Torture

Kansas Football.
Leawood

Torture

Post by Leawood »

I was home early today so I was searching for old football games. I watched the 1986 KU-OU football game. Wow. That was some brutal football. But I couldn’t stop watching.
sdoyel

Re: Torture

Post by sdoyel »

I thought this was gonna be about the latest Beaty revelations...
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Leawood wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:06 pm I was home early today so I was searching for old football games. I watched the 1986 KU-OU football game. Wow. That was some brutal football. But I couldn’t stop watching.
Made that much more brutal when I remember just two years before that sitting in the stands and watching KU beat #2 Oklahoma.
Granted, Oklahoma was forced to start some kid at QB named Troy Aikman - who threw three interceptions.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Yep. OU was attempting to get its third shutout in a row (Brian Bosworth era). KU made a field goal in the waining minutes to make it something like 63-3. The kicker after the successful attempt acted like he won the Super Bowl.
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Good for the kicker! Hey, small victories. You take them where/when you can get them.
Reminds me of when I was in Vegas and had bet a 6 team parlay. Must have been the early/mid 90s.
Was 5-0 and had Nebraska laying points against KU as my final bet in the parlay. KU scored an unnecessary "back door" TD to kill me.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

Leawood wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:06 pm I was home early today so I was searching for old football games. I watched the 1986 KU-OU football game. Wow. That was some brutal football. But I couldn’t stop watching.
I remember watching this game on ABC. It seemed so strange for KU to be playing OU on a Saturday afternoon in a nationally televised game. At times it seemed like OU had 12 guys on the field on defense.
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I think the game was on Halloween and was called by Keith Jackson who said, on a hot mic, "Why are we here?"

I remember/think it was Halloween because there was a stupid out-take of a kid in costume going to Coach Valesente's house to trick or treat and he came out with cake that said "BEAT OU."

63-3 or something like that.
HenrySwanson

Post by HenrySwanson »

I had the pleasure of being at both the 84 and 86 KU-OU games. Just wow. Why on earth did ABC think lightning would really strike twice??
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Grandma wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:20 am
Made that much more brutal when I remember just two years before that sitting in the stands and watching KU beat #2 Oklahoma.
Granted, Oklahoma was forced to start some kid at QB named Troy Aikman - who threw three interceptions.
I was at that game. Hungover as fuck. Seats right in front of the band.

It's where I officially became the JFC Guy