COVID-19 - On the Ground

Coffee talk.
shindig

Re: COVID-19 - On the Ground

Post by shindig »

Grandma wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:29 pm
shindig wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:41 pm Just ran to CVS and bought $50 of candy...just had an urge for some sweets, so grabbed some skittles, nerds, bottlecaps, twix and snickers. I think I'm good now. And a couple big bags of beef jerky...saving those for when the world collapse.
Bacteria and viruses thrive on sugar. Just sayin'.
Hey - I'm long a bunch of candy too.
Also just bought a shit load of jerky from my guys (B.U.L.K).

As I have said to my mother too many times when she has given me shit for what I eat, "I would rather die young eating what makes me happy than live long eating what I don't enjoy eating".
I know. I think my blood sugar was low, because I was really craving some sweets. I needed to get a few things from CVS anyway, still couldn't find any tp.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

chiknbut wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:23 pm Just a matter of time?

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1242181578891157504
Of course, what the source fails to mention is that he and his wife took fish tank cleaning solution that CONTAINS chloroquine, NOT the medication itself.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:30 pm

Of course, what the source fails to mention is that he and his wife took fish tank cleaning solution that CONTAINS chloroquine, NOT the medication itself.
...The man's wife told NBC News she'd watched televised briefings during which President Trump talked about the potential benefits of chloroquine. Even though no drugs are approved to prevent or treat COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, some early research suggests it may be useful as a therapy.

"We were afraid of getting sick."

The name "chloroquine" resonated with the man's wife, who asked that her name not be used to protect the family's privacy. She'd used it previously to treat her koi fish.

"I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?'"

The couple — both in their 60s and potentially at higher risk for complications of the virus — decided to mix a small amount of the substance with a liquid and drink it as a way to prevent the coronavirus.

"We were afraid of getting sick," she said.

Within 20 minutes, both became extremely ill, at first feeling "dizzy and hot."

"I started vomiting," the woman told NBC News. "My husband started developing respiratory problems and wanted to hold my hand."

She called 911. The emergency responders "were asking a lot of questions" about what they'd consumed. "I was having a hard time talking, falling down."

Shortly after he arrived at the hospital, her husband died.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Feral wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:12 pm

...The man's wife told NBC News she'd watched televised briefings during which President Trump talked about the potential benefits of chloroquine. Even though no drugs are approved to prevent or treat COVID-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus, some early research suggests it may be useful as a therapy.

The name "chloroquine" resonated with the man's wife, who asked that her name not be used to protect the family's privacy. She'd used it previously to treat her koi fish.

"I saw it sitting on the back shelf and thought, 'Hey, isn't that the stuff they're talking about on TV?'"

The couple — both in their 60s and potentially at higher risk for complications of the virus — decided to mix a small amount of the substance with a liquid and drink it as a way to prevent the coronavirus.

"I started vomiting," the woman told NBC News. "My husband started developing respiratory problems and wanted to hold my hand."

She called 911. The emergency responders "were asking a lot of questions" about what they'd consumed. "I was having a hard time talking, falling down."

So, it is the President’s fault that two grown adults were dumb enough to ingest koi pond cleaner from a container that no doubt clearly said that it was NOT for human consumption? DJT has not done a great job with the pandemic, but some of the things people are trying to pin on him seriously stretch the limits of credulity.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

where do you think they got the idea?
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:26 am where do you think they got the idea?
I read probably ten articles online about chloroquine, hydrochloroquine, and the azithromycin combinations that same day. Since I don’t watch the news, I heard nothing about it from the POTUS. It was all over CNN, Wall Street Journal, and Newsweek online, just to name the ones that readily come to mind. It was not Fox News and DJT going off the rails.

He was trying to give people hope and calm their panic. If people are too dumb to do some basic research on their own, use common sense, or better yet, call their physician and ask about it, then there’s not much the POTUS can do.
Deleted User 307

Post by Deleted User 307 »

"'Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure': Woman whose husband died after ingesting chloroquine warns the public not to 'believe anything that the president says'"

https://www.businessinsider.com/coronav ... reddit.com

The wife of an Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate to protect himself from the novel coronavirus spoke out Monday to urge the public not to "take anything" or "believe anything" without talking to a healthcare professional.

"We saw Trump on TV — every channel — and all of his buddies and that this was safe," the woman told NBC News' Vaughn Hillyard of President Donald Trump. "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."

NBC News reported that the man, 68, and his wife, 61, took chloroquine to guard against the novel coronavirus, which causes a potentially fatal disease known as COVID-19. It's not clear how much chloroquine the man ingested, and Banner Health said he and his wife ingested a version of the chemical that's used to clean aquariums.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Vega wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:48 am
"'Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure': Woman whose husband died after ingesting chloroquine warns the public not to 'believe anything that the president says'"

The wife of an Arizona man who died after ingesting chloroquine phosphate to protect himself from the novel coronavirus spoke out Monday to urge the public not to "take anything" or "believe anything" without talking to a healthcare professional.

"We saw Trump on TV — every channel — and all of his buddies and that this was safe," the woman told NBC News' Vaughn Hillyard of President Donald Trump. "Trump kept saying it was basically pretty much a cure."

NBC News reported that the man, 68, and his wife, 61, took chloroquine to guard against the novel coronavirus, which causes a potentially fatal disease known as COVID-19. It's not clear how much chloroquine the man ingested, and Banner Health said he and his wife ingested a version of the chemical that's used to clean aquariums.
I understand you all are trying to make political hay while the proverbial sun is shining, but this is just beyond the pale. SMH.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

In a sample size of 350mm or whatever, you're going to have some idiots who really do believe he knows what he's talking about. In that subset, you'll have some bad outcomes.
Deleted User 307

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:35 am In a sample size of 350mm or whatever, you're going to have some idiots who really do believe he knows what he's talking about. In that subset, you'll have some bad outcomes.
Probably why he should let the experts talk and he should go play golf in his Westchester Club
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Vega wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:40 am
jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:35 am In a sample size of 350mm or whatever, you're going to have some idiots who really do believe he knows what he's talking about. In that subset, you'll have some bad outcomes.
Probably why he should let the experts talk and he should go play golf in his Westchester Club
I would be all in favor of him delegating all relevant powers to Pence, and fucking right off to the golf course.
Deleted User 307

They guy who says we can pray the gay away? Can we just put Fauci in charge and let him take over for good?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Vega wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:50 am They guy who says we can pray the gay away? Can we just put Fauci in charge and let him take over for good?
Well sure, of course, yes that would be my preference. But Pence would be better than what we've got, which is a guy using rambling, know-nothing pressers as an emotional stand-in for rallies, and making decisions based on his business and personal interests.

A "normal" dummy like Pence would be a massive, massive improvement.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

You people are insane.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:21 am
Feral wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:12 pm

So, it is the President’s fault that two grown adults were dumb enough to ingest koi pond cleaner from a container that no doubt clearly said that it was NOT for human consumption? DJT has not done a great job with the pandemic, but some of the things people are trying to pin on him seriously stretch the limits of credulity.
Honestly, yes, it is. The country is full of scared, worried, uninformed people and when you give them ignorant I formation and treat it as if it is valid information, you shouldn't be surprised when people treat it is valid information. This is why our President needs to STFU because he has no actual valid information that would help people.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

jfish26 wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:42 am
Vega wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:40 am
I would be all in favor of him delegating all relevant powers to Pence, and fucking right off to the golf course.
Pence is as deliberately ignorant to all things science and logic as Trump.
Deleted User 307

Hush TwoCoach. Saying that people listen to the president is overtly political, and will no be tolerated.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

Vega wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:48 am

Let's put aside this specific case, and consider for a moment just how absurd this picture is. In fact, "absurd": utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false... doesn't begin to describe it.

Try to imagine any, any other possible circumstance where we would ever let someone with no education or training in pharmacology or medicine dominate our airways for at least an hour on a daily basis promoting a prescription drug regimen. Any. Pharmacology is complicated, a challenge. Drug interactions, adjusting the dose due to liver or kidney dysfunction, side effects, etc., etc. If anyone this uninformed showed up at a medical, law, science, research, hackers, engineering, et al., convention as a speaker and spouted unproven and potentially harmful information, none of us would listen for long, we'd walk out en masse, or shout the person down. We all have too much self-respect to allow someone to waste our time like that.

And I get that he's our president, and he has every right to speak to us as much and about whatever he wants. But really? He's standing there promoting an untested and unapproved treatment while experts on the subject are standing there next to him. And despite Dr. Fauci and Dr. Berx trying to limit the damage he's doing by trying to correct him both during and after nearly every briefing, he comes back the next day to subject us to more of the same propaganda.

On many previous occasions over the years here and at .net and .com, I have repeated what every 2nd year medical student hears over and over again: "Drugs are poisons with desirable side effects.". And, "Whatever we want the drug to do we call its "effects", and whatever we don't want it to do we call its "side effects".

We deserve better than this. Everyday. That we don't demand it is on us. And now, with a pandemic approaching, our fate is in the hands of malignant narcissist, pathological liar? Aren't we proud.

God help us...
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:37 am
I read probably ten articles online about chloroquine, hydrochloroquine, and the azithromycin combinations that same day. Since I don’t watch the news, I heard nothing about it from the POTUS. It was all over CNN, Wall Street Journal, and Newsweek online, just to name the ones that readily come to mind. It was not Fox News and DJT going off the rails.

He was trying to give people hope and calm their panic. If people are too dumb to do some basic research on their own, use common sense, or better yet, call their physician and ask about it, then there’s not much the POTUS can do.
If his base was made up of people that researched the claims made by Donald Trump then Hillary Clinton would be President.