Next Round of NCAA Troubles...

Kansas Basketball.
Lonestarjayhawk

Next Round of NCAA Troubles...

Post by Lonestarjayhawk »

https://es.pn/2QsSfBC

Includes Kentucky....Let the spin start on Rupp!
LONESTARJAYHAWK
Hall of Fame Contributor
First Ballot illy, dickvard and glugger - - Least Favorite Poster
Deleted User 75

Re: Next Round of NCAA Troubles...

Post by Deleted User 75 »

Hasn't the Dawkins trial already happened?
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I will greatly enjoy watching how the RR crowd tries to spin whatever comes out as being somehow different from the trouble we're in (and Louisville is in).
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

jfish26 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:21 am I will greatly enjoy watching how the RR crowd tries to spin whatever comes out as being somehow different from the trouble we're in (and Louisville is in).
It's going on currently over there
Deleted User 75

Anyone pretending this isn't happening everywhere (and by everywhere I mean at elite programs) is foolish.

Now, I doubt we will see/hear recordings or texts of Calipari K or Roy (or their assistants) obtained / released, so of course those fan bases will claim they're innocent....just like ours did right up until the hammer dropped on the KU staff and that stuff was released.

This is all a big non issue for me. We aren't clean, but I don't think any elite programs are.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

funny you mention those two, cuz when I read your first sentence I thought, the only ones pretending this isn't happening everywhere are Roy and K.
Deleted User 75

ousdahl wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:50 am funny you mention those two, cuz when I read your first sentence I thought, the only ones pretending this isn't happening everywhere are Roy and K.
No doubt...and they've looked foolish. Long eye rolls watching them act shocked that this could possibly be happening.
Deleted User 75

Here's a summary of what's happened so far sort of....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnati ... e-duke-lsu
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

I don't know why they'd call Nike a winner. That's silly.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

I have a problem with the way they reported the Preston stuff. They don't even mention that he never played, they call him a player and mention that he left midseason, but that kinda suggests he played in games.

The fact that we sat him out prior to the case is one of the only things that should actually be viewed as a positive for KU.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
Deleted User 75

jfish26 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:58 pm I don't know why they'd call Nike a winner. That's silly.
I'm assuming it's because it doesn't appear they're going to have any employees indicted (unless there is an active investigation going on into Nike that isn't public knowledge yet)....which likely protects the majority of the elite Nike schools from having texts/phone calls revealed that are similar in nature to the Self/KT stuff.
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:27 pm
jfish26 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:58 pm I don't know why they'd call Nike a winner. That's silly.
I'm assuming it's because it doesn't appear they're going to have any employees indicted (unless there is an active investigation going on into Nike that isn't public knowledge yet)....which likely protects the majority of the elite Nike schools from having texts/phone calls revealed that are similar in nature to the Self/KT stuff.
I get it, but that's like an article coming out after the first bowler's first frame in a pro bowling match (where the guy hit a strike), and declaring the second bowler a LOSER. I mean: sure. But there's a long way to go.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Remember when Udoka got that little sky hook to go against Nova and we went up 2 points?
Those were good times.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

pdub wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:10 pm Remember when Udoka got that little sky hook to go against Nova and we went up 2 points?
Those were good times.
lol, I do remember that. What followed was the worst ass pounding in recent history against us. Actually, our offense was pretty good. We just had no way to stop them.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I thought, "hey we can do this!"
And then the barrage of ass pounding threes happened.
Deleted User 104

Post by Deleted User 104 »

pdub wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:01 pm I thought, "hey we can do this!"
And then the barrage of ass pounding threes happened.
Yeah, I said to my wife "oh, we're off to a good start!"