CrimsonNBlue

Re: This Should Be Good.....

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Hope so.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He treated a lot of people poorly by many many accounts.
People can turn a blind eye because they put him on a pedestal but the dude was not a good human.
Didn't stop him ( and likely aided him ) in being the basketball GOAT.
PortlandHawk

Post by PortlandHawk »

TraditionKU wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:12 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:52 am So a lot of rumor stuff with Jordan but if David Griffin ( an owner spurned by LeBron ) 'CONFIRMS' that LeBron is the biggest asshole in history, it's fine.

Also not rumors: Jordan cheated on his wife, cheated in casual games, was extremely difficult to be around, berated and made fun of teammates, punched teammates in the face, was an awful tipper, sued grocery stores and generally was an egotistical asshole and terrible person.

The gambling on games/being forced out by Stern/and the bail out/father murder has some credibility behind it but yes, are rumors.
lol at claiming subjective impressions are fact

just because he treated a person one way, or even several people one way, doesn’t mean he treated everyone that way

was MJ a terrible person to Dean Smith?
Who you treat badly says a lot about you. If you treat people above you and with power over you well, but treat those under you like shit, you are shit. If you treat everyone equally bad, the it’s far more understandable. Dean Smith had plenty of power over MJ at the time.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

ok?
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Yet Pdub defends Vick.
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:39 am Meanwhile Jordan cheated on his wife, cheated in casual games ( golf, cards ), was extremely difficult to be around, berated and made fun of teammates, punched teammates in the face, gambled on his own games, didn't bail out his dad when his dad was in trouble so his dad got murdered, possibly got forced out of the NBA for gambling, gambled women's virginity in dice games, was an awful tipper, sued grocery stores and generally was an egotistical asshole and terrible person.

But so smooth on the court.
I assume Jordan probably did cheat on his wife. You know why they got married, right?
Not saying it's ok to cheat on your wife but Juanita knew full well what she was getting in to when she married him and she was more than happy to deal with it for a long time.

He probably did cheat "in casual games" but maybe you should speak with people (such as Irv Kessler?) who he played "casual games" with - and get first hand knowledge.

I never found him to be difficult around. In fact I found him to be the opposite but I'm sure he probably was difficult to be around - some people.

He berated and made fun of some/many of his teammates as a "ploy". I'm not defending it but when you understand his motivation perhaps it might make more sense why he did it.

Who are the teammates (plural) who he punched in the face? I know of one. Steve Kerr. Have you heard Kerr's version of it?

Gambled on what games? Bulls games? Wizards games? UNC games?
I don't think so but I am more than happy to read whatever "proof" you care to share.

Didn't bail out his dad when his dad was in trouble so that's why his dad was murdered?
Really? Fact or assumption?

Possibly got forced out of the NBA for gambling I can and will give you.

Gambled women's (plural?) virginity in dice games (plural)? Ok lobster. Whatever you say.
Do you even have a fucking clue about the alleged story/s?

Was an awful tipper? According to whom? One or two people who want/ed to be relevant? Maybe he was "awful" - once or twice. Your claim is bull-shit.

Sued grocery stores (plural?)? He sued a grocery store chain and rightfully so. He won - as he should of. Do you know what he did with the money? He gave the money away.

He was an egotistical asshole? Maybe. One might accuse you and I of being egotistical assholes. We didn't accomplish what he did.

Was/is a terrible person? Probably was/is to some people.
Never was to me. He was nothing but kind and respectful the numerous interactions I've had with him. Plenty of people I can put you in touch with will dispute your claim.

I can only speak for myself when I say, I never thought MJ was a saint and I never claimed he was.
Like all people, he has faults.
Do you think by criticizing LeBron I am absolving MJ? I'm not - at all.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Vick went to KU.
And he doesn't nearly have the history of bad behavior that MJ does.
And Vick by no means was my favorite player, not even close, I just thought he was a better player than most people made him out to be. A good player in fact.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I won't be reading any of that gutter but good on you.
Deleted User 289

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:54 am I'm confident LeBron isn't as awful/cruel a human as Jordan was.
But everyone can believe what they want.
I might (even probably) agree with you that LeBron isn't as awful/cruel a human as Jordan was.
And?
I don't think LeBron is a bad guy. I think he can be an absolute douche sometimes but overall- he's probably a pretty good guy.
And?
Deleted User 289

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:43 pm I won't be reading any of that gutter but good on you.
Of course you won't. It's the inner Donald Trump in you that shines through.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

OK.
Because I don't like MJ and because I won't read whatever long blah blah blah response detailing your love for MJ shows my inner Trump.
Got it.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Grandma wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:48 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:54 am I'm confident LeBron isn't as awful/cruel a human as Jordan was.
But everyone can believe what they want.
I might (even probably) agree with you that LeBron isn't as awful/cruel a human as Jordan was.
And?
I don't think LeBron is a bad guy. I think he can be an absolute douche sometimes but overall- he's probably a pretty good guy.
And?
That's it.
I don't like Jordan as much as I like LeBron.
I think it's funny that LeBron gets shit for being 'annoying' while Jordan gets a pass for being a bad person.
I think Jordan was a better basketball player.
Deleted User 289

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:49 pm OK.
Because I don't like MJ and because I won't read whatever long blah blah blah response detailing your love for MJ shows my inner Trump.
Got it.
My blah blah blah response wasn't detailing my love for MJ.
It was responding to what accusations you felt the need to make.
I feel your not wanting to hear/read what I posted in response to what you seemingly implied to be true/factual it is Donald Trump like. That's all.
You don't want to read it? Fine. No sweat.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Building on this give me Dirk or Tim Duncan any day when it comes to favorite players.
Or give me Travis Releford or Perry Ellis over the Morris twins.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Grandma wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:02 pm
pdub wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:49 pm OK.
Got it.
My blah blah blah response wasn't detailing my love for MJ.
It was responding to what accusations you felt the need to make.
I feel your not wanting to hear/read what I posted in response to what you seemingly implied to be true/factual it is Donald Trump like. That's all.
You don't want to read it? Fine. No sweat.
Please no politics on the bb bored.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

ptrump
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:43 pm Vick went to KU.
And he doesn't nearly have the history of bad behavior that MJ does.
And Vick by no means was my favorite player, not even close, I just thought he was a better player than most people made him out to be. A good player in fact.
So going to KU makes it ok? Got it.

Some of the "alleged" stories about him are pretty bad. Since you like uaing alleged stories I thought you'd acknowledge those
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

"And Vick by no means was my favorite player, not even close..."

"Didn't stop him [ Jordan ] ( and likely aided him ) in being the basketball GOAT."

"Building on this give me Dirk or Tim Duncan any day when it comes to favorite players.
Or give me Travis Releford or Perry Ellis over the Morris twins."

And a past quote of mine about Vick:

"I think it's fine to criticize his on the court behavior. And his off the court behavior if it's something that is hurting others."

And:

"Again, I didn’t say he’s my favorite Jayhawk or particularly likeable. You can bring up the accusation over and over - it has no bearing on what I’m arguing."
Deleted User 289

pdub is/was on to something.......
As is/was I in my response?

https://www.yardbarker.com/nba/articles ... loc=left_h
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

When people show you who they are, believe them.