The Worst People in the World...

Coffee talk.
ousdahl

Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by ousdahl »

yeah, I explained that to my dad. I mentioned all the people dying but not counted cuz they can't get tested or get into a hospital, to which dad replied, "just like every year with the flu..."
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

what gets me, is that somehow the entire world is out to get trump

buncha snowflakes
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

People who pull this crap are the worst people in the world.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/09/tech/ins ... index.html

In late March, Instacart worker Annaliisa Arambula accepted a grocery order that came with a big tip: $55. The store was just down the street, everything the customer wanted was available, and the order seemed to go off without a hitch.

But an hour later, Arambula checked her earnings on the Instacart app and the entire tip was gone, with a message saying the "customer modified the tip post-delivery." She ended up making just $8.95 from Instacart on the order.
Defense. Rebounds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I'm surprised a customer can even do that post-delivery.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

and if customers can leave reviews for the workers, can't workers do the same for customers?

that would clear up the tip baiting in a hurry.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:11 pm and if customers can leave reviews for the workers, can't workers do the same for customers?

I think the workers should be able to come back and do one of these:
https://youtu.be/zjj0ltf5Src
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I condone no violence.

but once the pandemic is over — if, say, the asshole who stiffed someone cuz of no toilet paper were to get severely TP’d, right before a rainstorm, with the good stuff too, ultra soft 2-ply, 12 is actually 24 rolls, pack after pack, even in the back yard trees — that’s between them and karma.
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:11 pm and if customers can leave reviews for the workers, can't workers do the same for customers?

Uber and Lyft drivers can leave ratings for customers
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

yeah, scummy feature.

Either let workers review/blacklist such customers, or do away with the post-delivery bullshit altogether.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

It was inevitable that any sign of social distancing doing good things would give some people ammo to say: "See, we never needed it!"
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ballsy to say for a guy in the age group that gets killed by Covid-19 about 15% of the time.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:23 am It was inevitable that any sign of social distancing doing good things would give some people ammo to say: "See, we never needed it!"
Using Big Bill's numbers, approximately 164 people died per day due to "the flu" last year and the year before. And we have a voluntary vaccine.

Last week we had a single day where 2,000 people died from Covid-19.

I dunno. Maybe I just don't understand the math. Someone feel free to explain.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Anyone else find the irony that the guy is the former Secretary of Education and he is poorly educated on the subject that he's preaching about?
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Currently 516,000 active cases.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

chiknbut wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 10:45 am This is getting fucking maddening.

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1 ... 2295944193
A new Pew poll shows that nearly 30% of Americans polled still think that this virus was man-made in a lab. Gee, I wonder what percentage of them vote Team (R)?

The disinformation campaign continues to work on a shockingly large chunk of Americans. And what's worse is that much of that chunk probably considers themselves to be better informed than everyone else because they see what's "really" happening. So sad and dangerous.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

chiknbut wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:43 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:23 am It was inevitable that any sign of social distancing doing good things would give some people ammo to say: "See, we never needed it!"
Using Big Bill's numbers, approximately 164 people died per day due to "the flu" last year and the year before. And we have a voluntary vaccine.

Last week we had a single day where 2,000 people died from Covid-19.

I dunno. Maybe I just don't understand the math. Someone feel free to explain.
Several things.

I'm tired of people downplaying the flu. It's a pretty bad illness that kills a lot of people. If anything, the number of people who die annually from the flu should serve as a reason to get the vaccine. It's really a shockingly high number given there's a vaccine for it. We've just become used to it....also, this is a reason we should stop saying "flu-like" symptoms when someone is vomitting or having diarrhea. Let's save flu for influenza.

These number are comparing a year of flu, to, essentially a couple months of Covid-19. A big reason we don't have to shut things down for the flu is that so many are immune it can't spread as fast. No one has immunity to this corona virus.

And the numbers are where they are largely because we shut the economy down. The initial infections in England show what happens if you do nothing, and it was on its way to being devastating.

There are salient arguments that can be made for scaling back some of our efforts, or easing up on restrictions in certain spots, but this is just silly.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Seems a lot deadlier than influenza, as well, for certain age groups.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 12:31 pm Seems a lot deadlier than influenza, as well, for certain age groups.
yeah, basically 10X worse if you use the data from S. Korea, which is probably most meaningful given their widespread early testing.