Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by TDub »

Minnesota vibe feels very Watts ish
Just Ledoux it
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

So...this is longer footage from the restaurant, and it's clear that it's not going to show us what happened. Certainly doesn't appear to be resisting -- at least as far as the camera can follow it.

https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/stat ... 1214801923
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Mayor calling for an arrest.
Word is Chauvin has hired lawyer Tom Kelly who represented the officer who murdered Philando Castile ( acquitted ).
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

Does any of this outrage really matter? Will it result in anything different happening? I doubt it.

Chickenshit politicians at every level will not want to get on the wrong side of the police unions by demanding change.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 5:39 pm So...this is longer footage from the restaurant, and it's clear that it's not going to show us what happened. Certainly doesn't appear to be resisting -- at least as far as the camera can follow it.

https://twitter.com/CBSEveningNews/stat ... 1214801923
Doesn't look like six feet to me! Thought libs are supposed to distance themselves, lol.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

twocoach wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:11 pm Does any of this outrage really matter? Will it result in anything different happening? I doubt it.

Chickenshit politicians at every level will not want to get on the wrong side of the police unions by demanding change.
Better than doing nothing.
( protesting peacefully—not the throwing rocks/breaking windows part )
It may hasten an arrest/charge.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

When do we see the body cam footage?

Do we see the body cam footage?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jfish26 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:57 pm
ousdahl wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:38 pm Man, why is every single one of these guys always wearing cargo pants?

Giving a bad look to an otherwise respectable fashion statement.
This one might cause some introspection.
If you had to guess, you might say that these wannabe GI Joes wear the cargo pants for more space to carry more weapons, or ammo, or tactical gear.

But you’d be guessing wrong.

They’re actually carrying tots.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Pedro rocks.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

pdub wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:23 pm
twocoach wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:11 pm Does any of this outrage really matter? Will it result in anything different happening? I doubt it.

Better than doing nothing.
( protesting peacefully—not the throwing rocks/breaking windows part )
It may hasten an arrest/charge.
I agree with that at a local level. But I wish all the nationwide outrage would amount to something.

It seems that the vast majority of police in this nation are good people, doing stressful work that not many of us are equipped to make into a career. But unfortunately, some pretty shady people looking for a career in bullying, intimidation and an opportunity to be allowed to display some sort of power over others have also found a job in law enforcement appealing.

These people certainly aren't the majority of people in law enforcement but they seem to be behind a disproportionately large percentage of incidents such as this.

I have no idea who the police officer was in this specific case and I have no idea if he is in any way the type of person I just described. But seeing incident after incident after incident like this just leaves me perplexed as to how we continue to employ people that could behave in the manner exhibited on that video. That was not a heat of the moment decision. That was a conscious, consistent stream of intentional, individual decisions.

Every time that officer heard yet another bystander speak out about what they were seeing was another decision point where that officer had the opportunity to let the thought "is this still the right and necessary action?" And at every decision point, he chose to continue with his behavior.

He's lost his job and will maybe face charges. Maybe he'll go to jail and get to explain himself and the reasoning behind his decisions to a prison full of angry black men and he'll finally understand consequences.

Or maybe he'll go free. If not this guy then how many more guys like this before the next cop walks consequence-free from these types of decisions.

I have friends who were or are law enforcement officers. They are all great people who humbly and proudly served their communities. One lost his life on the job. I fear that the social media lynch mobs in incidents like this aren't discouraging bad cops from being bad cops. Instead, I worry that it will discourage humble, proud people from pursuing careers in law enforcement.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Well said and fair.
DCHawk1
Contributor

Post by DCHawk1 »

Fuck you.
Imjustheretohelpyoubuycrypto
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

DCHawk1 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 8:38 pmFuck you.
And have a safe and happy day to you.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Target being looted? Makes it nice and easy when everyone is covering their faces! Keep six feet away!

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/its ... oyds-death
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Probably not going to be any outrage what these animals are doing.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapolis- ... loyd-death
Shirley
Contributor

Post by Shirley »

imzcount wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:13 pm Probably not going to be any outrage what these animals are doing.

“We are living through a revolt against the future. The future will prevail.”
Anand Giridharadas
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Feral wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:39 pm
imzcount wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:13 pm Probably not going to be any outrage what these animals are doing.

Awesome!
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

Animals......fuck you
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 11:02 pm

Animals......fuck you
Plenty of white people protesting this one. Finally white people are starting to speak out more and call out other white people for saying things like "what about all the black on black crime" or "more white people are killed the police each year".....that's irrelevant and not the point. We can care about more than 1 thing at a time.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

This also pisses me off. She losses her credibility (what little she has left) with the black community when she does this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAt4rw3lWY9 ... a0vz80s6on

Notice the videos. Notice the caption.

It isn't ONLY black people looting. I also see white people and Hispanic people in these videos.

Gotta love election years.