COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
jhawks99
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by jhawks99 »

Lobster and those of his ilk are not helping.
Defense. Rebounds.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I forget. Did he say they bought a ton and are now price-gouging?

Fucking insane.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Yes, he did. To his family in China.

I can't think of anything more discusting.
Defense. Rebounds.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

From Rick Wilson:

Me to a friend: “You doing ok?”

Friend: “You got ammo?”

Me: “Duh. You keeping busy?”

Friend: “Just checking Craiglist for goats and chickens.”

Me: laughs

Me: checks craigslist for goats and chickens
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:32 pm I forget. Did he say they bought a ton and are now price-gouging?

Fucking insane.
He was boasting about it. Some of us called him out on it.

"If anyone on here wants to make a little money on a side hustle, start buying those masks wherever you can find them and sell them to Calfiornia and China".

"My wife is Chinese and the Chinese knew about the demand for masks far before you or most Americans did. We made some good coin with her relatives in China, I'll leave it at that".

"There's always huge opportunity when there's a crisis, you just have to be intelligent enough to take advantage, and that's the problem. You still have opportunity to make some money, but you're not going to make 50,000 like we did".

"It hurts that you weren't intelligent enough to take advantage. So glad I married an intelligent woman. :D"
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

On a brighter note, Lobster will have to live with the daily question on his mind of how many California deaths could be attributed to his avarice.

JK, he has no empathy or compassion.
shindig

Post by shindig »

I think being locked up is getting on everybody's nerves. I just got home from walking my dog. He pooped, I picked it up in a baggy, and the homeowner came out and yelled at me for not picking up his 💩. I was like, what the fvck do you think this is in the baggy? He then said, I can see it 2 feet from you. I told him that looked like 2 day old 💩 and it wasn't my responsibility to pick up for others. He then walked inside yelling, I'm calling animal control. Fvck some people.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

defixione wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:30 am On a brighter note, Lobster will have to live with the daily question on his mind of how many California deaths could be attributed to his avarice.

Just imagine if it had actually happened.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KC Metro stay at home effective Tuesday. Stay safe Folks
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

For the average American
if you wonder if you have coronavirus
the best way to find out is to cough in a rich person’s face

and wait for their results.
Don't inject Lysol.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

seahawk wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:16 am For the average American
if you wonder if you have coronavirus
the best way to find out is to cough in a rich person’s face

and wait for their results.
That's classic
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

defixione wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:30 am On a brighter note, Lobster will have to live with the daily question on his mind of how many California deaths could be attributed to his avarice.

I saw lobster this morning. His ramblings reminded me of an old movie I saw once.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awthjYwVAr4
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:44 am

Just imagine if it had actually happened.
My thoughts exactly.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Mrs. Fish and I were (self-) overserved on Friday night. I don't think we'll be doing that again - the usual hangover anxiety when applied to existential dread and constant reminders of how badly we're mismanaging this crisis is simply not worth it.

I played lacrosse catch with the boy for about 45 minutes today. It's been important to us to find a way to keep everyone active.

We're steeling for another week - we're quite lucky that each of us can work from home, and has more to do than time to do it in. Distance learning begins tomorrow for the older kids, who have been absolutely unbelievable around the house and with the baby.

Just a dispatch from Casa Pescado.
japhy
Contributor

Post by japhy »

We just heard from my sister who is a nurse in one of the largest acute care facilities in the KC metro area. They just ran out of masks; doctors, nurses, med techs are all on their own right now, they have no idea where or when they will get more. They have multiple patients with Covid 19 in the hospital and the thousand or so workers there are soldiering on without simple proper safety supplies.

We are to the point of taking personal inventory and my wife knows there are 6 in a box in a shed out at JCCC she uses at work. No idea how we would get them to the hospital right now.

That's where we are now folks.....scrounging for masks in storage sheds to protect the friends and family working in acute care hospitals.
I saw the worst minds of my generation empowered by madness, bloated farcical naked,
dragging themselves through the whitewashed streets at dawn looking for a grievance fix.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

I spose ill drag myself to work tomorrow in protest awaiting an official shutdown order from the governor. Cant apply for future unemployment if ya quit!
Just Ledoux it
defixione
Contributor

Post by defixione »

I don't know if my trim carpenters should keep working or not. Lawrence shuts down like KC on Tuesday.

https://www2.ljworld.com/
NLowrider

Post by NLowrider »

Vega wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:33 pm Just curious, generally, does my lung issues being worse laying on my back mean anything. I really struggled during my peak to lay back at all. However, if I was on my stomach like below, I felt 10x better. It was very weird to me.
I'm experiencing the same Vega. Both my wife and I are about 100% certain we have the virus but the hospital will only test people with severe symptoms. We had only commuted between Lawrence and KC so it's definitely a local spread. The real outbreak numbers are so skewed at the moment it's ridiculous.
Deleted User 307

Post by Deleted User 307 »

Fuck NL, wishing you and your wife the best. I agree, numbers, at least in until January 2021, will never show the true spread of this thing in the US.

I feel almost 100% now, except I still have a lingering cough that gets worst throughout the day. My wife didn't get hit nearly as hard as me, but she was was preparing for a marathon, so she was already running about 40-50 miles a week, while my slob ass was neglecting the gym. It seemed like her peak was on Friday, and she barely complained at all. On Monday, I nearly went to the hospital it was so bad, but I was trying to help my team with a project, and felt well enough not to go by the afternoon, and started getting better after that.

My advice would just to listen to your body. If you don't have "severe" for the hospital to give a damn, try and take it as easy as you can, and find what works. I laid on my stomach a ton during my worst period, and had to lean forward at my desk to be comfortable when I was working.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

NLowrider wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:01 pm
Vega wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:33 pm Just curious, generally, does my lung issues being worse laying on my back mean anything. I really struggled during my peak to lay back at all. However, if I was on my stomach like below, I felt 10x better. It was very weird to me.
I'm experiencing the same Vega. Both my wife and I are about 100% certain we have the virus but the hospital will only test people with severe symptoms. We had only commuted between Lawrence and KC so it's definitely a local spread. The real outbreak numbers are so skewed at the moment it's ridiculous.
Cripes.

Get well, NL.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto