2020 offseason thread

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: 2020 offseason thread

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NCAA thing is holding everything up.

Without knowing every detail, I'd think the right course of action here is keep kicking the litigation stuff down the road, let the NCAA punishment be decided, and then soon after, mediate and settle the Beaty suit.
vmlb

Post by vmlb »

Baty testified that KU was in a financial bind when Long was hired. Kind of ironic that KU couldn't afford to pay Beaty, mainly because he was such a crappy coach, that he didn't make any money for the school.
This whole thing shows me that Long is not intelligent enough to be a good AD.

Hard to believe that Baty would want to knowingly do harm to his old school.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Covid thought: Canceling 2020 NCAAF would be great for our roster problem.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

how likely is it that college football is cancelled?

asking cuz I'm curious, and also cuz I'm the last poster to respond on every other bored, so might as well bump this one too.

somebody effing talk to me!
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:30 am how likely is it that college football is cancelled?

asking cuz I'm curious, and also cuz I'm the last poster to respond on every other bored, so might as well bump this one too.

People are upset about church gatherings. You think that having 100,000 people gather is going to be allowed? I don't see it happenning unless something drastic changes.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:09 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:30 am how likely is it that college football is cancelled?

People are upset about church gatherings. You think that having 100,000 people gather is going to be allowed? I don't see it happenning unless something drastic changes.
Maybe KU could still host games since we don't draw many fans.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We would have the advantage of being used to no crowds.

Spring ball is obviously not happening. Fall Practices start in the summers usually. There are over 100 players on most football teams then you add in 25-50 coaches, staff members, trainers, often in indoor facilities: that shit ain't happening. Maybe Goodell does that, but universities won't.

Fans need to prepare for the real possibility NCAAF doesn't happen in the fall.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

We can say the KU FB 2020 team went undefeated.

They cancel CFB I'm going to cry. They cancel the NFL all hell may break loose.

Positive note. I will save the 300'ish that I was going to use for season tickets.
Holidaysmore - 2005
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Lost the ncaa tourney. No other sporting event approaches that for me. So, the worst thing imaginable sports-wise already happened for me.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:43 pm Lost the ncaa tourney. No other sporting event approaches that for me. So, the worst thing imaginable sports-wise already happened for me.
I hope you're right, because right now the life of our basketball program rests in the hands of a bunch of fucking idiots in Indianapolis.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:46 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:43 pm Lost the ncaa tourney. No other sporting event approaches that for me. So, the worst thing imaginable sports-wise already happened for me.
I hope you're right, because right now the life of our basketball program rests in the hands of a bunch of fucking idiots in Indianapolis.
Even if we get a postseason ban, unless the ncaa announces it days before selection Sunday when we're the overall number one, I'm not sure how it could be worse.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:54 pm
Even if we get a postseason ban, unless the ncaa announces it days before selection Sunday when we're the overall number one, I'm not sure how it could be worse.
3+ year postseason ban + 5-year show cause for Bill.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:56 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:54 pm

3+ year postseason ban + 5-year show cause for Bill.
There is still a tournament though.

This year was much much worse than the back to back first round losses for example.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Also, my response would be anger. Not sadness. It's really an apples or oranges comparison.

PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

Besides my point was more that, cancelling NFL, ncaaf, mlb, nba, etc. Are easier to take than college basketball.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:03 pm Besides my point was more that, cancelling NFL, ncaaf, mlb, nba, etc. Are easier to take than college basketball.
Gotcha. The NCAAB tournament is pretty special. I wouldn't miss NCAAF for a second. It's actually pretty disruptive and it's gross. I'd miss MLB quite a bit b/c of the consistency.

I'm much more of a KU basketball fan than CBB fan. Tourney or no tourney, the program becoming St. John's is the worst it gets for KU fans, sports-wise, imo.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:08 pm
PhDhawk wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:03 pm Besides my point was more that, cancelling NFL, ncaaf, mlb, nba, etc. Are easier to take than college basketball.
Gotcha. The NCAAB tournament is pretty special. I wouldn't miss NCAAF for a second. It's actually pretty disruptive and it's gross. I'd miss MLB quite a bit b/c of the consistency.

I'm much more of a KU basketball fan than CBB fan. Tourney or no tourney, the program becoming St. John's is the worst it gets for KU fans, sports-wise, imo.

God damnit, when did you join the MICH/illy club?

Nothing major is going to happen to our program. Maybe a scholarship/visit reduction, but that’s its
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Cascadia wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:45 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:08 pm

God damnit, when did you join the MICH/illy club?

Nothing major is going to happen to our program. Maybe a scholarship/visit reduction, but that’s its
???

I'm making a hypothetical doomsday scenario, not a prediction. Calm down.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

These days I'm more of a football guy (collegiate and professional) - both from a playing and coaching stand point. Can't believe I'm saying this but probably more than KU Basketball.

Now KUBB becoming St. John's would be an absolute 'end of the world' scenario. Speaking of 'end of the world' scenarios it appears we could be headed towards a four game renewal with Mizzou for football.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

From what I've heard through the grapevine, KU is not wanting to fully commit and sign unless this is played on campus. It'd be dumb to play this in Arrowhead. Play it on campus, that will bring the true rivalry back. Then if it's close to any version of success, you can play it at Arrowhead every 3rd year.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG