Jayhawks in the NBA

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: Jawhawks in the NBA

Post by ousdahl »

Graham always seemed like a grandma’s boy.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Geezer wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:53 pm In case you missed it Gutman, it's 2020 now.
Fully aware and have no issue with anyone who gets high - as long as it doesn't negatively affect them or me.
Problem is in 2020 the NBA frowns upon their athletes smoking weed. To the point of after the first "offense" punishments kick in.

Like I basically said, I'm cool with Devonte' doing whatever he chooses in terms of smoking weed.
Just felt it was kind of foolish to post a "story" on Instagram with a hooka (and weed?) in the background. I didn't mention he had a homeboy sitting crashed on a chair/couch in the background and someone asking him if he's cool. I laughed.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Grandma bro the weed only exists in your parentheses.
Soklous

Post by Soklous »

Well, and the NBA government works better than ours.

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/stat ... 82209?s=21
I am, I said.
Deleted User 289

Nothing going on in the NBA so Bleacher Report felt the need to give Marcus some love/hate last night.
I'm an NBA player and he does that to me (first the elbow then the bash on the head with the ball) I throw a punch - unless I'm a pussy bitch. What happens? You get suspended for a few games? Pffft.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_JU_ffJGdn/?
Deleted User 289

Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Hard work pays off. He's a killer. I think he can continue to get better and better.
Deleted User 310

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CAgAM46neb ... 9d1bx5tm2m

Interesting little clip about Pierce trying to fight lebron back in the day.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Hornets GM Mitch Kupchak said there hasn't been any contract extension talks with Devonte' Graham yet.

This doesn't mean they won't happen and Kupchak was impressed with Graham this season, calling him a "pleasant surprise." There isn't much pressure for the Hornets to get an extension done right now though with the team holding a $1.6M option on Graham for the 2020-21 season followed by a qualifying offer of $2M in 2021-22. Graham will be a candidate for the Most Improved Player Award, averaging 18.2 points, 7.5 assists, 1.0 steals and 3.5 triples after spending the bulk of his time in the G League his rookie season.

rotoworld.com/
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah he'll have to have another prove it type of year, and then can go into FA and get some serious money. He'll either get it from Charlotte or some team. My feeling is that he'll stick around family in the Charlotte area if he had a choice.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:39 am Yeah he'll have to have another prove it type of year, and then can go into FA and get some serious money. He'll either get it from Charlotte or some team. My feeling is that he'll stick around family in the Charlotte area if he had a choice.
I would hold out if they want another prove-it year. But yes, he'll give them a discount to stay home.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

https://www.rotoworld.com/

"NBA insider Shams Charania said recently that Nets interim coach Jacque Vaughn will be given "a legitimate opportunity to win [the head coach] job."

Tyronn Lue has been mentioned as another candidate for the Brooklyn job, along with Jason Kidd, Mark Jackson and even Tom Thibodeau. “This is a guy that comes from the Spurs background," said Charania. "[He] has the same pedigree as [Nets GM] Sean Marks." The 'interim coach' tag is typically a temporary one, but it sounds like Vaughn has a chance to earn the job permanently."

Vaughn coaching Kyrie and Durant?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Man Jaque was screwed in Orlando. They tore down and rebuilt. Right after Stan was fired and Dwight was traded. He was the guinea pig as they went through all that.

I'd love to see him get another shot. Don't think Brooklyn wants a coach with a previously horrible HC record as the permanent coach.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

If I’m Brooklyn I see if Nick Collison has any interest. For any seat on that bench.
Deleted User 310

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:42 pm If I’m Brooklyn I see if Nick Collison has any interest. For any seat on that bench.
because of his relationship with KD?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I don't see Nick wanting to live in Brooklyn/NYC area.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:54 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:42 pm If I’m Brooklyn I see if Nick Collison has any interest. For any seat on that bench.
Yes. Everything else is secondary.
Deleted User 310

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:59 pm
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:54 pm
Yes. Everything else is secondary.
Ya. Makes me think Jacque must have pretty good relationships with kyrie and KD for them to come out and say he's got a shot at the head coaching position past this year.