Meahwhile, Back at the "Base"

Ugh.
Shirley
Contributor

Re: Meahwhile, Back at the "Base"

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:28 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:27 pm if that's what he was referring to, why didn't he just use words like, "ingenuity, hard work, tenacity, etc" like a normal president?
Is it weird that y'all think Trump is the dumbest mutherfluffer who ever lived, but also one clever and historically knowledgeable mutherfluffer?
ha ha ha ha

Yeah ousdahl, it's not Trump promoting a well-known ardent antiSemite, it's you.

Shame on you, oudahl! Shame!
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

fuckin' mudbloods.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:38 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:27 pm if that's what he was referring to, why didn't he just use words like, "ingenuity, hard work, tenacity, etc" like a normal president?
Is it weird that y'all think Trump is the dumbest mutherfluffer who ever lived, but also one clever and historically knowledgeable mutherfluffer?
what's your take on the "bloodlines" comment?

just a peculiar word choice not meant to dog whistle?
I have no idea.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:39 pm
ha ha ha ha

Yeah ousdahl, it's not Trump promoting a well-known ardent antiSemite, it's you.

Shame on you, oudahl! Shame!
I juss wish you'd make up yer minds.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I think he can be "clever" enough to know a guy was a notorious antisemite, but also be dumb enough to compliment that guy's "bloodlines."
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

White supremacists, i.e., "Aryans", are obsessed with preventing the Jews, et al, from taking over the world and "diluting" their "bloodlines". Trump knew exactly what he was doing, he was talking to his base, the bigots.
Anand Giridharadas
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Because, unlike a normal POTUS, he refuses to have a PR team write and edit his remarks for him. I wish he would, because we would avoid all of the gaffes and misstatements and other silliness that keeps you all in a lather, but we both know that’s not how DJT rolls.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Feral wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:07 pm

White supremacists, i.e., "Aryans", are obsessed with preventing the Jews, et al, from taking over the world and "diluting" their "bloodlines". Trump knew exactly what he was doing, he was talking to his base, the bigots.
And you call me a conspiracy nut. Lulz.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

HouseDivided wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:10 pm
Because, unlike a normal POTUS, he refuses to have a PR team write and edit his remarks for him. I wish he would, because we would avoid all of the gaffes and misstatements and other silliness that keeps you all in a lather, but we both know that’s not how DJT rolls.
one could refuse to have a PR team and still manage to NOT compliment the "good bloodlines" of an antisemite.

but indeed, we both know that's not how DJT rolls.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:02 pm I think he can be "clever" enough to know a guy was a notorious antisemite, but also be dumb enough to compliment that guy's "bloodlines."
Yeah, that's still inconsistent.

I think he's unquestionably the most "illiterate" president we've ever had. I don't think he knows shit about anyone who isn't named "Trump." I don't think he knows that Ford was an anti-Semite, and I don't think he knows that his phrasing was suspect, and I do think that he would be surprised to learn that anyone had a problem with Henry Ford.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:27 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:02 pm I think he can be "clever" enough to know a guy was a notorious antisemite, but also be dumb enough to compliment that guy's "bloodlines."

I think he's unquestionably the most "illiterate" president we've ever had. I don't think he knows shit about anyone who isn't named "Trump." I don't think he knows that Ford was an anti-Semite, and I don't think he knows that his phrasing was suspect, and I do think that he would be surprised to learn that anyone had a problem with Henry Ford.
I think it's a safe bet that, when he's using coded/loaded/whatever phrasing and framing, what you're seeing is him parroting Stephen Miller or Rush Limbaugh or someone else in his ear.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

the best theory yet.

Useful idiot in chief.

Either way, Trump never once thought maybe there’s a better choice of words than “bloodlines”
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

ousdahl wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:35 pm the best theory yet.

Useful idiot in chief.

Either way, Trump never once thought maybe there’s a better choice of words than “bloodlines”
People learn speech -- linguistic patterns, phraseology, etc. -- from their parents, mostly. His parents were of the age, social status, and implicit prejudices of people for whom the use of terms like "bloodlines" probably was not uncommon, i.e. nouveau riche, social-climbing, society-wannabes.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

So, given his current normalizing of Trump's anti-semitism, we'll never have to hear from DC again about his anti-semitism insinuations directed at anyone on this forum. Or at anyone who's a liberal Democrat.

Gosh, that'll be nice.
Don't inject Lysol.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:42 pm So, given his current normalizing of Trump's anti-semitism, we'll never have to hear from DC again about his anti-semitism insinuations directed at anyone on this forum. Or at anyone who's a liberal Democrat.

Gosh, that'll be nice.
My goodness.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

seahawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:42 pm So, given his current normalizing of Trump's anti-semitism, we'll never have to hear from DC again about his anti-semitism insinuations directed at anyone on this forum. Or at anyone who's a liberal Democrat.

Gosh, that'll be nice.
^^^

Speaking of "I juss wish you'd make up yer minds".
Anand Giridharadas
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

DCHawk1 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:41 pm

Useful idiot in chief.

People learn speech -- linguistic patterns, phraseology, etc. -- from their parents, mostly. His parents were of the age, social status, and implicit prejudices of people for whom the use of terms like "bloodlines" probably was not uncommon, i.e. nouveau riche, social-climbing, society-wannabes.
The WWII vet who lived with us never used a term like "bloodlines" and he was born to "nouveau riche, social-climbing, society-wannabes," but I guess that's only if you consider fishing and drinking with Hemingway as "social climbing". He was a long-time Republican, but made a point his entire life of not adopting his father's racist leanings.
Don't inject Lysol.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

jfish26 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:31 pm
DCHawk1 wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:27 pm

I think it's a safe bet that, when he's using coded/loaded/whatever phrasing and framing, what you're seeing is him parroting Stephen Miller or Rush Limbaugh or someone else in his ear.
Steve Bannon says "hi".

But, let's be real. Trump's entry into the public eye for most people was when he and his father were accused of housing discrimination in the early '70s.

The Central Park 5.

He promoted "Birtherism" for over 4 years before the 2016 election.

Like most republicans, he's well-versed in using race as a wedge to separate Americans, going back decades.
Anand Giridharadas
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

seahawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:53 pm

Useful idiot in chief.

The WWII vet who lived with us never used a term like "bloodlines" and he was born to "nouveau riche, social-climbing, society-wannabes," but I guess that's only if you consider fishing and drinking with Hemingway as "social climbing". He was a long-time Republican, but made a point his entire life of not adopting his father's racist leanings.
Good for him?
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

Useful idiot in chief.

Nice try, but no success at that normalizing tactic. Seems like "bloodlines" became more popular at the turn of the 20th Century.

https://books.google.com/ngrams/graph?c ... es%3B%2Cc0
Don't inject Lysol.