F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
ousdahl

Re: F the NCAA

Post by ousdahl »

well with all this shady money alleged, do the feds investigate the Zion case?
Deleted User 62

Post by Deleted User 62 »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:12 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:21 pm yeah, the whole Zion camp appears more and more reckless, almost.

and here’s your friendly reminder that the moment our guy curb checked a car for which the “financial picture” was questionable, dude never played a minute, and the NCAA was promptly made aware.
Didn't we lie about it for a few days first? Missed curfew or late to practice is why he missed the first game iirc.

Although its all irrelevant. Him not playing doesn't matter if we knew he was receiving improper benefits to attend KU. Known or should have known. The fact we wouldn't have any games we would have to vacate doesn't mean we are guaranteed to be free of punishment theoretically.

Also, who cares! I would conservatively estimate 25% of our highly recruited players receive improper benefits.

Why are people acting surprised about Zion? Of course he got something and/or lots of somethings. Duke is probably just hoping there aren't any texts between their coaches and the guys discussing these payments to Zion. My guess is there won't be. So they will get to at least try to claim they "didn't know or should have known" about them.

I dont really care if Duke gets in trouble or not. I just hope we don't get in trouble. And if we do, I still won't really be that upset. We didn't win a national title, which would be the only thing I would care about being vacated in the grand scheme of things. If they post season ban us then I hope its this year when there might not even be a post season. All this stuff is stupid. Way too many players get improper benefits for me to act shocked or give a damn at this point.
Where is this solid info that KU "lied"?

Is it possible he was late or missed curfew BECAUSE of the fender bender?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Im ok with coach telling the reporter a little white lie instead of opening the whole can of worms right there on the sideline moments before the first game of the season tips off.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:34 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:12 pm
ousdahl wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:21 pm yeah, the whole Zion camp appears more and more reckless, almost.

and here’s your friendly reminder that the moment our guy curb checked a car for which the “financial picture” was questionable, dude never played a minute, and the NCAA was promptly made aware.
Didn't we lie about it for a few days first? Missed curfew or late to practice is why he missed the first game iirc.

Although its all irrelevant. Him not playing doesn't matter if we knew he was receiving improper benefits to attend KU. Known or should have known. The fact we wouldn't have any games we would have to vacate doesn't mean we are guaranteed to be free of punishment theoretically.

Also, who cares! I would conservatively estimate 25% of our highly recruited players receive improper benefits.

Why are people acting surprised about Zion? Of course he got something and/or lots of somethings. Duke is probably just hoping there aren't any texts between their coaches and the guys discussing these payments to Zion. My guess is there won't be. So they will get to at least try to claim they "didn't know or should have known" about them.

I dont really care if Duke gets in trouble or not. I just hope we don't get in trouble. And if we do, I still won't really be that upset. We didn't win a national title, which would be the only thing I would care about being vacated in the grand scheme of things. If they post season ban us then I hope its this year when there might not even be a post season. All this stuff is stupid. Way too many players get improper benefits for me to act shocked or give a damn at this point.
Where is this solid info that KU "lied"?

Is it possible he was late or missed curfew BECAUSE of the fender bender?
it was a flat tire...and obviously there is no evidence other than the story sort of changing in a span of 48hrs or so...and our history of doing similar in other instances (Vick for example being "sick" for a few games right around the time of an alleged altercation iirc... an alleged altercation which "we" learned about months after iirc)....tbh its not our staffs responsibility to tell the media every little thing that happens. And I dont expect/want them to. I dont care if they lied or didn't lie about the BP flat tire for a few days while they got their ducks in a row. In fact that seems like the smart thing to do rather than air dirty laundry to the media.

Ousdahl was playing defense attorney to a board full of people on the same side as him. Almost NOBODY here believes our staff is totally innocent and unaware of the shoe brand influence culture that surrounds college basketball. I find the shtick that we did everything right LOOK AT DUKE! to be annoying....most know all the top schools aren't doing "everything right". The rules aren't really followed by anyone imo.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

if a tree falls in the woods, but there’s no illy there to argue about it, did it even really happen?
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:00 am Im ok with coach telling the reporter a little white lie instead of opening the whole can of worms right there on the sideline moments before the first game of the season tips off.
Exactly.
Deleted User 62

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:24 am if a tree falls in the woods, but there’s no illy there to argue about it, did it even really happen?
I could literally picture Illy arguing with a tree....about trees.
Deleted User 310

Trees can't argue, so it would likely be more productive and friendly than 51% of the discussions on this message board.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:06 am
ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:24 am if a tree falls in the woods, but there’s no illy there to argue about it, did it even really happen?
not exactly going out on a limb about that one, eh?
Deleted User 62

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:09 am
Just throwing a little shade is all....
Deleted User 310

If you guys keep bullying me I am going to have to leaf again for a while!
Deleted User 310

You can bark at me all you want. I think you should stick your stupid puns right up your asses!

😘😉😜
Deleted User 62

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:15 am You can bark at me all you want. I think you should stick your stupid puns right up your asses!

😘😉😜
2 minutes to come up with THIS?
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Considering how quickly he went full stick-it-up-the-ass, I’m surprised he was even able to last 2 minutes.
Deleted User 310

jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:22 am
IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:15 am You can bark at me all you want. I think you should stick your stupid puns right up your asses!

😘😉😜
3yr old needed his butt wiped.

Multi tasking while parenting is the root of the problem when it comes to slow responses from me. 🙃😉
Deleted User 310

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:37 am Considering how quickly he went full stick-it-up-the-ass, I’m surprised he was even able to last 2 minutes.
fwiw I was totally joking around.
Deleted User 62

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 11:08 am
jeepinjayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:22 am

😘😉😜
3yr old needed his butt wiped.

Multi tasking while parenting is the root of the problem when it comes to slow responses from me. 🙃😉
I don't believe anyone is complaining about your lack of production here.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

ousdahl wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:09 am
You really think he would, or is this argument not pulpable?
Deleted User 310

Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

IllinoisJayhawk wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:13 am If you guys keep bullying me I am going to have to leaf again for a while!
That would be a fucking shame!