Thank you President Trump!

Ugh.
RussianHawk

Re: Thank you President Trump!

Post by RussianHawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:30 pm "Richer than everyone else"

I don't feel like everyone needs to be similarly rich.

Philosophical differences it seems...but I respect your opinion.
They are not similarly rich.... someone making over $10M a year will still be crazy rich compared to everyone else. CRAZY rich
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

You also didn't answer my question which you were drooping poopies in another thread about so answer it please.
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

"Compared to everyone else"

That's not reason for the government to take their money disproportionately imo.
Deleted User 75

RussianHawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:55 pm You also didn't answer my question which you were drooping poopies in another thread about so answer it please.
I don't believe that every single worker is underpaid by rich people. I don't feel underpaid...and not every rich person has "employees" to underpay.

if people feel they are underpaid then they should/could/can find another job...if everyone refused to work for companies that grossly underpay their employees then those companies would go out of business or increase their wages.

I guess it comes down to that I don't think government taxing and redistributing wealth is smart or what this country is all about.

I don't feel that the rich are undertaxed.

I feel like a lot of us are over taxed. Myself included.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Why should they not pay a percentage equal to what I pay?
Deleted User 62

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:01 pm
RussianHawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 8:55 pm You also didn't answer my question which you were drooping poopies in another thread about so answer it please.

And you seriously cannot see how these 2 statements are intertwined?
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:08 pm Why should they not pay a percentage equal to what I pay?
They should.

They should not pay a way larger percentage than what you/we do.
Deleted User 75

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:09 pm

And you seriously cannot see how these 2 statements are intertwined?
Smaller government.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

I don't believe that every single worker is underpaid by rich people. I don't feel underpaid...and not every rich person has "employees" to underpay.

if people feel they are underpaid then they should/could/can find another job...if everyone refused to work for companies that grossly underpay their employees then those companies would go out of business or increase their wages.

I guess it comes down to that I don't think government taxing and redistributing wealth is smart or what this country is all about.

I don't believe that every single worker is underpaid by rich people. (I'm not sure how you make that argument when someone such as Bezos has $100+ Billion in the bank. I'm sure Bezos assumed risk and put up money to start off Amazon but not to the tune of anywhere near what he has now. And the reason he has all that money (he doesn't actually have it) is because he isn't paying his workers for the impact they have had IMO. He had an idea got VC and then was the head of it.... He deserves to be rich, but not on the back to the people who are doing all the work.

if people feel they are underpaid then they should/could/can find another job. (You obviously make enough money to try to work other places. the $15/hour jobs at Amazon don't really allow you to "shop around"

I guess it comes down to that I don't think government taxing and redistributing wealth is smart or what this country is all about. (Taxing people is not redistributing wealth it's making them give back to society that allows them to prosper.).

I feel like a lot of us are over taxed. Myself included. (I doubt you are over taxed for what you take on the back of others but that's cool you think it.)
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

Last edited by RussianHawk on Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

I don't believe that every single worker is underpaid by rich people. (I'm not sure how you make that argument when someone such as Bezos has $100+ Billion in the bank. I'm sure Bezos assumed risk and put up money to start off Amazon but not to the tune of anywhere near what he has now. And the reason he has all that money (he doesn't actually have it) is because he isn't paying his workers for the impact they have had IMO. He had an idea got VC and then was the head of it.... He deserves to be rich, but not on the back to the people who are doing all the work.

if people feel they are underpaid then they should/could/can find another job. (You obviously make enough money to try to work other places. the $15/hour jobs at Amazon don't really allow you to "shop around"

I guess it comes down to that I don't think government taxing and redistributing wealth is smart or what this country is all about. (Taxing people is not redistributing wealth it's making them give back to society that allows them to prosper.).

I feel like a lot of us are over taxed. Myself included. (I doubt you are over taxed for what you take on the back of others but that's cool you think it.)
Deleted User 75

Does Bezos keep his money in a mattress? If not, people indirectly benefit from that money if it goes in banks (well not Americans if he's hiding it overseas). Banks lend that money to others (small businesses). That stimulates economic growth.
Deleted User 75

Like i said, if those people refused to work for $15 per hour amazon would raise their wages or hire workers who were happy with $15 per hour. Or at least that's what my econ professor taught in college.

(I had no idea amazon didn't pay people over $15 per hour)
Deleted User 75

Sorry. I know you're not dumb. I shouldn't be patronizing. I'm sure you've studied basic economics / free market capitalism / etc. We just have very different philosophies on what we want this country to be. I'm okay with some people being rich and some people being poor.

"American poor" is usually living pretty luxurious compared to what many countries around the world look like. I obviously don't want people homeless or without food....but I'm okay with there being super rich people who have more "compared to everyone else".
Deleted User 62

People that take $15/hr jobs are barely more fortunate than folks that make $10.

They will do a lot to stay at $15 just to avoid being part of $10.
Deleted User 75

Taxing the rich does little to solve that problem.
Deleted User 62

Why is this so hard for you to fucking comprehend?

They should pay their fair share.

Why should I (or you) pay a higher percentage of my personal earnings than a billionaire?

I was hoping to not break this to you. While you were rubbing your hands together over a few thousand bucks thrown your way....the CEO of your company was shopping for a 3rd home in Malibu and a dock for his 2nd yacht.
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Yea capitalism!
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:01 pm Why is this so hard for you to fucking comprehend?

They should pay their fair share.

Why should I (or you) pay a higher percentage of my personal earnings than a billionaire?

I was hoping to not break this to you. While you were rubbing your hands together over a few thousand bucks thrown your way....the CEO of your company was shopping for a 3rd home in Malibu and a dock for his 2nd yacht.
To expand on this, I would posit that a billionaire has a lot more to lose and should therefore pay a lot higher percentage than what I pay, to defend his billions.