F the NCAA

Kansas Basketball.
CrimsonNBlue

Re: F the NCAA

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

In a letter sent to NCAA vice president of legal affairs and general counsel Scott Bearby on June 12, Scott Tompsett, Self's attorney, wrote that the purpose of the letter was to "formally put the NCAA on notice of Mr. Self's current and prospective claims against the NCAA relating to the NCAA's infractions investigation of the KU men's basketball program and Mr. Self."

"Without limiting Mr. Self's claims, he is considering bringing legal action against the NCAA and NCAA officers, employees and representatives for negligence, breach of contract, defamation, fraud, tortious interference with contract and tortious interference with prospective contract," Tompsett wrote.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-baske ... orney-says
jfish26
Contributor

Post by jfish26 »

Not sure what the substantive point is here. But good for the lawyer I guess.
holidaysmore

Post by holidaysmore »

That's a bold strategy, Cotton.
Holidaysmore - 2005
kujayhawkfan

Post by kujayhawkfan »

IT ABOUT TO GO DOWN
ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK
sdoyel

Post by sdoyel »

Bill is going to end the NCAA. Glorious.
"The real issue with covid: its not killing enough people." - randylahey

GTS Champ 2008
GTS Champ 2020*

“We good?” - Bill Self

RIP jhawk73

🇺🇦
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Just like the police, the NCAA needs major reform.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
CrimsonNBlue

Post by CrimsonNBlue »

Walrus wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:26 pm Just like the police, the NCAA needs major reform.
Yes, just like F the NCAA,

F Tha Police.

Someone should write a song about it.
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

CrimsonNBlue wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:01 pm
Walrus wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:26 pm Just like the police, the NCAA needs major reform.
Yes, just like F the NCAA,

F Tha Police.

Someone should write a song about it.
Only if it comes straiht from the underground
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

And i left the g out cuz the G aint in you
Just Ledoux it
TDub
Contributor

Post by TDub »

Not you CnB, the collective you
Just Ledoux it
LVCHawk

Post by LVCHawk »

This is great to hear. Also I look forward to next years seeding being something like this:

East Regional
KU #1

With fellow participants:
Villanova
Duke
Kentucky
Syracuse
Michigan State
Virginia
The greatest 8-16 seeds of all time
Sparko
Contributor

Post by Sparko »

Self can say that he followed the NCAA's guidance the whole way, including holding players out. Then he can point to "clearance" difficulties which put the team at a competitive disadvantage for reasons that appear to be pure spite on the NCAA's part. Then there is the UNC situation and Duke's very embarrassing Williamson problem. It comes down to what I have been saying: Kansas is a lucrative fly-over target for the NCAA. The team has extra hurdles to surmount on and off the court many times.
Imagine discovery and witnesses. This is exactly what I thought Self should do.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

We're all tired of this b.s. from the NCAA. They look the other way after UNC commits the biggest case of academic fraud I've ever known about, and they don't care about Zion's situation at Duke. Someone needs to push back against this nonsense. Even if Self loses, I'm glad he is fighting back. The time to play nice is over.
"This whole thing was a big dick-waving contest, it's just that my dick was bigger than yours."
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

The NCAA has always moved at a snail’s pace.

I imagine they’ll address Duke and Zion - some day, several years from now, once KU’s punishment came and went, G league games replace Big Monday and Super Tuesday, K retires, and Zion weighs 400 pounds.
PhDhawk

Post by PhDhawk »

ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:03 pm and Zion weighs 400 pounds.
So.....18 months from now?
I only came to kick some ass...

Rock the fucking house and kick some ass.
pdub
Site Admin

Post by pdub »

I like it.
The NCAA is a kangaroo court .
We held out Billy. We held out Silvio.

Do I think we were cheating? For sure.
Do I think Self was as involved as the NCAA is implying? Could be a blind eye deal. Just get it done kinda deal.

If there is a win here ( uphill battle ) maybe it forces the NCAA to come up with an established and unbiased way of ruling on infractions ( maybe their only way of staying relevant ).

The earlier ruling that Kansas was the victim here could be helpful for Selfs argument in non kangaroo court I'd guess.

If the NCAA came out and said schools like Duke, UNC, Kentucky AND Kansas are walking the line when it comes to following the rules, I could respect them more but they willy Nilly judge on things.

Of course, this could have the opposite effect ( doubtful ) of folding the NCAA entirely and creating a power 5 conference where universities can pay their players to play. Thatd be the end of pdub and kcrim too.
Walrus

Post by Walrus »

Someone has a personal agenda against Self, so I would guess they will find some small way to slap him with something. No one is arguing Kansas is innocent -- we just want some consistency if there are going to consequences.
ousdahl

Post by ousdahl »

PhDhawk wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:27 pm
ousdahl wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:03 pm and Zion weighs 400 pounds.
So.....18 months from now?
Ha yup.

or it could be several centuries more, cuz K is a vampire
Judy_Jayhawk

Post by Judy_Jayhawk »

Hahahaha Boo-fucking- hoo! I hope it bankrupts the NCAA! HCBS is my hero!
Deleted User 289

Post by Deleted User 289 »

Judy - I have always admired your passion but as I often do, I question your logic here.

A) I think you underestimate the wealth and power of the NCAA - if you think/hope this bankrupts the NCAA. It's not going to.
B) If the NCAA was bankrupt/ed, I assume you realize at least in the short term it would hurt and not help KU student athletes, the athletic program, and the university.
C) Bill Self is a nice man. You have every right to call him your hero but......
I'll spare you and everyone else my posting facts that involve Self and the players that have NOT been good for the KU Basketball program's (and the university's) image.