years early than a few years late.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:43 am What’s next, you wanna argue Ticketmaster “service fees” are a good thing too?
Not sure if serious...
But absolutely, yes. Scalable, reliable, secure systems are really expensive to create and maintain, and they create a lot of good jobs, like my developer friend supporting his family on one income by working for them.

If you don't like it go to the box office.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:50 pm Black Rock are the folks buying up houses just to jack up the price and flip them too, right?

That dood is worth over a bil. The company is worth like 8 trillion.

And according to them, the problem is Merican workers just aren’t working hard enough.
That isn't even close to what he said.
Deleted User 887

Post by Deleted User 887 »

twocoach wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:57 pm I've been yelled at too many times for me to go into my feelings about America's "inability" to save more money so I won't delve into that here any more.

I hope I get to retire at an age where I can still do some of the fun stuff I want to do in retirement. My father in law worked until he was in his late 60s and then had a major stroke on his retirement celebration trip with his Corvette Club friends. He kept working those last extra years because he was making such good money. He lived through those first strokes but said many times that he wished he hadn't. He got a few more years with his grandkids before he passed but it certainly opened my eyes about my own retirement plans. Better to retire a few years early than a few years late.
Sorry to hear about your father in law!
Biggest conundrum for myself and many other people in regards to retirement is not knowing how long I/they am/are going to live.
If I knew I was going to die in the next 10 years I would retire tomorrow and hope to enjoy my last 10 years as much as I could. Problem is if I retired tomorrow I would probably end up living another 30+ years - and be broke for the last 20 years of my life.

As far as Black Rock and Larry Fink.... No comment.
Deleted User 89

my pops played it right

worked for the feds for 35 years, formally retired at 65 with something ridiculous like 90% pension (still gets 90% of the salary he had when he retired...they don't do that anymore, i don't think), and still works so is double-dipping

he'd probably keel over if/when he ever stopped working
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TraditionKU wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 5:14 pm my pops played it right

worked for the feds for 35 years, formally retired at 65 with something ridiculous like 90% pension (still gets 90% of the salary he had when he retired...they don't do that anymore, i don't think), and still works so is double-dipping

he'd probably keel over if/when he ever stopped working
My dad has not only a pension buy was offered deferred payment for some of his salary. Since their living expenses were minimal, he maxed that out so he takes home more in retirement than he did the last decade of working.