KU vs TCU : Official Big12 #17 Game thread

Kansas Basketball.
holidaysmore

Re: KU vs TCU : Official Big12 #17 Game thread

Post by holidaysmore »

Dok is playing to see his mom. Start planning for the parade.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:29 pm "Let's go to Atlanta. Rock Chalk Jayhawk."
Man that got me. He wants to go back so he can see his mom again.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The fact that we have to go to the Final Four so Udoka can see his mom again should piss everyone off. CBB is gross.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:44 pm The fact that we have to go to the Final Four so Udoka can see his mom again should piss everyone off. CBB is gross.
^^^^^
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

500 for Self at KU.

SDS will suit up Saturday. Let’s roll.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:44 pm The fact that we have to go to the Final Four so Udoka can see his mom again should piss everyone off. CBB is gross.
A pretty simple but very true point. I thought the NcAA now allowed a certain amount of money for family members to visit or maybe that is only for events like the F4.
Holidaysmore - 2005
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

holidaysmore wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:19 pm
A pretty simple but very true point. I thought the NcAA now allowed a certain amount of money for family members to visit or maybe that is only for events like the F4.
From what I recall, the Final Four allows teams to pay for a way bigger party to attend the games. Which is why Udoka said only way he was able to see his mom in the last 8 years was to make the Final Four in 2018.

Sorry kid, you want to see your mom, you have to be excellent and make us money. Nevermind that you're one of the games biggest stars and we're selling your jersey on our website.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:27 am
From what I recall, the Final Four allows teams to pay for a way bigger party to attend the games. Which is why Udoka said only way he was able to see his mom in the last 8 years was to make the Final Four in 2018.

Sorry kid, you want to see your mom, you have to be excellent and make us money. Nevermind that you're one of the games biggest stars and we're selling your jersey on our website.

What you aren’t recalling is the fact Kevin Yoder abused his power to make it happen. Getting Mama Dok an expedited Visa.

So are we better prepared now for a predicted visit? Visa still good? Will Sharice do the same now Yoder has been shown the door?
I am, I said.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Soklous wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:44 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 9:27 am

What you aren’t recalling is the fact Kevin Yoder abused his power to make it happen. Getting Mama Dok an expedited Visa.

So are we better prepared now for a predicted visit? Visa still good? Will Sharice do the same now Yoder has been shown the door?
I would doubt Visa still good from 2 years ago. We should have been applying for this months ago.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Showed the entirety of senior speeches last night on ESPN+. Finally found something to like about this service.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I was very surprised that Bill didn't give Dot a ceremonial pull at the end last night.*

* Not a Robert Kraft-type thing, you sickos.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:21 am I was very surprised that Bill didn't give Dot a ceremonial pull at the end last night.*

* Not a Robert Kraft-type thing, you sickos.
I got the feeling he was thinking about doing it when the shot clock ran out on our last possession, but maybe in a single digit win, with 3 seconds left, and a hot head coach like Dixon, he just decided not to.

Also, that could totally be me projecting.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

PhD is right.
It was teetering on is this still a game kinda deal so there wasn't a clear moment for it.
If the other senior, Moss, hit his three point attempts ( several of them WIDE open ), they both coulda had the pull.
tman

Post by tman »

chiknbut wrote: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:20 am Showed the entirety of senior speeches last night on ESPN+. Finally found something to like about this service.
yeah actually the first time i actually got to see the senior speeches. So i was glad + showed it all.

Also there was a game on + where there was no commercials that was actually kinda cool to see the real timeouts and what was going on.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

They(and some past ones) are on YouTube as well