The Worst People in the World...

Coffee talk.
pdub
Site Admin

Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by pdub »

At the least, he should not be able to return to his job as a police officer for a very long time.
And it shouldn't be suspended with pay - it should be kicked out entirely and maybe don't kill people at your next job.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:58 am He killed that man.
There is no way around that.
He killed him.

The man was handcuffed on the ground and he pressed his knee against his neck until he died.
Right.

And I'm saying that he did so because he was taught to do something similar but not taught well enough, which means that his department put him in a bad position and IT bears the brunt of the responsibility.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:02 pm At the least, he should not be able to return to his job as a police officer for a very long time.
And it shouldn't be suspended with pay - it should be kicked out entirely and maybe don't kill people at your next job.
Maybe.

But this isn't anywhere near as clear cut as you make it seem.
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

DCHawk1 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:38 pm
Feral wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 10:26 pm

I think it's interesting that you take it personally whenever I point out how other societies have handled the pandemic better than the US has.

Pro tip: Not every post here is about you.

But, very telling. Very
Ah. I see.

You're under the misimpression that I care what "you" think.

My apologies for whatever I did that gave you that mistaken idea.

In truth, I care when shitty partisan hacks like Ben Rhodes politicize and weaponize the virus, just as some posters on this board care when shitty partisan hacks like Donald Trump do the same.

I'd say I don't care what you think, but I don't actually know what you think. I know a helluva lot about what Miss Betty Bowers and muh Aaron Rupar think, but I'm not even sure you have thoughts about this or anything else.
First, let me say that I seriously doubt that many people here give a fuck about whether you give a fuck about what I think, or not, DC. But your reaction to the tweet was so over the top, it's hard to not reply.

For the record, I'm cognizant of the cultural and societal differences, the homogeneity, that makes many countries more compliant when it comes to the protocols necessary to limit the spread of the virus. That being said, having lived through decades of unrelenting pronouncement after pronouncement by "real" "patriotic" Americans about how "We're the number 1 country in the world!", in everything, only to watch the same "real" Americans invoke qualifier after qualifier now that Americans are really being put to the test, would be funny, if it wasn't so sad, and revealing. (Not to mention, the weeks Trump squandered, instead of getting prepared.) Decade upon decade of republicans demagoguing against education, the "elites", the college professors, scientists and experts, has come home to roost.

So. Much. Winning.

”…shitty partisan hacks…”

Projection*, thy name is DCHawk1!

*Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings.

On a day when:

- The president played golf and hate-tweeted all day for the 2nd day in a row

- Another 19,608 Americans were diagnosed with the SARS-CoV-2 virus

- Another 617 Americans died of the SARS-CoV-2 virus

-The death toll due to the pandemic increased to > 99,000, the equivalent of 22 Iraq wars, 33 Sept. 11 attacks, 41 Afghanistan wars, 42 Pearl Harbors, or 25,000 Benghazis

- The president retweeted Britt Hume’s picture mocking Joe Biden for wearing a mask

- The president threatened the democratic governor of North Carolina to move the RN Convention out of the state if he isn’t given carte blanche to pack the arena as full as he wants to in August

- The president attacked and lied about an American Marine veteran, democratic representative Conor Lamb, misspelling both his first and last names, in order to ”weaponize” his office in support of Rep. Lamb’s opponent, on Memorial Day

- And unlike every other major developed country in the world, we still have no national testing or tracing, and don’t make me laugh by even suggesting “isolation”, because that will only trigger our president to urge ”Rosa Parks” et al, to show up in large groups heavily armed without masks to occupy yet another democratic state house and intimidate everyone who is wearing a mask.

You’re unhinged that ”…shitty partisan hacks like Ben Rhodes politicize and weaponize the virus…”

Really? You’re kidding, right?

I bet there aren’t 5 people here who know what his title was, and less than 10 who know he was even in the Obama Administration. And you’re upset, about him?

Study after study shows that wearing a mask decreases your risk of transmitting the virus “significantly”, up to 75 - 80 - 90%. The virus is transmitted by asymptomatic people and we don’t have anywhere near enough testing, have no good treatment, and no vaccine.

Consider how desperately we need to open up our country ASAP, before the economic and social toll becomes even more catastrophic for tens and tens and tens of millions of Americans who have no reasonable choice but to try and get back to work. And yet, like nearly everything else the experts are recommending we do, our president is discouraging mask wearing, a very simple thing Americans can all do together to try and mitigate the damage to ourselves and others from the pandemic.

The public health experts, the virologists, infectious disease experts, etc., are continually being marginalized so Trump can pursue whatever helps him personally. He's too stupid to realize that if he'd only concentrate on doing the right thing, containing the pandemic, it would be the absolute best thing not only for himself politically, but for the nation as a whole. No one in the republican party has the personal integrity to stand up to Trump like Goldwater did to Nixon in 1974, and tell the president the truths he doesn’t want to hear. That being the case, I think raising the issue of the need to wear masks, whether mocking, sarcastic, or otherwise, is reasonable. At least as opposed to Trump, he's rowing in the "right" direction, the public good. But, apparently, you don't.

”When people show you who they are, believe them the first time…”.
Maya Angelou

BTW, gotta give you props for how shrewdly you showed me how much you don’t care about what I think.

Color me convinced!
DC wrote:”I don't actually know what you think”

Coming from someone who almost never starts a thread but never misses a chance to zoom in with one cryptic, indecipherable, counter punch comment, and/or ”sigh”, “lulz”, etc., after another in an attempt to always maintain plausible deniability, that’s rich.

Really, rich.
“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Yes it is.
Watch the video.

You have a long history of defending people who kill others.
( another man dead - 'but wait, despite the fact there is video evidence, we don't have enough evidence!' )
Very quick to defend humans who kill other humans.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey called the man's death "simply awful," and "wrong at every level" at the press conference Tuesday.

"For the better part of the night I've been trying to find the words to describe what happened and all I keep coming back to is that he should not have died," Frey said.

"What we saw was horrible, completely and utterly messed up," he said. "This man's life matters, he matters. He was someone's son, someone's family member, someone's friend. He was a human being and his life mattered."
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:51 am
TraditionKU wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:42 am
DCHawk1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:16 am

Trump has been at his Trumpiest, meaning that he has been petty, childish, self-absorbed, and woefully and willfully ignorant. Moreover, I think the smartest and most effective thing he has done, allowing an incredibly diverse nation of more than 330 million people to handle many aspects of the crisis at the state and local levels, is a plan he stumbled bassakwards into while trying to dodge responsibility.

Got me.
for ever one of your posts echoed above, there are at least a half dozen going the other direction...attempting to police everyone and make sure nobody gets too outraged

sure, you’ve offered some condemnation, but the majority of your posts since the beginning of the year have sought to normalize the current administration
Yes. Normalize. Because Trump's transgressions are different from his predecessors' in degree, not type. This is the atmosphere we created and pissing and moaning about it at every turn isn't going to address the underlying issues.
NOTHING done or said on this message board addresses anything

from my view, your attempts to keep everyone in line and make sure we all understand that “both sides do it” and that, somehow, this current administration is no different from others, is, well, laughable and incredibly partisan

(it’s ok to be disgusted by the current administration, even if it represents your party...you don’t have to do any mental gymnastics and try to normalize or justify its behavior. in fact, i’d wager many on here would respect you even more if you could/would do so. not that you care one bit about what any of us think of you...)
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:09 pm Yes it is.
Watch the video.

( another man dead - 'but wait, despite the fact there is video evidence, we don't have enough evidence!' )
Very quick to defend humans who kill other humans.
What the fuck are you babbling about?

At the risk of triggering Leawood, I'll ask if you have any links to back this up. That's a bold and shitty statement, in addition to being a lie. But I'll assume you wouldn't say something like that unless you thought you could back it up, so...please...go ahead.

Otherwise, fuck you.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:13 pm Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey called the man's death "simply awful," and "wrong at every level" at the press conference Tuesday.

"For the better part of the night I've been trying to find the words to describe what happened and all I keep coming back to is that he should not have died," Frey said.

"What we saw was horrible, completely and utterly messed up," he said. "This man's life matters, he matters. He was someone's son, someone's family member, someone's friend. He was a human being and his life mattered."
To the best of my knowledge, no one disagrees with any of this.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

TraditionKU wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:18 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:42 am
for ever one of your posts echoed above, there are at least a half dozen going the other direction...attempting to police everyone and make sure nobody gets too outraged

sure, you’ve offered some condemnation, but the majority of your posts since the beginning of the year have sought to normalize the current administration
Yes. Normalize. Because Trump's transgressions are different from his predecessors' in degree, not type. This is the atmosphere we created and pissing and moaning about it at every turn isn't going to address the underlying issues.

from my view, your attempts to keep everyone in line and make sure we all understand that “both sides do it” and that, somehow, this current administration is no different from others, is, well, laughable and incredibly partisan

(it’s ok to be disgusted by the current administration, even if it represents your party...you don’t have to do any mental gymnastics and try to normalize or justify its behavior. in fact, i’d wager many on here would respect you even more if you could/would do so. not that you care one bit about what any of us think of you...)
A.) You are correct that I don't care if you do or do not respect me;

B.) You are out of your mind if you think I haven't explicitly and repeatedly condemned Trump's behavior; and

C.) You're not even sure what I have or haven't said about other administrations, clearly. I don't think Trump is "the same" as anyone previous. But I also don't think his differences are NECESSARILY differences that matter enough to spend the entirety of his presidency shitting little rings around myself over an office won in a free and fair election.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Feral wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:06 pm your reaction to the tweet was so over the top, it's hard to not reply.

You’re unhinged that ”…shitty partisan hacks like Ben Rhodes politicize and weaponize the virus…”
Speaking of rich, I responded to your tweet of Rhodes with this:

You know what else they don't do in South Korea? Hire failed novelists whose brothers run a network news department to serve as senior foreign policy advisers.

I'm not sure where you got the idea that that was "so over the top" or "unhinged." That's pure, rote, common-knowledge mockery of Rhodes.

You must be a very delicate thing.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

You reacted similarly as you are now, by defending the officer in these circumstances:

Betty Shelby for shooting an unarmed man in Tulsa.
Howie Lake for shooting a man in Baton Rogue.
Jeronimo Yanez in Falcon Heights.

I can't recall your stance on what happened with Trayvon Martin.
Deleted User 89

Post by Deleted User 89 »

DCHawk1 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:26 pm
TraditionKU wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:18 pm

A.) You are correct that I don't care if you do or do not respect me;

B.) You are out of your mind if you think I haven't explicitly and repeatedly condemned Trump's behavior; and

C.) You're not even sure what I have or haven't said about other administrations, clearly. I don't think Trump is "the same" as anyone previous. But I also don't think his differences are NECESSARILY differences that matter enough to spend the entirety of his presidency shitting little rings around myself over an office won in a free and fair election.
free and fair...lulz
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

It wasn't?
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:34 pm You reacted similarly as you are now, by defending the officer in these circumstances:

Links?

Cuz fuck you.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:34 pm You reacted similarly as you are now, by defending the officer in these circumstances:

Here's what I posted on Trayvon:

I think the problem here is that no one knows what the f*ck happened at the scene of the shooting.

Shooter claims he was attacked, which he claims justifies self-defense.

At the same time, it's clear -- crystal clear -- that the shooter disregarded police instructions, disregarded common sense, and by his own actions put himself in harm's way -- and that's giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Whether you can charge the guy with murder or not, it's clear that he aggravated the situation and precipitated the shooting. Period.

Also, fuck you.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I assumed you didn't side with Zimmerman because he wasn't an officer.
If said person is officer, they get the benefit of the doubt, regardless if there is video evidence or not.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

pdub wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 12:46 pm I assumed you didn't side with Zimmerman because he wasn't an officer.
If said person is officer, they get the benefit of the doubt, regardless if there is video evidence or not.
I'll wait here for links.

Also, fuck you.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I distinctly remember arguing with you over the Tulsa shooting and the shooting where the 2 officers had the man pinned down in Huntington beach. I'm looking for links - however i'm guessing they are kansascrimson.com'd.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

I don't remember the specific cases, but I'll guess I responded much as I did in this case: that most LEOs are poorly trained and placed in harm's way unfairly and thus deserve the right to due process.

If you think that's "defending people who kill others," then you're a fucking idiot.

Also, fuck you.