Pizza

You Love It.
Deleted User 89

Re: Pizza

Post by Deleted User 89 »

KU76erfan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:56 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:08 pm best pizza i've ever had was in Provo

https://nicolitalia.com
Yeah, was surprisingly good.
the wife and i used to always get their italian stallion...
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

KU76erfan wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:55 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 6:48 am Best ever ( NYC )
Joes on Bleeker.
Roberta’s.
Pizza Supremo.

Best in Lawrence
Papa Kenos
Johnny’s
I miss Joe's, used to live a block away.
Just a damn solid slice.
No frills - great sauce - just New York style pizza at it's finest.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

Does it make me a snob if I like Neopilitan-style pizza from an insanely hot oven better than all the aforementioned stuff?

I live in the Chicago area and think deep dish and Chicago-style are blech. Most Chicagoans I know feel the same.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I liked casseroles.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:03 pm Does it make me a snob if I like Neopilitan-style pizza from an insanely hot oven better than all the aforementioned stuff?
No, it just makes you wrong. ;)

I like Neapolitan just fine, but would take NY-style or hand-tossed over it every time.

I think we can all agree that St. Louis style is at the bottom.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I had pizza in Naples, straight up Neapolitan, and was thinking, sorry guys, we made it better.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Once upon a time, this was outstanding:

http://www.bugsyspizza.com/

Bugsy sold it, though, and from what I hear the quality ain't what it once was.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I remember going to a KU-Nebraska football game in Lincoln many years ago. We stayed in Omaha.

On the way out of town to the game, we stopped at Valentino's. Not great, but what struck me was all the cornfed females in red Nebraska gear chowing down on pizza and drinking milk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I used to work at the Cornucopia in Lawrence. Nebraska game days were the worst. We had a 30 ft or more salad bar that really was pretty allsome. Everything but the cheese and sour cream was home made. These guys would drive down in their giant red vans and line up down the block. Little sister Suzie would put a monster dent in the salad bar and then order two giant omelettes complete with a platters of hash browns and toast.
Defense. Rebounds.
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Mjl wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:03 pm Does it make me a snob if I like Neopilitan-style pizza from an insanely hot oven better than all the aforementioned stuff?

I live in the Chicago area and think deep dish and Chicago-style are blech. Most Chicagoans I know feel the same.

Yep, Naples all the way for pizza and clothes; not even close.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

When in St. Louis, St. Louis pizza is okay.

In St. Louis, I like Lion’s Choice. Amaghetti’s. (Sp?). And any Italian on The Hill.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

Waldo Pizza, their Local Pig pizza has sausage from place of same name. We should probably meet there sometime Leawood.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.