Coffee talk.
TDub
Contributor

Re: COVID-19 numbers

Post by TDub »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:13 am
TDub wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:10 am
CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:07 am

You have to break some eggs to make an omelet.

The omelet being tee times, boating and haircuts.
Lets just hope they have a bank account.
Twocoach coulda found some shit they were wasting money on.
I tell ya what. Do you think he would consider figure skating lessons as a waste of money that could be eliminated? I sure would.

But, IF, he does, maybe he wouldnt have his extra large bank account we all have to make sacrifices right
Just Ledoux it
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:13 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:06 am I'm sure the 890 who died yesterday agree.

This is also where I get confused. Not directed at CnB, more at 2coach and a few others.

If haircuts, boating, and golf are no goes, how can a protest where people are shoulder to shoulder shouting, droplets flying ,acceptable.

Yes, im not blind, i understand the reasons,but i can also understand the impact that might have on the spread of this virus.
Yeah, I'm not touching any of that, and I know not directed at me.

My tangent would be that kind of what I thought early on: we should have been told to mask up from the beginning. Beyond the obvious spread of aerosol germs, even the general "feel" and visual that there is a pandemic going on could have maybe kept people away from each other and to take it seriously.
Deleted User 310

Post by Deleted User 310 »

Don't touch my tee times! Nobody is catching covid19 on the golf course riding in individual carts and staying away from their playing partners.

I'll check back in when I get done with my afternoon 36holes.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:13 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:06 am I'm sure the 890 who died yesterday agree.

This is also where I get confused. Not directed at CnB, more at 2coach and a few others.

If haircuts, boating, and golf are no goes, how can a protest where people are shoulder to shoulder shouting, droplets flying ,acceptable.

Yes, im not blind, i understand the reasons,but i can also understand the impact that might have on the spread of this virus.
Agree that this is a tough call. I definitely would have chosen to participate in the protests if COVID-19 situation was not going on. But it is so I chose not to. While I respect the message the protesters were delivering, there's no way that this isn't going to result in an increase in cases. It's a no-win decision; ignore the problem and not protest and the injustice continues. Protest and the virus spreads. Yuck and yuck.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Family spending the day on the boat is a far lesser public health risk than the dopes in dopeytowne. Family spending the day on the golf course is a far lesser public health risk than the dopes in dopeytowne. Yet the dopes in dopeytowne are celebrated. While family is ridiculed. That’s what we call politics as usual.
"hey don't blame me, i am going to vote for some random dude"
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

TDub wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:15 am
PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:13 am
TDub wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:10 am

Lets just hope they have a bank account.
Twocoach coulda found some shit they were wasting money on.
I tell ya what. Do you think he would consider figure skating lessons as a waste of money that could be eliminated? I sure would.

But, IF, he does, maybe he wouldnt have his extra large bank account we all have to make sacrifices right
Trust me, our family income feels it when the economy tightens. We are fully aware that my wife's income is the "unnecessary" discretionary spending of others. When kids get sick, she is out money. When families have money problems, she is out money. When school ends and people go on vacation, she is out money. We factor all of that into our own family evaluations of our situation that we perform.
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

MICHHAWK wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:46 am Family spending the day on the boat is a far lesser public health risk than the dopes in dopeytowne. Family spending the day on the golf course is a far lesser public health risk than the dopes in dopeytowne. Yet the dopes in dopeytowne are celebrated. While family is ridiculed. That’s what we call politics as usual.
I dont see much celebration of what's going on in Seattle. I have seen zero conversation about it here. Frankly, the whole thing seems kinda dumb from what little I have seen of it. It reads like a bunch of 20 year olds looking to show how extreme they are. Every generation has had overly dramatic 20 something year olds protesting in an over the top way.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

Just out of curiosity, how many of those 890 were already past the median age for life expectancy in this country? How many were already dying of pre-existing health conditions? How many were nursing home residents who have nearly non-existent immune systems and are already being protected to the full extent that is possible?

Just giving the numbers - what the “mainstream” media loves to do - gives the impression that 890 poor souls in the prime of life and in great health had fifty years cruelly stolen from them by selfish pigs who won’t stay home and/or wear masks to walk in the park.
“There are lies, damned lies, and statistics.” - Mark Twain
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

HouseDivided wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:15 pm
Just out of curiosity, how many of those 890 were already past the median age for life expectancy in this country? How many were already dying of pre-existing health conditions? How many were nursing home residents who have nearly non-existent immune systems and are already being protected to the full extent that is possible?

Just giving the numbers - what the “mainstream” media loves to do - gives the impression that 890 poor souls in the prime of life and in great health had fifty years cruelly stolen from them by selfish pigs who won’t stay home and/or wear masks to walk in the park.
No, no, you've got it all wrong. They just "report the news."
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
imzcount

Post by imzcount »

Also, most of deaths are in nursing homes. While it's sad that people in nursing homes are dying, this is not wide-spread throughout the country. Libs trying to make it sound like it's a zombie movie, but it's more of a light flu with nursing homes inflating the true numbers. And the true spread is obviously from rioters in the streets also being inflamed by the MSM about fake race issues. The whole thing is silly, and nearly took down this country.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

Those people outside, going about, wearing a mask, look like idiots.

Leave that to the hollywood elite types please. You look stupid.
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

A quadfecta of posts.

PhD - this is a good argument that it is more than "impatience."
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

imzcount wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:26 pm

Also, most of deaths are in nursing homes. While it's sad that people in nursing homes are dying, this is not wide-spread throughout the country. Libs trying to make it sound like it's a zombie movie, but it's more of a light flu with nursing homes inflating the true numbers. And the true spread is obviously from rioters in the streets also being inflamed by the MSM about fake race issues. The whole thing is silly, and nearly took down this country.
This was updated June 2nd, and it shows 42% in nursing homes or assisted care facilities. So not "most". Not even half.

https://freopp.org/the-covid-19-nursing ... 47433c3f70
twocoach

Post by twocoach »

States are seeing large spikes in cases in people 30 and younger:

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06/16 ... ng-adults/

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/ed ... story.html

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/06/16/ ... alifornia/
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:38 pm A quadfecta of posts.

PhD - this is a good argument that it is more than "impatience."
Well. It's for sure become political. Which was the point we really got fucked.

#OldLivesDontMatter
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:43 pm

This was updated June 2nd, and it shows 42% in nursing homes or assisted care facilities. So not "most". Not even half.

Right. And that's nursing homes and assisted living...not hospice. These aren't necessarily people on their death bed. The average duration of a stay in assisted living is about 2.5 years. A lot of these people might have had another 3,4,5 years. Sometimes you're in a nursing home because of some injury but you're otherwise healthy, they're not filled with people on their death bed. Their lives still fucking matter.
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

So, we’re down to 58% outside nursing homes. How many were incarcerated? How many are above the median life expectancy? How many were already dying of something else? These are all important contextual questions that the “mainstream” media isn’t asking because the answers don’t fit the narrative.
MICHHAWK

Post by MICHHAWK »

The country is moving forward in a thoughtful manner. And you’re stuck in the mud spinning your wheels.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

twocoach wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:50 pm

States are seeing large spikes in cases in people 30 and younger:

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06/16 ... ng-adults/

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/ed ... story.html

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/06/16/ ... alifornia/
Symptomatic or asymptomatic? Mild or severe? Again, important info that is omitted because advancing the narrative trumps being rational.
HouseDivided

Post by HouseDivided »

PhDhawk wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:43 pm

Right. And that's nursing homes and assisted living...not hospice. These aren't necessarily people on their death bed. The average duration of a stay in assisted living is about 2.5 years. A lot of these people might have had another 3,4,5 years. Sometimes you're in a nursing home because of some injury but you're otherwise healthy, they're not filled with people on their death bed. Their lives still fucking matter.
Wow, three more years at the end of life vs. the future for people who have to figure out how to survive after an economic collapse for another 50 or 60 years? That makes no sense whatsoever.