The Worst People in the World...

Coffee talk.
Walrus

Re: The Worst People in the World...

Post by Walrus »

I learned recently that George Floyd had covid when he was arrested/killed. Some research might suggest that covid is blood vessel disease. Considering all the drugs he had in his system and the fact he had covid, he was in a really vulnerable state. I've never understood why cops have to put someone on the ground with their face down. Why not just have them sit on their butt instead?
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

thanks for the links you guys.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

From a purely PR standpoint, BLM is doing really well right now. It would be a bad idea for them to make a big deal out of this case.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Maybe. Maybe not. The fact the officer has already been fired speaks volumes. And does give a little bit of insight into the progress being made.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Let's just set fire to the Wendy's because that was the reason the guy was shot. What kind of logic is that?

The guy was sitting there, drunk in his car, blocking traffic to the drive through. I don't think the police did anything wrong based on what I've seen so far. Who would be stupid enough to try to use a taser against the police? It's so disturbing how the media is trying to frame this as the police's fault, as if every police encounter with a black man is unjustified.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Post by MICHHAWK » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:13 pm

What was rayshard brooks fleeing from. Who is rayshard brooks.

* You didn't use question marks so I am unsure if you are asking or simply making statements.
If you didn't know and cared to, why wouldn't you do a quick search and get your answer sooner than if you waited for someone else to answer?

Post by ousdahl » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:18 pm

Rayshard Brooks is the second black man in 3 weeks to be killed by police on video.
I'll go out on a limb and guess fear of police brutality was among the reasons he was fleeing.

* Fantastic answer and post.

Post by ousdahl » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:19 pm

dunno how “fear for my life” applies with a nonlethal weapon, and when the suspect is fleeing and you shoot him in the back.

* Another good post.

Post by MICHHAWK » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:32 pm

I don’t know what the situation was. Neither do you.

* I know exactly what has been said and I viewed in the video.
What more about "the situation" don't I know about?

Post by Leawood » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:35 pm

This is what is the result of Law and Order Republicans.

* Solid post!

Post by IllinoisJayhawk » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:36 pm

Who knew Atlanta was so republican...

* I assume you realize there is Black Atlanta and there is White Atlanta. I'll let you guess which are predominately Democrats and which are predominately Republicans.
Regardless, we have a President who gets off on police brutality. Which he disguises as "LAW AND ORDER".

Post by IllinoisJayhawk » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:41 pm

I'll go out on a limb and guess fear of police brutality was among the reasons he was fleeing.
I am guessing he was drunk and belligerent. He didn't seem fearful when he was fighting them on the ground. I'm with you that it was wrong to kill him, but is wasn't a hands up dont shoot situation or a philando castille situation where he reached for an ID and the cop panicked and shot him multiple times.

You've seen the part of the video of him punching and wrestling the cops too right? He was definitely in the wrong. Inexcusable actions took place...i still don't think deadly force was necessary at that point in the altercation. Like I said, had they thought he was reaching for their gun on the ground fighting and shot him at that point, then I would be WAY more on the other side of this. But once he's running away I just dont agree with shooting him in the back. Even though he resisted. Even though he had a taser and pointed it back at the officer.

* I think your going out on a limb very well may have been a factor in his fleeing.
Your guessing is just that - guessing. To you, he didn't seem fearful. To me, I figure most people who have two cops trying to subdue you - might be "fearful".
Yes, I have seen the part of the video of him "punching and wrestling the cops". While he may have been in the wrong, he may have felt it was in self defense.
I feel once someone resists arrest, the police have the right to do whatever is necessary to subdue you - other than shoot you - unless you have a gun yourself and have committed a crime that has endangered others.
The man was allegedly drunk and asleep in a car. That was the "crime" he ended up being shot and killed for. I'm not saying he is free from blame but I am saying it's something that was handled poorly by both the suspect and the police.

Post by MICHHAWK » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:46 pm

Have you seen the video footage of the struggle/fight between the two police officers and the suspect?

* Yes.

Post by Walrus » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:49 pm

I learned recently that George Floyd had covid when he was arrested/killed. Some research might suggest that covid is blood vessel disease. Considering all the drugs he had in his system and the fact he had covid, he was in a really vulnerable state. I've never understood why cops have to put someone on the ground with their face down. Why not just have them sit on their butt instead?

* What "vulnerable state" was he in? Supposedly he tested positive for Covid but had no "symptoms".
As far as the drugs in his system, “I believe that the presence of these substances is not relevant,” Goldberger said. “We know his death is not due to toxicological means” because of the video of the circumstances, he said.
“I don’t believe that these drugs played a significant role in causing Mr. Floyd to become unresponsive while being restrained by law enforcement officers.”
He was "vulnerable" because he had a BAD heart. Which may have played a roll but was NOT ruled as the cause of his death.
If you don't understand why cops "put someone on the ground with their face down. Why not just have them sit on their butt instead"? I'll be kind and suggest if you really care, you ask Jeeper or perhaps reach out to your local law enforcement and ask one of the officers.

Post by Mjl » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:59 pm

From a purely PR standpoint, BLM is doing really well right now. It would be a bad idea for them to make a big deal out of this case.

* BLM is a "movement". You feel it would be a bad idea for them to make a big deal out of this case because you think it would hurt them from a "PR standpoint". Duly noted. "A big deal" meaning reading awareness and "protesting" or a "big deal" meaning rioting and violence?

Post by IllinoisJayhawk » Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:09 pm

Maybe. Maybe not. The fact the officer has already been fired speaks volumes. And does give a little bit of insight into the progress being made.

* "Officer" singular? Yes, the one who shot and killed him was fired. The other officer has been placed on administrative duty. Call me insensitive but I find Erika Shields to be a fucking pussy. I feel she needs to face the music. Weak people give up.

Post by Walrus » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:02 am

Let's just set fire to the Wendy's because that was the reason the guy was shot. What kind of logic is that?

The guy was sitting there, drunk in his car, blocking traffic to the drive through. I don't think the police did anything wrong based on what I've seen so far. Who would be stupid enough to try to use a taser against the police? It's so disturbing how the media is trying to frame this as the police's fault, as if every police encounter with a black man is unjustified.

* The "logic" (which I DISagree with) is that people are acting out. This adds some insight https://www.gq.com/story/why-violent-protests-work
You don't think the police did anything wrong? Well, let's see. A guy was "drunk in his car, blocking traffic to the drive through". The result was a cop involved was fired, a police chief resigned, and the "guy" is dead. I would say the police must have done something wrong.
You asked, "Who would be stupid enough to try to use a taser against the police"? Apparently the answer is a Black man being beaten up by two white cops - who may have been fearing for his life. Let me guess, you are not Black and you have never been beaten up by two cops. Am I right?
The "media" can "frame" this how ever the media chooses but there is video evidence of what happened and no, it was not the police's fault for the man committing the crime of being passed out in his car but as I said, there is a reason a cop was fired, a police commissioner quit, and a Black man was shit dead. Clearly the police did something/s wrong.
I would guess 90% of police "encounters" with a Black man are justified. I would also guess the majority of them end in a manner that was excessive and/or unnecessary.

This is a view that hasn't been shared by too many media outlets. Realize how close the cops are to the people who are recording this and that there are kids in the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx2F9yPGZfM
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

I almost said tldr until I realized you were giving me props
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

It is too long and I don't really expect anyone to read it.
Could/should have just posted the video but felt a desire to keep myself occupied while I drank my cup of coffee this morning.

Have a lovely President Trump's birthday Sunday!
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Bad look for both parties with the current state of affairs at hand. If that was the original video does it spark the same protests?
Just Ledoux it
Leawood

Post by Leawood »

I’m assuming everyone realizes police protocol with regard to high speed auto pursuits. In most instances, police officers stand down for safety reasons and call ahead.

Here, we have a guy who was passed out and running away. He might have made it 1/4 mile before passing out again. Instead, he is shot in the back.

Now there will be more protests on the Plaza.
Mjl

Post by Mjl »

TDub wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:25 am Bad look for both parties with the current state of affairs at hand. If that was the original video does it spark the same protests?
I would guess we would have never even heard about it. What do you think?
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

Didn't need to shoot him but this is entirely different than other more disturbing incidents.
This guy was clearly resisting arrest/fighting with the officers.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

It’s entirely different in that he was resisting and fighting, but also the same as it ever was in that it’s yet another cop needlessly killing a person of color, again. On video, again. And in the midst of worldwide protests against police brutality.

Dude screwed up and shouldn’t have resisted or fought back, but also didn’t do anything that warranted a death sentence.

The burden should be on the cop to prove why deadly force was necessary, cuz I’m just not sure a fear for yer life defense can apply.

And there’s no good way to spin shooting the guy in the back.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

ousdahl wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:58 am

Dude screwed up and shouldn’t have resisted or fought back, but also didn’t do anything that warranted a death sentence.
This is absolutely correct. But good luck having two things be true at the same time in this day and age.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

What’s kinda mind boggling is even though there’s worldwide protests against police brutality going on right fucking now, the cop didn’t even think twice about blasting. Now that dude’s fired, and maaaybe even face additional punishment.

Just like how Derek Chauvin didn’t think twice about keeping his knee on Floyd’s neck, even on camera with bystanders pleading.

Cops need to stop acting like they’re above consequences.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Mjl wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:52 am
TDub wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:25 am Bad look for both parties with the current state of affairs at hand. If that was the original video does it spark the same protests?
I would guess we would have never even heard about it. What do you think?
That would be my guess as well.
Just Ledoux it
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Granny, no one wanted to see him shot, but you would lying if you told me he was wise for fighting back like that and expecting the result would end in his favor. Really stupid move. Now if there was one thing I would like to see is we need a non-lethal way of stopping people when they are running away. Taser guns are too clumsy for that, and shooting with a gun at someone's leg can be really dangerous if it hits a major artery. In addition to the death of this guy, now there's a few more people without a job in a depression economy and another business that suffers an unjustified torching.
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

I have extensive law enforcement training.

The training regarding the use of deadly force used to be very well defined and NOT open for interpretation:

"The use of deadly force is to be considered ONLY in a situation where there is a direct and immediate threat of loss of life to the individual or to bystanders"

Used to be, if you administered lethal force outside of this definition, even if it didn't result in a loss of life, you faced charges.

Felling excited, scared or intimidated are not a direct and immediate threat. They are emotional responses.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Walrus wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:02 pm Granny, no one wanted to see him shot
I know at least one cop who did
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:49 pm I have extensive law enforcement training.

The training regarding the use of deadly force used to be very well defined and NOT open for interpretation:

"The use of deadly force is to be considered ONLY in a situation where there is a direct and immediate threat of loss of life to the individual or to bystanders"

Used to be, if you administered lethal force outside of this definition, even if it didn't result in a loss of life, you faced charges.

Felling excited, scared or intimidated are not a direct and immediate threat. They are emotional responses.
Where does grabbing a taser from the cop fall on that spectrum? Im honestly curious, not arguing.
Just Ledoux it