NCAA 20-21

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 89

Re: NCAA 20-21

Post by Deleted User 89 »

it’s kinda funny...here in Utah, the southern part of the state is referred to as “Dixie”
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

Such a stupid game. Why schedule a team like Southern Utah. It does nothing for KU and can only help Southern Utah. If they insist on scheduling a team from out West, it should be Arizona every time.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

NDballer13 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:26 pm Such a stupid game. Why schedule a team like Southern Utah. It does nothing for KU and can only help Southern Utah. If they insist on scheduling a team from out West, it should be Arizona every time.
Even though they swept KU, I really liked the series with Arizona State. That was a fun crowd in Tempe and Hurley is mad man who is entertaining. Plus, they are getting some stud recruits there now.

Arizona and sweaty ass Sean Miller doesn't do it for me much anymore.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

I knew it was going to be Creighton though. Something different. They've been pretty good lately.

As nice as it would be to schedule Kentucky, Villanova and Duke every year, it just won't happen. Because it makes too much sense.

But I don't mind the Creighton game. KU will destroy Ballock though.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

TraditionKU wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:09 pm it’s kinda funny...here in Utah, the southern part of the state is referred to as “Dixie”
Parts of southern utah are beautiful. Spent a couple weeks backpacking through the escalante river canyon area
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

TDub wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:03 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:09 pm it’s kinda funny...here in Utah, the southern part of the state is referred to as “Dixie”
Parts of southern utah are beautiful. Spent a couple weeks backpacking through the escalante river canyon area
it really is...the geological diversity is something to behold.

planning our first post-covid-lockdown trip now. gonna hit up the Natural Bridges area near Bear’s Ears. there’s a ton of BLM land surrounding NBNM, with some outstanding primitive camping spots.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:55 pm
NDballer13 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:26 pm Such a stupid game. Why schedule a team like Southern Utah. It does nothing for KU and can only help Southern Utah. If they insist on scheduling a team from out West, it should be Arizona every time.
Even though they swept KU, I really liked the series with Arizona State. That was a fun crowd in Tempe and Hurley is mad man who is entertaining. Plus, they are getting some stud recruits there now.

Arizona and sweaty ass Sean Miller doesn't do it for me much anymore.
It appears the sarcastic nature of my post had slipped past you, lol.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

This is a throwaway game like Monmouth or Milwaukee last year.
You need a couple of these.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Nope, KU is supposed to play the cream of the crop for every non-con game. Neutral site games or home and homes with Kentucky, Villanova, Duke, Florida, Michigan State, North Carolina and Michigan every year with no cupcakes or games that don't help KU.

That's the rules.

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:02 am Nope, KU is supposed to play the cream of the crop for every non-con game. Neutral site games or home and homes with Kentucky, Villanova, Duke, Florida, Michigan State, North Carolina and Michigan every year with no cupcakes or games that don't help KU.

That's the rules.
That would be fine with me.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Cascadia wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:54 am
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:02 am Nope, KU is supposed to play the cream of the crop for every non-con game. Neutral site games or home and homes with Kentucky, Villanova, Duke, Florida, Michigan State, North Carolina and Michigan every year with no cupcakes or games that don't help KU.

That's the rules.
That would be fine with me.
No kidding. It'd be cool as shit if one headliner team from each of the eight best conferences made up a superleague, and the entire "non-con" consisted of home-and-homes plus a holiday championship tournament.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Don’t know where to put this. But Danny just got let go at Wake.

Tough for him. He’ll find a job as an assistant somewhere and do really well.

Geezer

Post by Geezer »

His contract had a 15 mil buyout. Danny will be just fine.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Big East commissioner: 'If our campuses aren't open, we will not have athletes coming back'

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... nts-campus
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Games without fans sounds terrible to me.
NDballer13

Post by NDballer13 »

After a couple months of no games at all, give me no fans if it means they are back!
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Absolutely.

I’ve seen basketball and baseball now without fans, and there’s no loss of competitiveness on the floor/field.

Fans make the overall product better, but I’m taking content over no content.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

KU fans are also in a bubble. Most of these sports are being played in front of few outside family and friends. Like mizzou and Kansas state.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:41 am Absolutely.

I’ve seen basketball and baseball now without fans, and there’s no loss of competitiveness on the floor/field.

Then shouldn't we be getting paid to go to games, instead of being charged money? Aren't we being exploited?

I feel like an indentured servant all of a sudden.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

PhDhawk wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 12:53 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:41 am Absolutely.

Then shouldn't we be getting paid to go to games, instead of being charged money? Aren't we being exploited?

I feel like an indentured servant all of a sudden.