Dumbfuck in charge

Ugh.
twocoach

Re: Dumbfuck in charge

Post by twocoach »

Saw this today and it seemed appropriate.

The Narcissists Prayer:
That didn't happen.
And if it did, it wasn't that bad.
And if it was, that's not a big deal.
And if it is, that's not my fault.
And if it was, I didn't mean it.
And if I did, you deserved it.

Trump started his defense at line 1 and moved to line 2 only after all of his buddies started getting arrested and were sent to prison. Now he is trying to sell us lines 3 and 4.

I assume he will move to lines 5 and 6 once Mueller's actual report drops. And he will sprinkle in some vague references to patriotism along with it. Book it.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

There's always a tweet, and this one has aged really well:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/sta ... 9805159424
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

but guys, didn’t you hear?

it’s all just a witch hunt
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

New York Attorney General Barbara Underwood has announced that the Trump Foundation will dissolve. The foundation was established by Donald Trump well before he ran for president.

The news comes as her office continues its investigation into various questions about the foundation's conduct, including whether the foundation broke the law by coordinating with Trump's 2016 presidential campaign and whether it was truly functioning as a charitable organization.

Underwood said her office had detailed "a shocking pattern of illegality involving the Trump Foundation — including unlawful coordination with the Trump presidential campaign, repeated and willful self-dealing, and much more. This amounted to the Trump Foundation functioning as little more than a checkbook to serve Mr. Trump's business and political interests."

Underwood said the foundation's decision to shutter was "an important victory for the rule of law."

https://www.npr.org/2018/12/18/67777895 ... estigation
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Flynn out. Seems that no one can make it to 2 years with Trump.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

I think you mean Mattis.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

Geezer wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:21 pm I think you mean Mattis.
Crap...
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Flynn is out, so partial credit?
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 62

It's just so hard to keep up.

I assume the names on the desks are done in dry erase?
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Plano isn't exactly sure who is out, but he knows he's oUtRagEd by it!

;-)
Deleted User 62

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:18 pm Plano isn't exactly sure who is out, but he knows he's oUtRagEd by it!

;-)
You try way too hard to be Jr DC.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Dear Mr. President:

I have been privileged to serve as our country's 26th Secretary of Defense which has allowed me to serve alongside our men and women of the Department in defense of our citizens and our ideals.
I am proud of the progress that has been made over the past two years on some of the key goals articulated in our National Defense Strategy: putting the Department on a more sound budgetary footing, improving readiness and lethality in our forces, and reforming the Department's business practices for greater performance. Our troops continue to provide the capabilities needed to prevail in conflict and sustain strong U.S. global influence.

One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies. Like you, I have said from the beginning that the armed forces of the United States should not be the policeman of the world. Instead, we must use all tools of American power to provide for the common defense, including providing effective leadership to our alliances. NATO's 29 democracies demonstrated that strength in their commitment to fighting alongside us following the 9-11 attack on America. The Defeat-ISIS coalition of 74 nations is further proof.

Similarly, I believe we must be resolute and unambiguous in our approach to those countries whose strategic interests are increasingly in tension with ours. It is clear that China and Russia, for example, want to shape a world consistent with their authoritarian model - gaining veto authority over other nations' economic, diplomatic, and security decisions - to promote their own interests at the expense of their neighbors, America and our allies. That is why we must use all the tools of American power to provide for the common defense.

My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position. The end date for my tenure is February 28, 2019, a date that should allow sufficient time for a successor to be nominated and confirmed as well as to make sure the Department's interests are properly articulated and protected at upcoming events to include Congressional posture hearings and the NATO Defense Ministerial meeting in February. Further, that a full transition to a new Secretary of Defense occurs well in advance of the transition of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in September in order to ensure stability Within the Department.

I pledge my full effort to a smooth transition that ensures the needs and interests of the 2.15 million Service Members and 732,079 DoD civilians receive undistracted attention of the Department at all times so that they can fulfill their critical, round-the-clock mission to protect the American people.

I very much appreciate this opportunity to serve the nation and our men and women in uniform.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Hours after the President LIED about Mattis allegedly "resigning" no less. A stunning rebuke of the continually terrible policy decisions and actions of this President. Trump will go down as nothing more than a giant shit stain on the fabric of this great nation.
Deleted User 62

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:36 pm Dear Mr. President:

I have been privileged to serve as our country's 26th Secretary of Defense which has allowed me to serve alongside our men and women of the Department in defense of our citizens and our ideals.
I am proud of the progress that has been made over the past two years on some of the key goals articulated in our National Defense Strategy: putting the Department on a more sound budgetary footing, improving readiness and lethality in our forces, and reforming the Department's business practices for greater performance. Our troops continue to provide the capabilities needed to prevail in conflict and sustain strong U.S. global influence.

One core belief I have always held is that our strength as a nation is inextricably linked to the strength of our unique and comprehensive system of alliances and partnerships. While the US remains the indispensable nation in the free world, we cannot protect our interests or serve that role effectively without maintaining strong alliances and showing respect to those allies. Like you, I have said from the beginning that the armed forces of the United States should not be the policeman of the world. Instead, we must use all tools of American power to provide for the common defense, including providing effective leadership to our alliances. NATO's 29 democracies demonstrated that strength in their commitment to fighting alongside us following the 9-11 attack on America. The Defeat-ISIS coalition of 74 nations is further proof.

Similarly, I believe we must be resolute and unambiguous in our approach to those countries whose strategic interests are increasingly in tension with ours. It is clear that China and Russia, for example, want to shape a world consistent with their authoritarian model - gaining veto authority over other nations' economic, diplomatic, and security decisions - to promote their own interests at the expense of their neighbors, America and our allies. That is why we must use all the tools of American power to provide for the common defense.

My views on treating allies with respect and also being clear-eyed about both malign actors and strategic competitors are strongly held and informed by over four decades of immersion in these issues. We must do everything possible to advance an international order that is most conducive to our security, prosperity and values, and we are strengthened in this effort by the solidarity of our alliances.

Because you have the right to have a Secretary of Defense whose views are better aligned with yours on these and other subjects, I believe it is right for me to step down from my position. The end date for my tenure is February 28, 2019, a date that should allow sufficient time for a successor to be nominated and confirmed as well as to make sure the Department's interests are properly articulated and protected at upcoming events to include Congressional posture hearings and the NATO Defense Ministerial meeting in February. Further, that a full transition to a new Secretary of Defense occurs well in advance of the transition of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff in September in order to ensure stability Within the Department.

I pledge my full effort to a smooth transition that ensures the needs and interests of the 2.15 million Service Members and 732,079 DoD civilians receive undistracted attention of the Department at all times so that they can fulfill their critical, round-the-clock mission to protect the American people.

I very much appreciate this opportunity to serve the nation and our men and women in uniform.
Trump got about 10 words in before he tossed it to the side.

TL,DR
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:39 pm Hours after the President LIED about Mattis allegedly "resigning" no less. A stunning rebuke of the continually terrible policy decisions and actions of this President. Trump will go down as nothing more than a giant shit stain on the fabric of this great nation.
A. He didn't "resign?"
B. This is bad.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:55 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:39 pm Hours after the President LIED about Mattis allegedly "resigning" no less. A stunning rebuke of the continually terrible policy decisions and actions of this President. Trump will go down as nothing more than a giant shit stain on the fabric of this great nation.
A. He didn't "resign?"
B. This is bad.
Do you believe that Trump's take on it was an accurate portrayal of Mattis' decision?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Wait, is it really bad?

Like more so than your average Trump turnover?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Mattis can be replaced.

The conditions he details in his letter are bad.

And yes, he resigned.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

IMHO he could see no way he could continue after Trump's unexpected withdrawal from Syria.

Supposedly he went to the White House after learning of the Turkish defense minister stating that they could start killing Kurds when the US left. He went with his letter in his pocket in case he couldn't persuade the idiot king to change his mind.
Deleted User 62

Just how unstable will the world be when this nightmare is finally over?