Mahomie

Kansas Football.
LVCHawk

Re: Mahomie

Post by LVCHawk »

holidaysmore wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:31 pm Chiefs offense = really good.

Chiefs defense = really, really bad.

Chiefs has better pray that EB and Houston not only come back but are in full strength. If not this defense can’t stop NE or Steelers.
They can outscore both teams.

That being said EB and Houston will be great to have for the playoffs. They will get another week of rest next week since they are playing a horrible team.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Defense is 8-1 too.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

Rams gave up 35 in the first half.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

LVCHawk wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:02 pm
holidaysmore wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:31 pm Chiefs offense = really good.

Chiefs defense = really, really bad.

Chiefs has better pray that EB and Houston not only come back but are in full strength. If not this defense can’t stop NE or Steelers.
They can outscore both teams.

That being said EB and Houston will be great to have for the playoffs. They will get another week of rest next week since they are playing a horrible team.
Exactly. Chiefs were shorthanded in NE when NE had all their weapons, and KC still could have easily won. Chiefs offense is showing no signs of slowing up at all.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

Maybe I'm freaking out over the defense. In context, the Rams, who have spent millions and draft picks on their defense...
Chiefs defense last six games: 22.3 PPG

Rams defense last six games: 27.3 PPG

The difference this year and moving forward for the future is Mahomes. Mahomes is that good. Falling down, basically airborne he completes a pass to Kelce. You can't make up some of the stuff he is doing. As long as Hunt, Hill, Kelce and Mahomes stays healthy this team will be playing either at Arrowhead or NE for a chance to play on a Sunday in Atlanta.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

holidaysmore wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:53 pm Maybe I'm freaking out over the defense. In context, the Rams, who have spent millions and draft picks on their defense...
Chiefs defense last six games: 22.3 PPG

Rams defense last six games: 27.3 PPG

The difference this year and moving forward for the future is Mahomes. Mahomes is that good. Falling down, basically airborne he completes a pass to Kelce. You can't make up some of the stuff he is doing. As long as Hunt, Hill, Kelce and Mahomes stays healthy this team will be playing either at Arrowhead or NE for a chance to play on a Sunday in Atlanta.
Speaking of Rams and defense. Marcus Peters is turning into one of the most overrated, bad cornerbacks in football. He’s been burned multiple times, hasn’t had any turnovers since pick 6 in week 1, and still complains to the refs a lot. KC might be on the good end of that trade.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I was just talking to a friend about Peters and how bad he is playing this year. He was feast or famine during his time with the Chiefs.
I don’t know much about the Rams and what kind of veteran presence they have but I know EB and Houston were those guys who really kept Peters for the most part in check.
Holidaysmore - 2005
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2517 ... kies-plays

Sorry, Brees has been fantastic, but the MVP has to go to Mahomes here.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:12 am http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2517 ... kies-plays

Sorry, Brees has been fantastic, but the MVP has to go to Mahomes here.
Agreed. There's been games where Brees has been under 200 yards passing or just a bit above that mark, because the Saints have such a strong running game. If Mahomes has a sub-200 game, the Chiefs will struggle to get much going. (Although I think there's a chance he could be this weekend because Arizona is so bad, the game will be over by half and backups will play quite a bit)

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

And as good as Hunt is, Kamara is a different beast as a receiving back.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

pdub wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:26 am And as good as Hunt is, Kamara is a different beast as a receiving back.
Yeah but they are different backs too. Kamara will run by you and catch the ball a lot out of the backfield. Hunt would rather run into you and break as many tackles and souls as he possibly can.

Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

He shrugged off some epically bad calls. He is the ideal QB.
noosh

Post by noosh »

pdub wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:08 am Well, as discussed on DOTNET ( RIP ), it depends on the contract you hand out to Mahomes.
Of course you need to pay the guy if he continues what he's doing but man, you can really strap yourself for cap room with a big overpay.
PATS do it cutthroat business like - they won't overpay - they just say 'see ya' and next man up.
What happened to dotnet?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

He gone.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Houston back against Arizona.
The line opened at 18.5.
LOL.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah. Chiefs by 110.

pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If we go up, say, 45-10, kinda like a game earlier this season, can we please put in Chad Henne instead of the topic of the thread?
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yeah I think Henne has a great shot of playing the 4th quarter.

But the Cardinals are still paid NFL players. Could be close enough for Mahomes to play most of the game.

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Plus they still have David Johnson. And the Chiefs rush defense couldn't stop a nosebleed.

LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

pdub wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:39 pm If we go up, say, 45-10, kinda like a game earlier this season, can we please put in Chad Henne instead of the topic of the thread?
No, all mahomes all the time.