Louisville
Pac 12 Tourney winner
Seeds 1 and 2 in the West bracket

Teams that will be underseeded:
Michigan State
Texas Tech
Ohio State
BYU

What did I miss? Where was I totally wrong?
CrimsonNBlue

Re: Over and Under seeded teams

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I know it is about what you have done as a whole, but Baylor looks much more 2 seed-y right now.
Bearcat

Post by Bearcat »

BigTamale wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:07 pm Teams that will be overseeded:
San Diego St
Creighton
Kentucky
Louisville
Pac 12 Tourney winner

Michigan State
Texas Tech
Ohio State
BYU

I'm not sure about Kentucky, I want them in a different regional, I know that. If Louisville ends up a 4 or 5 then probably not either. Other than that, yeah, I agree with pretty much everything else.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:12 pm I know it is about what you have done as a whole, but Baylor looks much more 2 seed-y right now.
They either have to win the Big 12 tournament, or hope Florida State does not win the ACC tournament.

But yeah, I'm having same thoughts about Baylor. They are sliding and they are not as close to a guarantee 1 seed as they have been all year. My guess right now is that they'll lose in Big 12 Final. Be a 1 seed, just barely. Florida State will be the 5 overall seed.

But to answer OP..

I think it's pretty spot on.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

duke was a pretty heavy favorite at this time last season. In your mind, are we a heavier favorite this season than duke was last?
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
BigTamale

Post by BigTamale »

I have a gut feeling that either Duke or Kentucky will be our 2 seed and Michigan State will be our 4. Knowing our 2016 luck, we get all 3.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Having all 3 would be better than having just 2. Unless you're trying to buy regional tickets.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:36 pm Having all 3 would be better than having just 2. Unless you're trying to buy regional tickets.
I think I'm just saying what you're saying, a different way: the real risk for us is if a 2- or 3-line quality team slips to being our 4.

Which is very much a reason to choose Houston, I think (and, you would note I'm sure, it would be even better reason to choose LA).
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

I think the only way Crieghton will be over seeded is if they get a 1. As it stands, I'd say they are a 3, possibly bumped to a 2 if they make the title game. Win the tourney they are a for sure 2.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

BigTamale wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:07 pm Teams that will be overseeded:
San Diego St
Creighton
Kentucky
Louisville
Pac 12 Tourney winner

Michigan State
Texas Tech
Ohio State
BYU

I say MSU gets either a 2 or a 3. Not underseeded either way. If they get a 4 - then I say they are underseeded.
Not sure what dictates how Texas Tech is over or under seeded. As far as I am concerned they are a 13 loss team with nothing much that impresses me other than their beating Louisville and WVU.
Ohio State had a stretch where they went 1-6. How good/bad are they? Hard to know.
Other than Gonzaga, who has BYU beaten? The fact that they are ranked 14 is surprising but I have to agree, the 14th ranked team should be a 4 seed. I don't think they will be.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Yoeli Childs is why they will be underseeded. If he was eligible all year, you're probably looking at a 4-5 loss team instead of 7. 14th in the polls is a result of how good they are right now. The 6 seed they will probably be in the tourney is a result of going 8-5 without him.
randylahey

Post by randylahey »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:58 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:36 pm Having all 3 would be better than having just 2. Unless you're trying to buy regional tickets.
I think I'm just saying what you're saying, a different way: the real risk for us is if a 2- or 3-line quality team slips to being our 4.

Which is very much a reason to choose Houston, I think (and, you would note I'm sure, it would be even better reason to choose LA).
houston would be a fun match up. play our old buddy quentin grimes. i could see the committee doing that. but i don't think they will be that high of a seed if you are implying them being a 4 seed
Lonestarjayhawk

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

Kentucky would be a dangerous 3 seed
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

We’ve lapped the field, remember? Who cares who is in our region.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

I hope Northern Colorado gets to tourney.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

randylahey wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 6:56 pm

houston would be a fun match up. play our old buddy quentin grimes. i could see the committee doing that. but i don't think they will be that high of a seed if you are implying them being a 4 seed
Decent chance they’re in an 8/9 game somewhere. I guess one downside to choosing Houston is we wouldn’t get them.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:05 pm

Decent chance they’re in an 8/9 game somewhere. I guess one downside to choosing Houston is we wouldn’t get them.
Not if they are in the 8/9 game. That would be the second round in Omaha.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Down goes BYU.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

NDballer13 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:48 pm
jfish26 wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:05 pm

Not if they are in the 8/9 game. That would be the second round in Omaha.
Right, but the school itself is the “host” of the South regional. I thought that precluded them being seeded there (which is why we have the Big 12 be the “host” at Sprint Center, for example).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Correct. They will not be in the South regional at all because hey are hosting.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG