Re: Thank you President Trump!

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:03 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:54 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:44 pm

Did she rape anyone?
Get stupid when she drinks?
Wiccan perchance?
No idea, but I'm sure Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi will appreciate the suggestions. Maybe they can start digging for dirt early.
I agree, get ahead of the game.
Maybe give them time to force the administration to release ALL pertinent records this time around.
Yup. And then when they STILL didn't find anything of note, you'd go back to Ms. Ford's rantings and demand that we believe her and let that be enough. The whole thing was a shame, and the mid-term elections will show that it turned the tide of public sentiment against the Dems. People aren't as dumb as you'd like to believe, and the libs don't completely control access to the truth yet.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

HouseDivided wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:27 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:01 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:50 am

What troubles me is that, even with a Republican majority in both houses, Congress can’t seem to make budget cuts that would be consistent with fiscal responsibility in light of the recent tax cuts. The only explanation is that they only care about themselves and their job security.
...and yet instead of republican voters holding republican lawmakers accountable, they’re just beating their chests about #winning
I would love to see some other options, but all I see on the other side of the ticket is candidates who want to raise taxes and increase entitlement spending.
so even though republicans control the legislative AND executive AND judicial branches, when the federal gummint fucks something up you still point the finger at the “other side.”

#winning
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:31 pm
HouseDivided wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:27 pm
ousdahl wrote: Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:01 pm

...and yet instead of republican voters holding republican lawmakers accountable, they’re just beating their chests about #winning
I would love to see some other options, but all I see on the other side of the ticket is candidates who want to raise taxes and increase entitlement spending.
so even though republicans control the legislative AND executive AND judicial branches, when the federal gummint fucks something up you still point the finger at the “other side.”

#winning
Not blaming; just pointing out that, if you want to complain about the status quo, you should offer an alternative that is better, not just a different but equally sucky version of it.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

imzcount wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:17 pm https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nucl ... SKCN1LZ1Y8

Fixing all the mistakes of Obummer's terrible reign!
This aged well.

https://www.al-monitor.com/pulse/origin ... sment.html
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The numbers couldn’t be clearer: Corporations, big shareholders and top corporate executives reap the lion’s share of the gains from the 2017 tax cut, which should be renamed the Shareholder and CEO Enrichment Act of 2017. It didn’t boost economic growth that much, didn’t start a capital spending boom or U.S. manufacturing renaissance, didn’t bring overseas profits back home, and might have led to modest job growth but little discernible wage increases. And we’ll all be stuck with the bill for a long, long time.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/its-o ... 2019-01-30
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Ok.

Honest questions:

don't those people who got the biggest cut already contribute the most to the total tax pool?

What do you think is a fair Tax rate/ % for those people to pay?

Edit: and did you expect any positive benefits to the economy/spending boom and employee wages to be immediate? Is it reasonable to assume it would maybe be something that happens over a period of time?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

JFC
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:37 pmJFC
Quality answer.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:43 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:37 pmJFC
Quality answer.
Fitting for the questions.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

It's like arguing with a 4th grader.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 75

I've already said I got the largest COLA and a raise that I've gotten in 7 years by a wide margin. We also got some really nice added benefits, like an extra 5days into our sick time pool for all employees who have been with the company for 5+ years, and employees over 10 years got the option to have an extra 5 days of vacation time (unpaid, but they spread it out over the whole year so that the paychecks remain the same and there isn't a small paycheck during the time they use their additional unpaid time off).
Deleted User 75

Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 pm It's like arguing with a 4th grader.
It doesn't have to be.

All I did was ask some simple questions.

It seems you don't want tax cuts for the rich just because they've got more money than you....even though they already are paying their fair share imo.

We can't just tax the rich and give to the poor to solve all of our problems. It doesn't work.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Deleted User 75

I'm being genuine when I ask you guys what's a fair amount of tax in your opinions?
Last edited by Deleted User 75 on Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 75

Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:50 pm
You are the one acting like a 4th grader quoting yourself because you don't want to provide an answer.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

We can't just tax the rich and give to the poor to solve all of our problems. It doesn't work.
[/quote]

What if I do it for you?
Deleted User 75

RussianHawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:56 pm We can't just tax the rich and give to the poor to solve all of our problems. It doesn't work.
What if I do it for you?
[/quote]

Well, try to do it better than this at least.
Deleted User 75

So are you guys thinking like 50%ish?

You think the government should get 50% of whatever the rich/corporations earn?

Seem fair?

Not to me.
Deleted User 75

How about 35% from everyone regardless of how much they make? No deductions. No loopholes.

No?
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

Sounds like you have a mole.