Where's the petri dish thread?

Coffee talk.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Where's the petri dish thread?

Post by Shirley »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:07 pm just got back from two grocery stores (wasn’t about to brave costco)

cashiers said they’ve never been so busy...not for christmas, super bowl, or anything
Went to Costco (again) yesterday, and while it wasn't nearly as bad as I'd heard in other states, the lines to check out were the longest I've ever seen, anywhere.

(I now have more protein in my freezers than "I've ever seen" before, too.)
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:40 pm
Feral wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:29 pm Where's the "Today In So Much Winning", thread?

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/12381534 ... tfw">March

https://twitter.com/ThePainReport/statu ... tfw">March
This is what none of the dumbfucks get: this panic is about the virus. Fix the virus (or the contagion, the closures, etc.) and the panic stops. Anything else/less is going to do nothing.
qft
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Unfricking believable that I can't watch the 5:30pm National news in Chicago because the city decided to have a presser at this time.
Ooops! Just as I typed that NBC decided to cut away. CBS and ABC did not. They can blow a goat in a Wuhan market.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:54 pm The million dollar question in my neck of the woods:

what if they close the ski resorts??
Then I lose thousands of dollars.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

twocoach wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:33 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:54 pm The million dollar question in my neck of the woods:

It's kinda cute but kinda telling that every one of your posts on this subject is about how it affects you personally.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Dumb question time.
Why are mayors and governors of different cities and states limiting public gatherings to vastly different numbers?
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

I am, I said.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Rival gangs or Viral gangs!
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:41 pm
twocoach wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:33 pm

It's kinda cute but kinda telling that every one of your posts on this subject is about how it affects you personally.
That is not an accurate statement. Regardless, this is what is going on in my life, just as with everyone else.

As for the impact to the community at large, I really dont have a lot to say about that yet because it would be pure speculation to say anything more than "this is gonna hurt really bad all over". I cant even wrap my brain around the economic impact.

It's too early for that. Right now it is all about getting our own personal ducks in a row to make sure that we can all move forward in a responsible manner so that we are able to take the appropriate steps necessary to reduce the risk that we dont catch the virus so that those who are a higher risk
dont catch this from me.

It would be irresponsible of me to not be aware of my financial risk points right now. I cant do my job to keep customers abilities to use their debit and credit cards still if I do not stay on top of my own situation.

But you'll never pass up a low hanging chance to throw out an attempted put down, will you?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

My workday ended with several Ski vacations booked precisely because their work and/or school was closed.

Sorry but y’all are defeating the purpose here.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

And after what they’ve done to basketball, Disneyland, and everything else that’s good, what do y’all think they’re about to do to the ski resorts?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Goddamnit, keep everybody uninformed. That's just infuriating. I can't believe one F'kin thing my government is telling me.
What happened to the truth.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

There is a poster on reddit claiming that his nurse wife is currently caring for 3 confirmed patients at the VA in KCMO.

It's everywhere, but most of us knew that.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Geezer wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:03 pm Goddamnit, keep everybody uninformed. That's just infuriating. I can't believe one F'kin thing my government is telling me.
What happened to the truth.
Or maybe it just means that he had never been tested prior to dying. Not everything is a giant conspiracy.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Anand Giridharadas
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

twocoach wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:24 pmNot everything is a giant conspiracy.
Chiefs win the Super Bowl and the world ends.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:22 am
Ghost of dotNET past wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:32 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 8:29 am I know this isn’t the pols board and I try to stay away from the topic but, fucking Trump man.
I'm still confused what is going on based on his address last night. It seems like I can travel, but maybe not?

Perhaps the stress of this whole thing finally finishes the job along the last 45 years of pounding BigMacs
He looked unwell last night.

Or unweller than usual.
"Given the market's reaction, this was the most expensive speech given from the oval office in history."

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1 ... tfw">March
Anand Giridharadas
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

The Kush and Steven Miller wrote the script.