COVID-19 numbers

Coffee talk.
sdoyel

Re: COVID-19 numbers

Post by sdoyel »

Dallas County now a top 5 hot spot. I believe I read this morning that for the first time in this pandemic Texas has over 2,000 Covid patients in hospital beds.
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/texas ... e/2385951/
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Worst three days of the pandemic so far in Texas.
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Dallas County records record high Covid cases today. 300.

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Memorial Day (and reopening generally) did it. The protests will have made it worse.
jhawks99
Contributor

Post by jhawks99 »

TDub wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 7:56 am Well, missed my parents 50th anniversary yesterday thabks to covid. Though, secretly Im not super upset. It saved me a 15 hr round trip drive with 2 kids under 3. I may not have been able to make to anyway. Shoot,maybe this should go in the silver linings thread.
I'm late to this party, but my Mom turns 90 on Saturday. Looks like I'm missing it.
Defense. Rebounds.
seahawk

Post by seahawk »

My neighbor who manages a restaurant says that no patrons wear masks and he's the only server who does. He also said that although they've kept the spacing and using half the space in the restaurant that the people coming in pay no attention to social distancing. Also that they've made more money than last year at the same time, even with only 50% of their space open, because of the high level of tourists here.
Don't inject Lysol.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

seahawk wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 5:52 pm My neighbor who manages a restaurant says that no patrons wear masks and he's the only server who does. He also said that although they've kept the spacing and using half the space in the restaurant that the people coming in pay no attention to social distancing. Also that they've made more money than last year at the same time, even with only 50% of their space open, because of the high level of tourists here.
We've got at least 1 restaurant that I know if in my city that has completely ignored the governors orders and has their dining room open...we are still in a phase that ONLY allows outdoor seating and curbside pick up.

Most places are still following orders thankfully.

My brother in law, who is ATF, has been nervous as hell (in addition to protests) because nearly none of his co workers wear masks for anything...so he's stuck in surveillance vans/riding in cars with people who could easily be infecting him to take it home to his kids. He's 1 of the only 1s in his unit who is taking covid19 seriously and its been very hard for him because he's young and new to this unit so he doesn't feel like he can ask his superiors to mask up since they don't want to.

I've only had to wear a mask 1 time so far. Got new tires put of my wifes vehicle and wore a mask while inside paying and waiting for 15min while they changed the tires out. I can't imagine being in a packed office and having to wear one all day, but at the same time I can't imagine being in a packed office all day and not wanting to wear one either (if that makes sense).

We are still being very cautious. Kids are staying away from other kids. Any family visits are done outside and keeping distance as much as we can. Its not "normal", but its also not that big of a burden, especially if it makes us even a little less likely to get it.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Gonna be a long summer
Just Ledoux it
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Actually, I feel it's going to be the opposite. I feel it's going to be a short summer.
Those of us who live in places where we only get 4 months of nice weather, when this summer is over - we only have to wait another 8-9 months for another summer. Reality is that next summer nothing is guaranteed. We might have some other devastating "plague".
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

A monument to American selfishness, and the predictable result of leadership that made science take a backseat to wishcasting:

https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status ... 7110178816
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Let's impeach Trump!

Can't blame leadership on rioters spreading the virus.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

jfish26 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:28 pm A monument to American selfishness, and the predictable result of leadership that made science take a backseat to wishcasting:

https://twitter.com/keithedwards/status ... 7110178816
Yup. It is the acme of selfishness to want to make a living and not depend on the government to feed, clothe, and shelter us.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

Corporations were given more than all individuals combined. Let’s not get distracted to who is running the show here.
Deleted User 141

Post by Deleted User 141 »

imzcount wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:42 pm Let's impeach Trump!

Can't blame leadership on rioters spreading the virus.
He’s already been impeached.
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

The looney left now just using this virus as an excuse to steal the election too. Very well planned out.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

Count, I’d like to kindly remind you the politics belongs on the politics bored.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Gqcolorado wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:16 pm Corporations were given more than all individuals combined. Let’s not get distracted to who is running the show here.
George Soros, et al? I don't think that was ever in question.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

imzcount wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:17 pm The looney left now just using this virus as an excuse to steal the election too. Very well planned out.
I don't agree with that. However, I do believe the media wanted there to be riots so that they could blame it on Trump.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."