Thank you President Trump!

Ugh.
RussianHawk

Re: Thank you President Trump!

Post by RussianHawk »

Ohh cool the flat tax argument who would ever have thought Illy would be for that?
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:50 pm
Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 pm It's like arguing with a 4th grader.
It doesn't have to be.

All I did was ask some simple questions.

It seems you don't want tax cuts for the rich just because they've got more money than you....even though they already are paying their fair share imo.

We can't just tax the rich and give to the poor to solve all of our problems. It doesn't work.
That's the problem. You can't ask a childish question to a complex topic and think you're going to get anything other than "JFC".

I don't want huge tax cuts for the rich because SOMEONE is going to have to provide that money and it will inevitably be the folks who aren't rich.

Any time you find yourself typing "It seems" in a post, you should just stop and then hit the backspace button because it is is almost always followed by you making a terrible assumption or leap of logic. Save us all a lot of back and forth about the silly things that follow your "It seems" statements.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:20 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:50 pm
Geezer wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:47 pm It's like arguing with a 4th grader.
It doesn't have to be.

All I did was ask some simple questions.

It seems you don't want tax cuts for the rich just because they've got more money than you....even though they already are paying their fair share imo.

We can't just tax the rich and give to the poor to solve all of our problems. It doesn't work.
That's the problem. You can't ask a childish question to a complex topic and think you're going to get anything other than "JFC".

I don't want huge tax cuts for the rich because SOMEONE is going to have to provide that money and it will inevitably be the folks who aren't rich.

Any time you find yourself typing "It seems" in a post, you should just stop and then hit the backspace button because it is is almost always followed by you making a terrible assumption or leap of logic. Save us all a lot of back and forth about the silly things that follow your "It seems" statements.
Or you could just not respond if you don't want to.

It's interesting to observe the strategy some of you use to avoid certain posts with good questions (not talking about my posts, they're usually DCs)....I'll say something stupid AF and get a million responses.....DC will say something smart and worthwhile and crickets. It's not just you. It's just interesting to observe and shows a small glimpse into what the real motivation is around here.

Or at least that's how it seems. ;-)
Deleted User 75

So the rich can't get tax cuts because the money has to come from somewhere....

Boy, that's a scary path to go down imo. Keep taking more and more from the rich as the inevitable need for more money continues... eventually many of them will leave. That's how that works. Then what?
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:47 pm
DC will say something smart and worthwhile and crickets.
DC's the biggest troll on this bored. Him saying something smart isn't that often because 99% of his posts aren't longer than an abbreviation.
Deleted User 75

RussianHawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:57 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:47 pm
DC will say something smart and worthwhile and crickets.
DC's the biggest troll on this bored. Him saying something smart isn't that often because 99% of his posts aren't longer than an abbreviation.
Untrue. He's maybe not even top 3 in trolling.

He says plenty of smart stuff.

There would be other who say smart stuff that lean right or center, but they're attacked and ran off....so many of them keep quiet or say smart things in PMs because they don't want to deal with the BS the liberal mob on this board does...which is back them into a corner and label them things they are not, while arguing things they didn't really say. I'm not making that up. That's what I've been told by at least 2 or 3 separate posters.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

Back them into a corner where they aren't able to articulate their position but just know it's not something bad --- yeah that's their problem not the liberal mob's as you say.
Deleted User 75

It happens even when people are very articulate about their position (I'm not talking about myself at all)....it's intolerance to anyone who isn't in a state on constantly meltdown about trump.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:29 pm It happens even when people are very articulate about their position (I'm not talking about myself at all)....it's intolerance to anyone who isn't in a state on constantly meltdown about trump.
Now I know you are either untruthful or dumb because their hasn't been an articulate argument on this board in a long long time.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:29 pm It happens even when people are very articulate about their position (I'm not talking about myself at all)....it's intolerance to anyone who isn't in a state on constantly meltdown about trump.
seahawk wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:25 pm
Feral wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:11 am Illie, you seem to have a lot of time on your hands. Why don't you see what % of your posts in this forum are about Politics, and what % have more to do with the other posters here. I'll take "other posters" for $420 dollars, Alex.

tia.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 75

Seahawk = 86% poli-board

You know CNN has a message board that is a much larger echo chamber you could use? That way we don't run off any basketball posters with the petty politics BS.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

Seahawk hardly posts compared to you.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:49 pm So the rich can't get tax cuts because the money has to come from somewhere....

Boy, that's a scary path to go down imo. Keep taking more and more from the rich as the inevitable need for more money continues... eventually many of them will leave. That's how that works. Then what?
Trust me, there are still plenty of loopholes available to them. You ever met anyone who used to be rich but then the government took all their money? Me neither.

Many of them will leave? WTF are you even talking about.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:21 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:49 pm So the rich can't get tax cuts because the money has to come from somewhere....

Trust me, there are still plenty of loopholes available to them. You ever met anyone who used to be rich but then the government took all their money? Me neither.

They don't leave --- they love the blue passport the money leaves not them.
Deleted User 75

Why do you think the government is entitled to a disproportionate amount of their money compared to everyone else just because they're rich? They already are paying the majority of the taxes. Where does it end?

I'm not saying don't tax the rich. I'm saying stop melting down because they got a tax cut. They're already doing their fair share imo.

Smaller government. Less taxes across the board. Less totally pointless and wasteful government shutdowns caused solely by political egos. That'd be a start.

My family doesn't even make that much money and I feel we are over taxed. Nobody should have 40-50% of the money they earn taken by the government. That's insane.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Illys man crush on DC is borderline creepy.
Deleted User 75

Meltdown alert!

Holy shit. I can barely keep up!
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:55 pm

My family doesn't even make that much money
GAP insurance.....
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

They should be taxed because they live in a country and society that allows them to be in the upper echolon. If the pay more taxes into the overall good they will still be richer than everyone else. Why should they not pay more, when it's their workers who are the people not being paid appropriately based off of outcome and impact?
Deleted User 75

"Richer than everyone else"

I don't feel like everyone needs to be similarly rich.

Philosophical differences it seems...but I respect your opinion.