This Should Be Good.....

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: This Should Be Good.....

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:21 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:53 amThat and "The Decision". Imagine if he didn't do it. The same people would be citing him declining a chance to raise money for that Boys & Girls Club as a reason for hating him.
If this were true, he'd be getting trash for the way he left Miami and Cleveland for the second time. He doesn't and no one talks about those exits.

If the Decision were a good idea, he'd do it again. He didn't.
yup.

and the chance to raise money for the Boys 7 Girls club is a feel good story, but secondary at best among the reasons to mae The Decision the way he did.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:21 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:53 amThat and "The Decision". Imagine if he didn't do it. The same people would be citing him declining a chance to raise money for that Boys & Girls Club as a reason for hating him.
If this were true, he'd be getting trash for the way he left Miami and Cleveland for the second time. He doesn't and no one talks about those exits.

If the Decision were a good idea, he'd do it again. He didn't.
yup.

and the chance to raise money for the Boys & Girls club is a feel good story, but secondary at best among the reasons he made The Decision the way he did.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

What? To this day he is still getting shit on for team jumping and chasing rings. Much like Kevin Durant. That didn't stop after the decision.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

for me, it’s not so much that he did it, but how it was done
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:19 pm What? To this day he is still getting shit on for team jumping and chasing rings. Much like Kevin Durant. That didn't stop after the decision.
I'm talking about the methods. The Decision was a method. His other two methods are pretty much forgotten.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:27 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:19 pm What? To this day he is still getting shit on for team jumping and chasing rings. Much like Kevin Durant. That didn't stop after the decision.
I'm talking about the methods. The Decision was a method. His other two methods are pretty much forgotten.
That's fair.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

2 episodes in and....?????? Thoughts?
ArgentineHawk

Post by ArgentineHawk »

Grandma wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:02 pm 2 episodes in and....?????? Thoughts?
I enjoyed it. I was never a fan of those Bulls teams, but it was interesting to see the drama surrounding that 97-98 team.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

7 years 18 mil Scottie?!
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Jabba the Krause
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:16 pm 7 years 18 mil Scottie?!
They touched on it briefly but Scottie grew up dirt poor. His biggest motivation and fear in life was making sure that he never lived like that again and that he took care of his family. He constantly talked about signing a long term deal to take the guaranteed money. Hell, everyone told him not to sign that deal but he wanted the security.

Management could have, and should have rewarded him with more money but if they weren’t going to rework Mike’s deal why would they do that for Pip.
Holidaysmore - 2005
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Yeah I know.

But, 7 years 18 mil Scottie?!
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

Loved it. I was a bigger Bulls fan than anything in the 90s so this awesome. Feels like its a game day again. My friends would come over some nights in the 90s and we didn't do anything until the Bulls game was over. Didnt matter if it was some random regular season game.

I remember most of the Jerry Kraus stuff but didn't realize he told Jackson there was no way he was coming back. As a teenager I just remembered it being the talk of that season on Sportscenter, but I just assumed Jordan and the guys were trying to pressure Kraus to bring Jackson back.

Also, Ive seen some people complaining about Jordan making so much more when Pippen wasnt getting paid. While it sucked that Pippens contract sucked, until those last 2 years Jordan was underpaid as well.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Mike was a lot better college player than what you’d think given the usual narrative around it.

But, frickin’ Roi always has to be the guy that knew it all along.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

The doc itself brings back a lot of good memories. Great refresher on the drama and you knew Krause would not come off well in it.

It’s interesting that Kerr and Paxson were about the only guys to say something nice about Krause, but neither of them could talk about him without mentioning the bad.

I also like reading current NBA players’ reactions on Twitter. Seems they don’t see anything like this/MJ.
Deleted User 289

ousdahl wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:16 pm 7 years 18 mil Scottie?!
There was a big time agent who recently passed away. I was friendly with him (My Uncle and him were very close friends) and I went to school with his kids.
One of his kid's posted on Facebook this morning and someone responded and implied that Reinsdorf was full of shit when he claimed he told Scottie it was a bad contract.
This was my response to her -
"Regardless of what Reinsdorf said, it was a piss poor job by Sexton. My guess is Herbie can appreciate what I am about to say. How many athletes who don't perform up to expectations have their agents say let's renegotiate and try to give money back to the owner? Reinsdorf didn't make Sexton and Scottie sign that contract. Sexton negotiated it and they wanted to sign it. They were cool with it. Only people Scottie should have been mad at are Sexton and himself. That's just my 2 cents.
Deleted User 289

KU76erfan wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:28 pm Jabba the Krause
CRUMBS to you!
I would run in to him often.
He LOVED to eat at a place called Hub's. I would eat there about once a week and I would see him in there a couple of times a month. Indeed he inhaled his food and wasn't the most pleasant of people.
I was actually sympathetic. He was always alone and no one in Chicago really liked him. Even when he was winning championships.
Deleted User 289

LVCHawk wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:56 pm
Loved it. I was a bigger Bulls fan than anything in the 90s so this awesome. Feels like its a game day again. My friends would come over some nights in the 90s and we didn't do anything until the Bulls game was over. Didnt matter if it was some random regular season game.

I remember most of the Jerry Kraus stuff but didn't realize he told Jackson there was no way he was coming back. As a teenager I just remembered it being the talk of that season on Sportscenter, but I just assumed Jordan and the guys were trying to pressure Kraus to bring Jackson back.

Also, Ive seen some people complaining about Jordan making so much more when Pippen wasnt getting paid. While it sucked that Pippens contract sucked, until those last 2 years Jordan was underpaid as well.
I hope they will and I assume they will hit on more of why Krause, Reinsdorf, and Phil were at odds.
I just don't understand the one year massive contract. Sure they were planning on going in to rebuilding mode but until you stop winning, why not go with what works/worked?