This Should Be Good.....

Kansas Basketball.
Deleted User 89

Re: This Should Be Good.....

Post by Deleted User 89 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:07 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:03 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:59 pm

BJ the first 3-peat. Kerr the second one. Both backup PG's.

BJ was better in the role, and later an All-Star. Kerr had the bigger moment.
ok, but on these hypothetical teams, what are the rosters?

GS with Steph, Clay, Draymond, KD, and Paschall? Wiggs? Looney?

Bulls with MJ, Pip, Rodman, Harper, and Grant? Kukoc? Longley? Kerr?
I think we were comparing actual teams in their best years. Not a combination of years with mix and match rosters.
sure, but it wasn't entirely clear (at least to me) which years were being compared
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

All time team rosters can also be fun.

D-Rose
Mike
Pip
Rodman
Gilmore

Wilt played for all 32 teams at one point.

Obviously Lakers and Celtics teams are endless.

Giannis + Lew + Westbrook light
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:46 pm Assuming you put Jordan on Steph and Pippen on Durant...who is guarding Klay?

Klay guards Jordan.
Durant guards Pippen.
Draymond guards Rodman or Horace Grant ( and definitely rotates on Jordan ).

But on the reverse side - who's got Klay?
Jordan would destroy klay
Just Ledoux it
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

TDub wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:05 am You pick one person to win you a title, who are you taking? I take Michael every single time.

If i put together the best functional 5 player team and Im not sure Lebrons on it. Theres a lot of options but i think you go something like

Magic
Michael
Larry
Duncan
Wilt or Shaq
winner winner
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
Arjhawk

Post by Arjhawk »

Wilt over Shaq, cheat and put Bill Russell at the 4 and I respectfully disagree with Larry over LeBron at the 3. My team is the starting 5 in the Universal Basketball Tourney - if played at Earth's gravity of course.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

I must need to watch some more bird. I havent seen enough of his games/highlights to make any sort of meaningful assessment of his game.

I don't see how any team doesn't include lebron...but i know people don't like him so that is obviously an influential factor.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Jordan would destroy anyone but Klay is one of the better defenders in the league and has shutdown Harden before.

You put Kukoc or Ron Harper on Klay and Klay is scoring 30.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:42 pm Jordan would destroy anyone but Klay is one of the better defenders in the league and has shutdown Harden before.

You put Kukoc or Ron Harper on Klay and Klay is scoring 30.
Shutting down harden is not equal to shutting down MJ not even close.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

OK so this is where the holier/mythical magic of Mike comes in.

He’s obviously the GOAT.
Harden, though I’m not a fan, would have easily made the dream team ( he's making it over Drexler and Mullin, that's for sure ). I’m not sure where he’s ranked in that list but I’d have him in the top 30. MJ obviously better but if Klay can shutdown some of the better players in today’s game, he could at least hold his own v Jordan.

I know you don’t like LeBron but he’s number two on that list. By a lot of people who watch a lot more basketball than you and I. LeBron is better than Harden. But it’s not this exponential gap of like a demigod v a mortal. It’s the same with Jordan. He’s just been given this godly status.
Deleted User 310

Imo, career wise, the gap between 1/MJ and 2/Lebron is smaller than the gap between 2/Lebron and 3/whoever you rank 3. They are quite clearly the 2 best players ever by most peoples standards.

Now, that's not to say Wilt doesn't get an unfair shake in this because of the era in which he played....because I absolutely think he does....but many people/experts don't even put him in the top 4 or 5.
Deleted User 310

Now....if we take into account exposure, marketing, popularity, and other off the court stuff then MJ is unlike just about any athlete other than Tiger Woods. Both completely transformed their sports into what they are today. Tiger maybe more so than MJ, but comparable so we don't need to argue/do cross sport comparisons.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

pdub wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:57 am OK so this is where the holier/mythical magic of Mike comes in.

He’s obviously the GOAT.
Harden, though I’m not a fan, would have easily made the dream team ( he's making it over Drexler and Mullin, that's for sure ).
Mullin maybe. Harden is vastly overrated.
Just Ledoux it
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

pdub wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 4:57 am OK so this is where the holier/mythical magic of Mike comes in.

He’s obviously the GOAT.
Harden, though I’m not a fan, would have easily made the dream team ( he's making it over Drexler and Mullin, that's for sure ). I’m not sure where he’s ranked in that list but I’d have him in the top 30. MJ obviously better but if Klay can shutdown some of the better players in today’s game, he could at least hold his own v Jordan.

I know you don’t like LeBron but he’s number two on that list. By a lot of people who watch a lot more basketball than you and I. LeBron is better than Harden. But it’s not this exponential gap of like a demigod v a mortal. It’s the same with Jordan. He’s just been given this godly status.
Do we know who made that list?
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 6:24 am Imo, career wise, the gap between 1/MJ and 2/Lebron is smaller than the gap between 2/Lebron and 3/whoever you rank 3. They are quite clearly the 2 best players ever by most peoples standards.

Now, that's not to say Wilt doesn't get an unfair shake in this because of the era in which he played....because I absolutely think he does....but many people/experts don't even put him in the top 4 or 5.
Which ‘experts’?
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

Arjhawk wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:36 pm Wilt over Shaq, cheat and put Bill Russell at the 4 and I respectfully disagree with Larry over LeBron at the 3. My team is the starting 5 in the Universal Basketball Tourney - if played at Earth's gravity of course.
I want Larry for his moxy, shooting (not only 3 pointers, but free throws), clutchness and overall badassery.
"Having T-Shirt tmcats as a KSU fan has to be embarrassing for some. He should just stay on the tiggerboard where the little weasel best fits in."
Cascadia

Post by Cascadia »

Lol, if they kept Thomas off the dream team, there is no fucking way Harden makes the team.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

KU76erfan wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:04 am
Arjhawk wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:36 pm Wilt over Shaq, cheat and put Bill Russell at the 4 and I respectfully disagree with Larry over LeBron at the 3. My team is the starting 5 in the Universal Basketball Tourney - if played at Earth's gravity of course.
I want Larry for his moxy, shooting (not only 3 pointers, but free throws), clutchness and overall badassery.
Bird was a truly great player...but he was the GOAFT at talking shit.
That has to count in his favor.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Between Harp, Jordan, Pippen and Rodman I would take those four against Klay, Dray, Steph and KD. The biggest match up problem on those Warriors team would have been Steph. During the second three peat the aging Bulls struggled against quick and athletic guards (Damon Stoudamire) or guards who ran off lots of screens (Reggie Miller). Mike was completely worn down in the 98 ECF against the Pacers because he was having to run through screens defending Reggie. That would be my tactic if I had to play against Jordan. Wear him out on defense so he isn't as effective on offense.
Holidaysmore - 2005
KU76erfan

Post by KU76erfan »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:07 am
KU76erfan wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 9:04 am
Bird was a truly great player...but he was the GOAFT at talking shit.
That has to count in his favor.
He and MJ could have a game within a game trash talking contest which would be entertaining as hell just on that alone.