This Should Be Good.....

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 89

Re: This Should Be Good.....

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:27 am And my hate for lebron has little to do with my vote for MJ as goat. Its more about him being a little whiny bitch.
^^^^^^^^
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

TraditionKU wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:55 am
TDub wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:27 am And my hate for lebron has little to do with my vote for MJ as goat. Its more about him being a little whiny bitch.
^^^^^^^^
I always laugh when this is the reason. There's not a player to ever play any professional sport that hasn't whined and complained to officials, lol. It's whining for one person and competitive for another.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Ita not just the whining to officials. Its whining about everything. He was bitching about not playing because there would be no fans. Jordan had games in a gym with no fans, no media, no anyone but players there during the filming of space jam that were, according to those there, incredibly competitive. James whines about everything there is to whine about, not just officials.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

it’s a generational thing

that, and growing up his entire life being told he’s the greatest
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meh.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

NDballer13 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:44 am
^^^^^^^^
I always laugh when this is the reason. There's not a player to ever play any professional sport that hasn't whined and complained to officials, lol. It's whining for one person and competitive for another.
Big difference between whining and going off on a ref/official because he/she blatantly fucked up.
If I recall correctly, you yourself were a college player. Yes? No? Were you cool with someone who whined and felt it was because they were "competitive"?
If anything, I feel a whiner is less competitive.
I have mad respect for LeBron James skills. One of the 3 best players I have seen play in my lifetime.
I have zero respect for him in two regards. 1) Too often he plays like he's a crybaby pussy. 2) Too often LeBron feels the need to make everything about him.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:03 am Ita not just the whining to officials. Its whining about everything. He was bitching about not playing because there would be no fans. Jordan had games in a gym with no fans, no media, no anyone but players there during the filming of space jam that were, according to those there, incredibly competitive. James whines about everything there is to whine about, not just officials.
The move to LAL to help movie and tv production ventures pretty much solidified for me that LeBron never was going to be my kind of player. Big fan early on b/c the talent level at his age was mind-blowing. But, almost 20 years in the league and he's just been too big of a bore.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Grandma wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:58 am

^^^^^^^^
Big difference between whining and going off on a ref/official because he/she blatantly fucked up.
If I recall correctly, you yourself were a college player. Yes? No? Were you cool with someone who whined and felt it was because they were "competitive"?
I have mad respect for LeBron James skills. One of the 3 best players I have seen play in my lifetime.
I have zero respect for him in two regards. 1) Too often he plays like he's a crybaby pussy. 2) Too often LeBron feels the need to make everything about him.
He's an odd guy and he can completely fuck himself for the Xing James drama. Everything about that made him completely hate-able.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meanwhile Jordan cheated on his wife, cheated in casual games ( golf, cards ), was extremely difficult to be around, berated and made fun of teammates, punched teammates in the face, gambled on his own games, didn't bail out his dad when his dad was in trouble so his dad got murdered, possibly got forced out of the NBA for gambling, gambled women's virginity in dice games, was an awful tipper, sued grocery stores and generally was an egotistical asshole and terrible person.

But so smooth on the court.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

A lot of rumor stuff in there pdub. Maybe true, maybe not.
Just Ledoux it
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:39 am Meanwhile Jordan cheated on his wife, cheated in casual games ( golf, cards ), was extremely difficult to be around, berated and made fun of teammates, punched teammates in the face, gambled on his own games, didn't bail out his dad when his dad was in trouble so his dad got murdered, possibly got forced out of the NBA for gambling, gambled women's virginity in dice games, was an awful tipper, sued grocery stores and generally was an egotistical asshole and terrible person.

Some of that is alleged. Being an A-hole as a criteria would eliminate many from a "GOAT" conversation though. Some just like to pretend they are not who they actually are, LeBron, Coach K come to mind. The older I've gotten the less dislike I have for someone like Barry Bonds. Couldnt' stand that dude while he was breaking the records because everyone knew he was cheating. As Ive gotten older though, he didn't give a crap because he wasn't breaking baseballs rules and he also didn't care if people liked him. He didn't come off as holier than thou. Jordan was a competitive jerk, didn't care, and was also the GOAT. He would have mentally beat down James if they competed against each other regularly, as would of someone like Larry Bird. He(Jordan) was the best, IMO.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

So a lot of rumor stuff with Jordan but if David Griffin ( an owner spurned by LeBron ) 'CONFIRMS' that LeBron is the biggest asshole in history, it's fine.

Also not rumors: Jordan cheated on his wife, cheated in casual games, was extremely difficult to be around, berated and made fun of teammates, punched teammates in the face, was an awful tipper, sued grocery stores and generally was an egotistical asshole and terrible person.

The gambling on games/being forced out by Stern/and the bail out/father murder has some credibility behind it but yes, are rumors.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Grandma wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:58 am

^^^^^^^^
I sat the end of the bench for one year at a D2 school, if you want to count that, yes, lol. I agree that there is a difference between crying for a call when you lose the ball and reacting to an obvious missed/bad call. Does LeBron do both? Yes. Does every single other player do both? Also, yes. That's why I think it's so interesting and funny that that is the reason so many people cite as the reason for hating him.

That and "The Decision". Imagine if he didn't do it. The same people would be citing him declining a chance to raise money for that Boys & Girls Club as a reason for hating him.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I'm confident LeBron isn't as awful/cruel a human as Jordan was.
But everyone can believe what they want.
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:52 am
Also not rumors: he cheated on his wife, cheated in casual games, was extremely difficult to be around, berated and made fun of teammates, punched teammates in the face, was an awful tipper, sued grocery stores and generally was an egotistical asshole and terrible person.
Yeah thats probably most 20ish year old millionaires, but yes he was a jerk. People pay for entertainment hough and he was 100% not going to let anyone down in that department.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:52 am So a lot of rumor stuff with Jordan but if David Griffin ( an owner spurned by LeBron ) 'CONFIRMS' that LeBron is the biggest asshole in history, it's fine.

Also not rumors: Jordan cheated on his wife, cheated in casual games, was extremely difficult to be around, berated and made fun of teammates, punched teammates in the face, was an awful tipper, sued grocery stores and generally was an egotistical asshole and terrible person.

The gambling on games/being forced out by Stern/and the bail out/father murder has some credibility behind it but yes, are rumors.
I wasnt saying it confirmed anything. Just saying that people say Lebron is an asshole too.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:39 am Meanwhile Jordan cheated on his wife, cheated in casual games ( golf, cards ), was extremely difficult to be around, berated and made fun of teammates, punched teammates in the face, gambled on his own games, didn't bail out his dad when his dad was in trouble so his dad got murdered, possibly got forced out of the NBA for gambling, gambled women's virginity in dice games, was an awful tipper, sued grocery stores and generally was an egotistical asshole and terrible person.

none of which has anything to do with whining

MJ was no angel, for sure

neither was Kobe

neither was Wilt

in fact, the only “good guy” that is in the convo for GOAT might be Russell...but then, i’m sure there are unflattering stories about him as well
Deleted User 89

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:52 am So a lot of rumor stuff with Jordan but if David Griffin ( an owner spurned by LeBron ) 'CONFIRMS' that LeBron is the biggest asshole in history, it's fine.

lol at claiming subjective impressions are fact

just because he treated a person one way, or even several people one way, doesn’t mean he treated everyone that way

was MJ a terrible person to Dean Smith?