Voting Today

Ugh.
dolomite
Contributor

Re: Voting Today

Post by dolomite »

Drove to polls, greeted at parking lot entrance, I said to greeter, "MAGA" and got a dirty look. Went inside to vote, easy to differentiate Repubs from Demons, Repubs had a calm determined look, Dems had sour, angry look. Fun to people watch.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
zsn
Contributor

Post by zsn »

Permanently on the vote-by-mail list. Filled out my ballot on Saturday and dropped it in the mail box. No stamps needed! How civilized!!

San Mateo County (next one north of us) has only vote-by-mail. Interesting experiment. Wonder how the turnout will compare. Of course, in our State we believe that making it easier to vote helps democracy, unlike other parts of the country where folks can stay in power only if they make it harder for people to vote (cf. Dodge City, KS)
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

I hate midterms I never vote. At least it's taco Tuesday.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:36 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:33 am In Kentucky, they will take any ID with a picture. They also included SS card as valid ID, which does not have a picture.
I don't know how to break this to you, 99, but CNN thinks you committed voter fraud.

I no I di unt.
Defense. Rebounds.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:36 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:33 am In Kentucky, they will take any ID with a picture. They also included SS card as valid ID, which does not have a picture.
I don't know how to break this to you, 99, but CNN thinks you committed voter fraud.

Is it a crime to impersonate Indiana? Should be.
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

First time I've ever seen a line at my voting area. Took longer than I expected since there were a ton of judges on the ballot. It's a bit of an empty feeling, but it felt good to at least briefly feel like I kept a few bad/lazy judges from retaining their positions.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Crap, I didn't even notice that. Seems CNN didn't either.
Defense. Rebounds.
Deleted User 183

Post by Deleted User 183 »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:17 pm First time I've ever seen a line at my voting area. Took longer than I expected since there were a ton of judges on the ballot. It's a bit of an empty feeling, but it felt good to at least briefly feel like I kept a few bad/lazy judges from retaining their positions.
Have a co-worker who is a staunch Republican. She said she took the time to connect the arrow/s and vote NO for every single retention. I then told her that 24 of them are registered Republican voters.
I completely made that up but she believed me and she looked very disappointed.
God bless the good ole USA!
dolomite
Contributor

Post by dolomite »

Posting an email from an acquaintance;
I believe that there are those in the democrat party, and their puppet masters who see defeat coming again. I believe they are going to try to disrupt the polling places which is against the law, but in their arrogance believe they are above the law. I base this on something my wife told me Friday after she came home from a training session in Lordsburg for poll workers. She said the Registrar told them all that the democrats...I repeat DEMOCRATS...are going to try to disrupt the voting by crowding into the polling places. She said they have already done it at the office in Lordsburg where early voting has been going on. She said she called the sheriff to have them evicted and advised my wife and the others to do the same. This may well be a nationally coordinated effort by the democrats. Everyone should be aware.
“Avoid the foolish notion of hope. Hope is the surrender of authority to your fate and trusting it to the whims of the wind”.
Taylor Sheridan
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

I crowded into a polling place. So did a lot of other people where I live. No arrests were made.
Defense. Rebounds.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

dolomite wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:52 pm Posting an email from an acquaintance;
I believe that there are those in the democrat party, and their puppet masters who see defeat coming again. I believe they are going to try to disrupt the polling places which is against the law, but in their arrogance believe they are above the law. I base this on something my wife told me Friday after she came home from a training session in Lordsburg for poll workers. She said the Registrar told them all that the democrats...I repeat DEMOCRATS...are going to try to disrupt the voting by crowding into the polling places. She said they have already done it at the office in Lordsburg where early voting has been going on. She said she called the sheriff to have them evicted and advised my wife and the others to do the same. This may well be a nationally coordinated effort by the democrats. Everyone should be aware.
Good grief. Did you copy this right out of a shared Facebook story?
chiknbut

Post by chiknbut »

I'm 100 percent confident this really happened. No, really. No. Really!
RussianHawk

Post by RussianHawk »

Cinnamon Apple Bread Pudding too!
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

chiknbut wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:50 pm
I'm 100 percent confident this really happened. No, really. No. Really!
The excuses are starting to come in.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

Dems doing well in red state KY so far.
Defense. Rebounds.
3rdGenJayhawk

Post by 3rdGenJayhawk »

wow. this is interesting. Here in GA we have to have a picture id (DR or passport) that EXACTLY matches our voter registration including address and exact name. I saw no less than three persons questioned about non compliance while getting my card for the machine slot. Waited in line this year for over an hour to vote; which in past years was about 5 minutes.

when I left the polling site, a news reporter was waiting outside to see if I personally had any issues with voting this election (as she was asking all the pollsters).
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

jhawks99 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:38 pm Dems doing well in red state KY so far.
Kansas is doing the same. Some surprise results, still a bit early though. But Kansas is split almost 50/50 it seems.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I’m surprised by my county tonight. Almost all red except for 2 years ago elected a Dem to state house seat, but other than that mostly heavy red. Tonight only 3 of the 9 contested races in my county is being won by republicans.

I literally voted red, blue and independent today. So I’m all for making Kansas better regardless of party, but this is still a shocking night in south central Kansas.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:07 pm
jhawks99 wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:38 pm Dems doing well in red state KY so far.
Kansas is doing the same. Some surprise results, still a bit early though. But Kansas is split almost 50/50 it seems.
Kansas is rightly repudiating shitheads.

Unfortunately for the rest of, Trump will be looking to refill a cabinet over the next couple of weeks, and Kobach is looking for work.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
NLowrider

Post by NLowrider »

I early voted in person a week ago. I haven’t tried the mail-in but I’d rather vote in person anyway as long as it’s not on election day.

Kobach will probably get some position within the Trump administration anyway. He’s not too broken up about it.