Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by twocoach »

Feral wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:33 am
twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:10 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:24 am What a weird thing to get pissy about anyway. ZOMG! ALL the other presidents read the prayer! (Sample size 3). That proves he is Satan incarnate -- in a totally non-religious way, of course.
I took those posts as more bagging on evangelicals for supporting an obviously not religious Trump as some savior rather than bagging on Trump but whatever.

I will never forget my cousins wife posting some shit on Facebook about how "maybe Trump is a warrior sent from God to fight for our way of life". Insane.
Either we're related, or your cousin's wife is channeling my cousins.
And he is the one cousin I like. He just married a very upstate New York, very Italian, very Catholic woman who, when not discussing religion or politics is generally a very nice woman.
But on those two topics she is as far to the right as you can get.

We have all agreed that because we like each other that those topics are off limits when we get together.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

If you say so.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Sad that nowadays "because we like each other" politics can't be discussed.

I've always thought disliking people for having different views was frowned upon? Now we must hate those who don't vote for the people we vote for. Sad. Odd.
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

The erosion of caste/societal shibboleths?
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

i’m more disappointed than anything else
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I dunno whether to file this under "dumbfuckery," or to give him credit for "telling it like it is."

Cuz this has been the GOP attitude about a number of issues - debt, climate change, what else?

Finally, a Washington outsider who calls it like he sees it!

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/statu ... 0451407873
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:18 pm I dunno whether to file this under "dumbfuckery," or to give him credit for "telling it like it is."

Cuz this has been the GOP attitude about a number of issues - debt, climate change, what else?

Finally, a Washington outsider who calls it like he sees it!

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/statu ... 0451407873
Just goes right along with the attitude that Dolomite has displayed here...that as long as they get what they want right now, they really dont give a shit who else is negatively impacted, even if it is them at a later date.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:50 am Sad that nowadays "because we like each other" politics can't be discussed.

I've always thought disliking people for having different views was frowned upon? Now we must hate those who don't vote for the people we vote for. Sad. Odd.
Many can. I have lunch every day with 2 very conservative, religious gun owners and we do just fine discussing politics.

Don't let anyone tell you the extremes are the norms.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

"Ms. Morales said she will never forget the day Mr. Trump pulled up to the pro shop in his cart as she was washing its large, arched windows. Noticing that Ms. Morales, who is shy of five feet tall, could not reach the top, he said, “Excuse me,” grabbed her rag and wiped the upper portion of the glass.

Mr. Trump then asked Ms. Morales her name and where she was from, she recalled. “I said, ‘I am from Guatemala.’ He said, ‘Guatemalans are hard-working people.’” The president then reached into his pocket and handed her a $50 bill.

“I told myself, ‘God bless him.’ I thought, he’s a good person,” Ms. Morales recalled."

That's maybe the nicest story anyone has shared about trump that I've seen.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:06 pm
"Ms. Morales said she will never forget the day Mr. Trump pulled up to the pro shop in his cart as she was washing its large, arched windows. Noticing that Ms. Morales, who is shy of five feet tall, could not reach the top, he said, “Excuse me,” grabbed her rag and wiped the upper portion of the glass.

Mr. Trump then asked Ms. Morales her name and where she was from, she recalled. “I said, ‘I am from Guatemala.’ He said, ‘Guatemalans are hard-working people.’” The president then reached into his pocket and handed her a $50 bill.

“I told myself, ‘God bless him.’ I thought, he’s a good person,” Ms. Morales recalled."

That's maybe the nicest story anyone has shared about trump that I've seen.
LOL.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Reached into his pocket. To his absolute terror, a $50 was the smallest bill he had.
Trump thought to himself, "Fuck, I wish I hadn't blown that $20 on that Honduran hooker last night"
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Deleted User 89

shame on people trying to improve their station on life

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/ ... 29?cid=apn
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Why anyone still does banking with Wells Fargo is beyond me. A culture of criminals ripping off the American public.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

twocoach wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:21 pm Why anyone still does banking with Wells Fargo is beyond me. A culture of criminals ripping off the American public.
The same could be said about a number of institutions - Chase for example.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 89

10 [terrorists], over the last very short period of time...

link?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

2 years in and this clown still has no idea how any of this works.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

I'm unsure if that was Mike Pence or Bernie Lomax sitting between Trump and Pelosi.