No camarohead.

Sept 6, 2025 at Missouri - Columbia
Sept 12, 2026 vs. Missouri - Lawrence
Sept 6, 2031 at Missouri - Columbia
Sept 12, 2032 vs. Missouri - Lawrence
NewtonHawk11

Re: mizzou series

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Surprised it wasn’t a visit on each campus and a visit to KC twice.

Like Columbia, KC, Lawrence, KC
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Waste of an opportunity
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I actually think the campus games are more enjoyable if that’s what you’re getting at Cascadia. I don’t want it all KC. But wouldn’t mind KC sprinkled in.

It’s a true bummer KU will never get a talk from Coach Fam the night before a Missouri game ever again.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

NO!

fuck mizzou.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Meh.
In this case, it may help us more than it helps them...so if that's the case, still meh, and also fuck Mizzou, but we are so shitty at football that this doesn't bother me like a basketball series.
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:57 am I actually think the campus games are more enjoyable if that’s what you’re getting at Cascadia. I don’t want it all KC. But wouldn’t mind KC sprinkled in.

It’s a true bummer KU will never get a talk from Coach Fam the night before a Missouri game ever again.
The opportunity is having a late season football, early season basketball weekend series in KC

Basketball: Friday or Saturday night
Football: Saturday afternoon
Chiefs: Sunday early game
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

ridiculous this extends to 2032.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

Not in favor of this. It was fun when the teams were in the same conference. The game has been dormant enough that youngsters don’t care and older folks like me have moved on. I don’t see the point.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

sdoyel wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 10:10 pm ridiculous this extends to 2032.
Missouri booked up for a long time. Including games against kstate. And any dates they had open, KU was booked up. They scheduled earliest possible dates.

Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

You think HCBS will retire before 2025? Another screw up for the current AD? I hope he doesn't run HCBS off. Jeff Long has absolutely no integrity and is a down grade from our last LOUSY AD. I thought Zenger was bottom of the barrel...little did I know....
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

He sucks at damage control, but I think he’s also better than Zenger and Lew.

But he also did so much to expand the football program, he relates with donors and fans well and he’s got a good crew under him.

He’s still only a year and a half into this. Sheahon and Lew each had 7 years.

Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

I think the way he has handled the Beaty situation is a total disgrace. Beaty should have never been hired and he was a lousy coach. That said, you don't tell someone they are being fired without cause, ask them to coach the rest of the season, and then look for a reason not to pay them. I am just looking into the future. Les Miles is 66 years old and won't coach that many more years. Next time we look for a coach will someone want to take a chance on KU? It is just bad PR for a program that has been near the bottom of the Power 5 since they fired Mangino.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Judy_Jayhawk wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:11 pm I think the way he has handled the Beaty situation is a total disgrace. Beaty should have never been hired and he was a lousy coach. That said, you don't tell someone they are being fired without cause, ask them to coach the rest of the season, and then look for a reason not to pay them. I am just looking into the future. Les Miles is 66 years old and won't coach that many more years. Next time we look for a coach will someone want to take a chance on KU? It is just bad PR for a program that has been near the bottom of the Power 5 since they fired Mangino.
I tend to agree with this.

KU is just in a precarious position w/ NCAA and I have to give benefit of the doubt that the Beaty payout, supposedly sitting in escrow, has to be withheld for time being to look consistent for NCAA.

Because, nothing else makes sense and, yeah, it's not a good look.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 12:38 am
Judy_Jayhawk wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 11:11 pm I think the way he has handled the Beaty situation is a total disgrace. Beaty should have never been hired and he was a lousy coach. That said, you don't tell someone they are being fired without cause, ask them to coach the rest of the season, and then look for a reason not to pay them. I am just looking into the future. Les Miles is 66 years old and won't coach that many more years. Next time we look for a coach will someone want to take a chance on KU? It is just bad PR for a program that has been near the bottom of the Power 5 since they fired Mangino.
I tend to agree with this.

KU is just in a precarious position w/ NCAA and I have to give benefit of the doubt that the Beaty payout, supposedly sitting in escrow, has to be withheld for time being to look consistent for NCAA.

Because, nothing else makes sense and, yeah, it's not a good look.
I mean yeah, it's not great. You're going to have to get someone who is either a retread, like Miles, an assistant on current staff (Dearmon is likely choice) or some up-and-comer G5 coach. You won't get a high profile coach who is at a smaller school. KU will never be that. Ever.

But just thinking of this. I think if KU has success this year, Dearmon will be be named HCIW because they will want to keep him at KU and succeed Miles considering he'll have just a few years left.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

I posted earlier, and still believe, there are quite a few positives for KUFB if this season is canceled. Even moving it to the spring, you might be able to get some 2021 recruits to play this season if graduated.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:15 am I posted earlier, and still believe, there are quite a few positives for KUFB if this season is canceled. Even moving it to the spring, you might be able to get some 2021 recruits to play this season if graduated.
Hmm trying to find that post and haven't yet. I am curious for reasoning. Not saying I disagree or agree, just want to see reasons posted if you did post.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 11:23 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 10:15 am I posted earlier, and still believe, there are quite a few positives for KUFB if this season is canceled. Even moving it to the spring, you might be able to get some 2021 recruits to play this season if graduated.
Hmm trying to find that post and haven't yet. I am curious for reasoning. Not saying I disagree or agree, just want to see reasons posted if you did post.
Rebuild the roster without taking crushing defeats by other Big 12 schools.

A canceled season means that 2 frosh classes are added to the 2021 senior class. Would be able to redshirt guys that should be redshirted.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah I got you. Valid reasoning for sure.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

But for selfish reasons, I want there to be college football. Because I have a feeling this will be the last year for Pooka in Crimson and Blue. He'll try to go pro. He'll be a top 10 running back/All-Purpose back that is draft eligible I think.