Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by DCHawk1 »

That's actually a walk-back from the Buzzfeed story, but don't tell Kyle, K?
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

As long as there was nothing promised in return for a gift like that, is something like that even that unheard of for a country like Russia?

If nothing was promised in return, then is it even wrong?

Hell, at that time I don't think Trump, Putin, or anyone else even thought Trump had a snowballs chance in hell at beating Hillary.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:13 am

Didn't DC say it was a made up story?
Link?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:16 am As long as there was nothing promised in return for a gift like that, is something like that even that unheard of for a country like Russia?

Hell, at that time I don't think Trump, Putin, or anyone else even thought Trump had a snowballs chance in hell at beating Hillary.
It wasn't even proposed. Geezer's buzzfeed tweet reads: "The Trump Organization planned to give a $50 million penthouse at Trump Tower Moscow to Vladimir Putin during the 2016 campaign."

This is patent bullshit. The ABC story confirms that this was hopeful daydreaming between two people associated with Trump. There was no "plan," and certainly the "Trump organization" was not involved.

All of which takes me back to my original post on the subject:

"What we actually learned today is bad enough. Pretending that it's even worse is just silly."
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:22 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:16 am As long as there was nothing promised in return for a gift like that, is something like that even that unheard of for a country like Russia?

It wasn't even proposed. Geezer's buzzfeed tweet reads: "The Trump Organization planned to give a $50 million penthouse at Trump Tower Moscow to Vladimir Putin during the 2016 campaign."

This is patent bullshit. The ABC story confirms that this was hopeful daydreaming between two people associated with Trump. There was no "plan," and certainly the "Trump organization" was not involved.

"What we actually learned today is bad enough. Pretending that it's even worse is just silly."
No one has reported that it was or wasn't proposed. Assuming that it wasn't proposed simply because the story is only about it being discussed is as silly as assuming that it was.

Maybe it was proposed and proof if that simply hasn't been found. The ABC reports that the liars claim it was only hopeful daydreaming. Everyone involved is and has been lying about everything. Assuming they are finally providing the whole truth is foolish.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:55 pm

No one has reported that it was or wasn't proposed. Assuming that it wasn't proposed simply because the story is only about it being discussed is as silly as assuming that it was.

Maybe it was proposed and proof if that simply hasn't been found. The ABC reports that the liars claim it was only hopeful daydreaming. Everyone involved is and has been lying about everything. Assuming they are finally providing the whole truth is foolish.

Obtuse attempts to defend Trump while trying to maintain plausible deniability for doing so is what DC does because, what else is he going to do, promote republican supply side economics?
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Does it hurt?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Is English your second language?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:43 pm

Is English your second language?
Is there a report/article/interview out there somewhere that explicitly proves that someone did not make the offer of the Penthouse directly to a Russian official? Not releasing any proof of it at this time doesn't mean that it didn't happen. That's all I am saying.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

A. The entire project itself was a non-starter. "The project never even got past a non-binding letter of intent. It never went anywhere." And it had very little to do with Trump in the first place.

B. The emails and texts were sent between Sater and Cohen, and indeed, Sater is the source for Buzzfeed's story. Sater was the man behind the entire project, but didn't even represent Trump. He represented Baycock, which wanted to build the tower and simply brand it with Trump's name. Moreover, the texts and emails show that Cohen didn't have any channels to the Kremlin and had to send emails to the press secretary's general press inquiries email.

C. Part of Cohen's testimony, which was NOT disputed by Mueller, was that Trump never had any discussions with anyone else about the entire project other than Cohen. Sater's Congressional testimony -- and his account, which is Buzzfeed's story -- is that the whole Putin-Trump partnership was his own attempt at "puffery."
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

"Is there a report/article/interview out there somewhere that explicitly proves that someone did not make the offer of the Penthouse directly to a Russian official? Not releasing any proof of it at this time doesn't mean that it didn't happen. That's all I am saying."

That is akin to expecting someone to be required to prove a negative. Someone tell me: How can it be proved that someone did not do something?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The Trump Organization???

LOL
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Leawood wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:37 pm
Someone tell me: How can it be proved that someone did not do something?
Welcome to politics in 2018.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:45 pm The Trump Organization???

LOL
uh...wut?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Who's in the Trump Org. other than him and his kids?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Geezer wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:14 pm Who's in the Trump Org. other than him and his kids?
Did you not read your own damn link?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Cohen is sure as hell in the crime family.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Cohen?

You mean that dude Trump threw under bus on Twitter all day about how he’s a crook who deserves prison?

(Never mind the fact he was the dude’s personal lawyer for the past like 12 years)
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

And Trump spoke of him like his best friend for the last 2 years.