My Messageboard Life

Kansas Basketball.
Soklous

My Messageboard Life

Post by Soklous »

My KU Messageboard life started 17 years ago for one reason. To see the status of Keith Langfords knee for the 2003 Final Four.

I searched high and low for any information or update. KU was keeping info tight.

I found a place on the back end of KUsports.com calling itself a “Messageboard”.

There I found a “doctor” claiming that Langford had gone into “kidney failure” from all the pain killers KU Staff made him take to push through the knee injury. He wouldn’t play in the Final Four at all.

What???? I was floored. How could they be so irresponsible?

Then I found dozens of KU fans sticking it to this “doctor” like I’ve never seen. Calling him every name in the book. It was internet drama I had never seen. And I never missed a day after.

The point of this...

Keith has now gone full circle and shares the inside of those days that I was interested in.

https://twitter.com/keith_langford/stat ... 57926?s=20
I am, I said.
ousdahl

Re: My Messageboard Life

Post by ousdahl »

good post and good twitter thread.

fuckin Roy didn't even see his team after the game until he announced he was leaving? that guy couldn't give a shit about Kansas.

but for real Keith ends with with complaining about a ref?
Soklous

Re: My Messageboard Life

Post by Soklous »

Refs... Keith always keeps it real.

Sadly, IMO, right or wrong... Roy just considered himself the adult and treated the players like kids. On all topics.
I am, I said.