2020 offseason thread

Kansas Football.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: 2020 offseason thread

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

We're on the same page. I think we both knew back when Long was hired that this was a two-hire process. We're year 2 in phase 1.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Yep. Miles is the bridge. And an assistant (Dearmon) or the like would take it over and get the program to possibly have multiple winning seasons, or at least consistently competitive. I mean shit, 8 out of the 12 games they were competitive. Baylor, TCU, Okie State and kstate were the clunkers. Everything else, yes including the 25 point loss to OU, they were competitive for at least a half.

That's all I think Kansas fans want. Competitive football. And Les Miles provided that for us 66% of the time. We've seen maybe 33% in past years.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

"But don’t ever get it twisted, it’s Rock Chalk forever." MG
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

That's another positive I see from a canceled or postponed season. There is certainly a chance that we're less competitive in year 2 because of the 2020 graduates. Beaty had the roster loaded with upperclassmen.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I've always contended that one of the biggest undoing of the Beaty era was his inability to keep a staff together for more than a year. It was a non stop rotation of position coaches and coordinators. I do wonder what might have happened if Cummings didn't get hurt in the spring in whatever year that was. Hell, it probably wouldn't have made a difference anyways. We might as well just try and forget the Beaty years even happened.

Once Miles arrived, and in a certain degree Long too it forced everyone to take football seriously. Basketball had been the cash cow for so long but people started to realize that as good as the basketball program was in order to survive and thrive in college athletics you have to have a competent football program. Miles is still probably two or three years away from really righting the ship but for the first, in a long time it feels like that program is headed in the right direction.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

KU settles with Beaty for $2.55M

They ate the cost to avoid Gassanola in court.
“I don’t remember anything he said, but it was a very memorable speech.” Julian Wright on a speech Michael Jordan gave to a group he was in

NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

Especially after oSu got a 1 year postseason ban. They didn’t want any more court findings.

holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

I’m sure the guys over on 247 are going to be LIVID but I believe settling was the way to go from the beginning. Still probably came out on top, per say money wise and avoided any further stuff coming out.

Move on from that clown show and never repeat his name again.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-footb ... oan-shirt/

Very interesting. I mean, most of those kids have to know Gundy has always leaned heavily to the right. But with the climate that is going on now, you'll see more of this.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Came here to post that. Gundy's stepped too far into it this time.

https://twitter.com/Hubbard_RMN/status/ ... 64642?s=20
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:39 pmVery interesting. I mean, most of those kids have to know Gundy has always leaned heavily to the right. But with the climate that is going on now, you'll see more of this.
It's not necessarily the right leaning that has made Gundy a reprehensible voice the past several years.

Gundy's issue has always been that he firmly believes that he and college football are god-made saviors and that everyone needs to bow down to him and thank him. Take what I give you and shut the hell up mentality as he sits on his $5m salary + endorsements.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

You talking about Gundy or Dabo King Jr?

We need Les to show up at the first day of practice with a BLM t-shirt. Crootin' never stops.

Also, first win of 2020. 75 athletes tested and no 'Rona. Hang a banner.
Holidaysmore - 2005
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:45 pm
NewtonHawk11 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:39 pmVery interesting. I mean, most of those kids have to know Gundy has always leaned heavily to the right. But with the climate that is going on now, you'll see more of this.
It's not necessarily the right leaning that has made Gundy a reprehensible voice the past several years.

Gundy's issue has always been that he firmly believes that he and college football are god-made saviors and that everyone needs to bow down to him and thank him. Take what I give you and shut the hell up mentality as he sits on his $5m salary + endorsements.
Well yes, that too. Gundy and Dabo are THE WORST in that aspect. Dabo much worse than anyone else.

But know Les and how he operates, there will be something with solidarity once the season rolls around. I think that's just the way he operates.

imzcount

Post by imzcount »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:40 pm Came here to post that. Gundy's stepped too far into it this time.

So what sort of satisfactory shirts do you recomend? If it was a Joe Biden shirt, no one would bat an eye. Put on a random news shirt he got for free, and the whole world loses their mind. Typical libs.
NewtonHawk11

Post by NewtonHawk11 »

It's not just the shirt, but the statement he put out about the network in April. When it was clearly false.

He has access to literally THOUSANDS of Oklahoma State, Nike or Ranches that Oklahoma State boosters own. Not a controversial network that goes against a lot of his players beliefs and thoughts.

CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

imzcount wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:19 pm
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:40 pm Came here to post that. Gundy's stepped too far into it this time.

So what sort of satisfactory shirts do you recomend? If it was a Joe Biden shirt, no one would bat an eye. Put on a random news shirt he got for free, and the whole world loses their mind. Typical libs.
I do not care at all what shirts Gundy wears or outlets he supports.

His All-American running back does. I would guess his opinion affects Gundy more than mine does.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Had all day to come up with something and:

ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

for real though, good mess of stripers they got there.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

If it weren’t for the “typical libs” comment, that’s a decent post from dolomite.

Dude was fishing in his own private life. If he takes his private beliefs to work and they are offensive, then there should be a problem. I don’t like how torches blaze when someone finds something out about your private life and applies it to your place of work.
Geezer

Post by Geezer »

It was the count.
try to keep your socks straight.
Do not go gentle into that good night, Old age should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

OAN=Russia Today, minus all that objectivity.