ksu

Kansas Football.
shindig

Re: ksu

Post by shindig »

Memorial stadium might crumble to the ground if it got to loud.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Sure.
But Arrowhead is louder than any of the places we've mentioned.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

HouseDivided wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:53 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:51 pm It might be louder than Memorial but that's a pretty low bar.
Michigan's stadium, which houses 100k people, has never gotten louder than AFH has.
I see what you’re saying. Indoor vs. outdoor venue is a difficult comparison, though.
Then why did you say that in your first post..?

kstate gets plenty loud, but nothing that wild. Especially for an 11am kickoff.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:06 pm
pdub wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:51 pm It might be louder than Memorial but that's a pretty low bar.
Michigan's stadium, which houses 100k people, has never gotten louder than AFH has.
I see what you’re saying. Indoor vs. outdoor venue is a difficult comparison, though.
Then why did you say that in your first post..?

kstate gets plenty loud, but nothing that wild. Especially for an 11am kickoff.
It was my bad for not doing a better job of qualifying my statement.

When I used the phrase "Allen Fieldhouse loud," I assumed that those reading would automatically understand the difference between an indoor arena and an outdoor stadium. I also assumed that my comparison of the two would not be interpreted as me saying it was better.

I was just trying to convey that it is much louder than what our players are used to dealing with and that, due to the down year in Manhattan, the fans there will be loaded for bear.

Obviously, I failed.
Last edited by HouseDivided on Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

It'll be loud bc the kitties are desperate for something good to happen this season.
It's a must win in multiple ways for them.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

They boo with the best of them
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

HouseDivided wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:44 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 am But would he want to end it on a bad note if KU were to win?
He sees an opportunity to be carried off the field on the players' shoulders and to be able to soften the blow of losing the last home game to Texas Tech next week.
Did he tell you all of this? Himself?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Indoor vs. outdoor venue is a difficult comparison, though.
Didn't stop you though.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:37 am
Indoor vs. outdoor venue is a difficult comparison, though.
Didn't stop you though.
I figured you'd be in a good mood this morning.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:35 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:42 am But would he want to end it on a bad note if KU were to win?
He sees an opportunity to be carried off the field on the players' shoulders and to be able to soften the blow of losing the last home game to Texas Tech next week.
Inside sources.
jhawk73

Post by jhawk73 »

Cascadia wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:03 pm They boo with the best of them
As loud as the boo-bird cry-clones?

It's been a long time since I've been to a game in Mancrappy but since I live close to Ames I see ISU games occasionally. So no recent frame of reference re KSUck home football games.
"Anything from Missouri has a taint about it. ... We're from Kansas. Jayhawkers, and proud of it."
Deleted User 75

Post by Deleted User 75 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:19 am
HouseDivided wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:09 am
pdub wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:58 am It is looking like their worst team since 2009, the last time they didn't go to a bowl game.
They just lost @ TCU after missing an xp.
Unfortunately, we have to play them on the road this season.

I don't think we can pull the 'upset' but they need to win out to bowl and they have @ ISU for their last game.
Older son plays for KSU. Word from Manhattan is that Snyder is going to announce his retirement immediately before the game on Saturday to take advantage of the emotional impact.

We are screwed.
That doesn't make much sense at all. Considering they still have one more home game after the KU game against Tech. You would think it would be announced then.
If the players already know then the timing of the announcement would make no difference imo. I mean, the fans can cheer harder, but that makes little difference.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:13 pm
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:35 am

Inside sources.
HD - Good thing your son didn't have to embarrass himself and his university by carrying Old Balls on his shoulders because they beat what would be (and now is) a 1-6 Big 12 team.